ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino imagine the story line. Redemption/Resurrection.

Pelphrey&Padgett

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 4, 2004
If no Donovan I’m casting my vote for Pitino. The man is a brilliant coach. Imagine the story line. Redemption…Chance to rectify his biggest career regret which is leaving UK. Celtics gave him the farm, can’t blame him for taking that offer. Resurrection…Not once but twice saves the program and sets it up for a home run hire in a few years. Get Reed, Z and Theiro back. Bring in some nice transfers. Talk Quaintance into staying on board. Snag Mcneeley.
Pitino coaching and this is a final four team.

1HmrYGB.gif

I can’t stand the thought of Pitino as UK coach again. He burned that bridge worse than any bridge has ever been burned. Period.

However, I gotta admit that the thought of Pope joining him as a #2 grooming to take over as head coach in three years does sound intriguing.

Lol I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I'd sell the house to get tickets for UK vs. Arky

Someone explain the brilliant coach. Was he? Yes. Is he anymore? Noooooooo.

Time comes for us all. And it has gotten Rick already.

Reactions: Sejonesy
If no Donovan I’m casting my vote for Pitino. The man is a brilliant coach. Imagine the story line. Redemption…Chance to rectify his biggest career regret which is leaving UK. Celtics gave him the farm, can’t blame him for taking that offer. Resurrection…Not once but twice saves the program and sets it up for a home run hire in a few years. Get Reed, Z and Theiro back. Bring in some nice transfers. Talk Quaintance into staying on board. Snag Mcneeley.
Pitino coaching and this is a final four team.
Refresh and Refuel

Reactions: Pelphrey&Padgett
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, but no, leave the past where it belongs. Yes, he's a great coach, but it's more than that. Taking him back is akin to selling your soul to the devil. Besides, you don't give a narcissist that kind of satisfaction.

Reactions: Sejonesy
I can’t stand the thought of Pitino as UK coach again. He burned that bridge worse than any bridge has ever been burned. Period.

However, I gotta admit that the thought of Pope joining him as a #2 grooming to take over as head coach in three years does sound intriguing.
As a Steelers fan I watched Antonio Brown burn every yellow bridge in Pittsburgh on his way out. Never wanted him back. Rick and UK?!! He for the most part has spoke glowingly of UK. Like another guy said the man has something to prove. Other than Hurley or Donovan he’s the guy for the job right now. Hell bring in the UK brain trust…Pope, Pelphrey, Padgett, Ulis for assistants. Going back old school unforgettables and reclaim Camelot!

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, but no, leave the past where it belongs. Yes, he's a great coach, but it's more than that. Taking him back is akin to selling your soul to the devil. Besides, you don't give a narcissist that kind of satisfaction.
You do if they are ego driven..thats what makes Trump successful as well. Use it toward your advantage.

You do if they are ego driven..thats what makes Trump successful as well. Use it toward your advantage.
Yes, narcissists are extremely motivated, and as a result, usually succeed because of it. But at the end of the day they're only out for one thing, themselves. Personally, I'd rather not win at any cost.

BTW, love the name/pic. Randy was one of the reasons I picked up a guitar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT