ADVERTISEMENT

Red Dead Redemption 2

So, where are the Night Folk? I'm on Chapter 6; I assume I overlooked them?

You’d come across them in the swamp area, north/northwest of Saint Denis. If you see any corpses hanging in that area, just hang around it for a minute. Be ready to shoot.

Also there’s a few random encounters and a camper with a side mission involving the Night Folk.

Going to buy this game this weekend and not really reading through this thread as don't want to read all the spoilers. Haha. I'm anxious to see how this will look on a 110" projector screen.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Anyone had flashbacks to RD1 when trotting through the wilderness you hear a cougar, but by the time you locate the cougar it’s already ripping off your face? Good times.

Reactions: FusterCluck
I stumbled upon its nest, but I wasn't sure if the legendary gator was an actual mission, so I walked away and saved it for later.
There isn’t a legendary gator on the map given, does it come by a mission or via pre order?

Edit: never mind, you have to finish a chapter in #4 to get the legendary gator

I’m in chapter three but spend a lot of time hunting legendary animals and collecting pelts. I only need a perfect panther and iguana to get the last satchel. I’ve also been working on the challenges

I’m in chapter three but spend a lot of time hunting legendary animals and collecting pelts. I only need a perfect panther and iguana to get the last satchel. I’ve also been working on the challenges
The only place to find iguana is on the island off the coast near Rhodes. Don't try to swim it. Even if you don't die trying, it's a total waste of energy resource. Find a boat or make your horse swim it. Horse won't drown when stamina drops, he'll just go to closest shore.
There isn’t a legendary gator on the map given, does it come by a mission or via pre order?

Edit: never mind, you have to finish a chapter in #4 to get the legendary gator
Probably was early to mid chapter 4. I was walking the river banks around the swamp looking for oleander and found it.

Reactions: Xception
Probably the best game I've ever played, BUT, does anyone else get a little sick of the preachy themes? Yes, the Indians were treated poorly. Yes, the blacks were treated poorly. Yes, the land was exploited. Yes, everyone should've had the right to vote. Etc, etc. Ok, we get it. Just seems overdone.

Probably the best game I've ever played, BUT, does anyone else get a little sick of the preachy themes? Yes, the Indians were treated poorly. Yes, the blacks were treated poorly. Yes, the land was exploited. Yes, everyone should've had the right to vote. Etc, etc. Ok, we get it. Just seems overdone.

I get what you’re saying, but from what I’ve heard, compared to what other games have turned into this is nothing. I think they put those elements in to appease SJW types but not overly doing so to the point that it takes over the game.

A friend told me battlefield 5 is the worst. It’s about a resistance group during WW2. The claim was it was the most realistic and historicallly accurate game ever made. The main protagonist is an Irish woman with a prosthetic arm. Remember all of those running around during WW2?

I get what you’re saying, but from what I’ve heard, compared to what other games have turned into this is nothing. I think they put those elements in to appease SJW types but not overly doing so to the point that it takes over the game.

A friend told me battlefield 5 is the worst. It’s about a resistance group during WW2. The claim was it was the most realistic and historicallly accurate game ever made. The main protagonist is an Irish woman with a prosthetic arm. Remember all of those running around during WW2?
I LOVE BF. Been playing with the same core group of dudes since Bad Company.

I can't play the campaign on V. Just too much.

Here’s a handy map that shows where to find trappers and most everything else, I just use it to locate trappers so I don’t have to ride across the map to deliver a legendary. Warning the map shows nearly everything but you can select to turn off any icons. https://rdr2map.com

Reactions: FusterCluck
Finished the Red Dead Redemption mission and :cry:. I MISS ARTHUR!!! AND MY HORSE!!!! That SUCKED. Guess I'll need to go back to a previously saved game and finish some of the challenges.

Finished the Red Dead Redemption mission and :cry:. I MISS ARTHUR!!! AND MY HORSE!!!! That SUCKED. Guess I'll need to go back to a previously saved game and finish some of the challenges.
You can still do them with John

I love this game so much that now that I feel I'm getting closer to the end (I'm in the middle of chapter 6), I find myself avoiding the main missions for as long as possible so that I have more time to play.

I always tell myself that after I finish the story I can still go back and do challenges, hunt legendary animals, etc., but I know myself enough to know that I won't do that as the game will lose some flavor once I get to the end of Arthur's story.

Just finished chapter one. Man, this game is good.

gplus7478868077295823572.png

Reactions: screwduke1
I love this game so much that now that I feel I'm getting closer to the end (I'm in the middle of chapter 6), I find myself avoiding the main missions for as long as possible so that I have more time to play.

I always tell myself that after I finish the story I can still go back and do challenges, hunt legendary animals, etc., but I know myself enough to know that I won't do that as the game will lose some flavor once I get to the end of Arthur's story.

It does a decent job of keeping things going post story.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
I'm at the very start of it (at that camp) and trying to find missions to do.

Anything that’s a yellow letter on your map is a story mission. The yellow “U” on your map is Uncle for example. Go to the person and press left trigger and greet them. That will start the mission.

Reactions: screwduke1
Anything that’s a yellow letter on your map is a story mission. The yellow “U” on your map is Uncle for example. Go to the person and press left trigger and greet them. That will start the mission.
Thanks dude. I figured that was the case but was having too much fun beating the shit out of random ass people lol.

My current game I played seriously/honorably. Once I'm done, I'm starting over and going scorched earth on every one and every thing.

That video above is so great. When I saw him carrying her into the swamp, I [roll]
Yeah I beat it honorably. It does change some of the story, cut scenes, depending how you beat it, and the citizens interact with you differently.

Yep, all the early missions are like tutorials. Nearly every mission is either teaching you or giving you the gear/skill you're going to need in the game. There's a fairly steep learning curve to the controls, too. So many controls, it's almost clunky until you get the feel. Stuff gets lost, but it's always somewhere. You never "lose" a gun, hat, mask, etc when picking up something new... it just gets shuffled into inventory.

I knew about the white horse and the special Lancaster repeater from watching pre-release vids.

Sell all the legendary pelts to the trapper. He will give top dollar and then sell you the special garments. The other legendary "bits" like panther eyeballs, gator teeth and whatever, need to go to the fence in Saint Denis. He crafts talismans with them that give special game perks.
I like learning by death trial and error

I’m going to take that activist high up in the grizzlies and throw her off the mountain. I wonder what the murfree brood would do if I dropped her off? Or maybe see what predator bait would bring, the possibilities are numerous.

Anyone been down in the towns where the first game took place. Went to armadillo and everyone was basically dead. Started killing everyone else and no law even bothered to show

How is the online like? Probably gonna finish the story mode up before I try the online. I remember online on the first red dead was awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT