ADVERTISEMENT

Red Dead Redemption 2

CatOfDaVille

Senior
Mar 30, 2007
Anybody play this yet? I buy myself a new game every year or two (approaching my 40s so don't have the time like I used to), and this year I chose RDR2 because of the positive reviews and because I loved the first one so much.

I'm only about 6-7 hrs into it so far, but the attention to detail is unbelievable. It's probably the prettiest game I've ever played.

The story is very very slow so far, but that's ok, and I'm sure it's by design to get players used to everything. Maybe it picks up the further you get into it.

Overall fun game though.

It’s awesome, can’t wait for online play.

yeah, it's fantastic.

i'm in the same boat, first game i've played in a good while too much of a time sink but this one is worth it.

Really wish they'd make RD's on the PC. But for the first time in nearly a decade, I googled what a new Xbox runs for, and wondered if it would be worth it.

This is my first game of this kind in around 20 years. I can see where it is a great game, but if I am being honest with myself no way I will finish it. Im a Zelda Ocarina of Time kind of guy, just have o admit video games have passed me by.

Reactions: homeytheclown
This is my first game of this kind in around 20 years. I can see where it is a great game, but if I am being honest with myself no way I will finish it. Im a Zelda Ocarina of Time kind of guy, just have o admit video games have passed me by.

I'd understand if you said "I'm a pac man kinda guy".. But OoT is very much an open world game. If you can play that, there's no reason you can't play this.

You are correct, very little has changed with this genre of games since 1998.

Yeah, it’s a great game. My wife has some shows she enjoys, so when she watches them, I get in some game time.

The attention to detail is astounding. Really enjoying it so far. Anyone play the drunk mission yet? Lol

Same here. I'd love to say I'll finish it, but it'll take me at least 6 months given that I probably only have 6 hours a week to play it.

Gone are the days in my 20s when I could play a game for six hours straight five days a week.

Yeah, I definitely don't play like I did 20 years ago. But I still make time for the games I want to play. As a huge fan of the genre, it is so satisfying to play this game. It's like cowboys and Indians except a million times better.

Yeah, it’s a great game. My wife has some shows she enjoys, so when she watches them, I get in some game time.

The attention to detail is astounding. Really enjoying it so far. Anyone play the drunk mission yet? Lol
That one almost made me sick just playing it! So realistic. And there is just so much customization and side things to do with the poker and hunting, shopping and clothing, bounties, you can talk to anyone and everyone. Such an interactive game.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Tips I've learned:
You can kick wolves away when on the ground and on horse. Circle/square buttons on PS4. Nearly imperative tactic.
If somene steals your horse, immediately whistle for it as they start to ride away. Horse will rear and dump the thief.
You can stomp on small critters and snakes, same buttons as kicking
There is a death penalty in the form of a % of your money. The more often you die from fighting within an hour, the higher the tax, up to 30%. So, don't cash in yopur valuables until you actually need the money. This is especially true for gold bars.

If you're carrying a legendary pelt and/or several perfect pelts... bad shit is coming to find you. We've only been able to make it to butcher with 3 of 7 legendary pelts. Cougars, wolves, O'Driscolls, con men, running into a lawman by accident and pissing him off... something bad is coming.

I haven't played it yet. I am just not a big open world type of game player. I get bored with all the constant running back and forth to different people doing missions for them. I use to like them, but not so much anymore. Games like Skyrim, GTA, RDR, etc. get boring fast. You wouldn't think it would but it just does for me. I prefer games that are more straightforward where you clear an area and you are done with it and on to the next place. Mostly just play fps games these days.

Bought this today for the kids. I’ve spent 2 hours trying to clear storage space to download the damn game I bought for $50.

Why in the world do I need storage space for a game I have a disc for?

Christ!

Reactions: JayLookinUp
Bought this today for the kids. I’ve spent 2 hours trying to clear storage space to download the damn game I bought for $50.

Why in the world do I need storage space for a game I have a disc for?

Christ!

If you like enormous loading times constantly happening while playing then running straight off a disc is for you. It is just much better to play the game straight from the hard drive. Especially with all of the updates to games and downloadable content and that is why they likely require you to download games now. If the XBox had to constantly read information back and forth from the disc and the hard drive it just ruins the flow of the game.

You're better off buying a 1 TB external hard drive so you don't constantly have to delete old games to make room. If you have the money for it, an SSD would probably be much better to play games on but they cost substantially more. For instance, a 1 TB external SSD is over $200, but 1 TB external HD is like $50. I thought about getting a smaller SSD that is like 120 GB and use it for a game or two that I play all the time.

Yep had to eventually delete 4 games that I should be able to download again later when I get a memory external drive.

Is the PSVue the same way? Was already considering this for Xmas anyway.

I wouldn't think the PSVue would use much storage space so I doubt that would cause much of an issue if that is what you are talking about. I don't have any experience with the PS4 though. I know games that you get free on XBox can be redownloaded later if you keep your subscription active. You can also download purchased games again anytime. At least on the XBox. I'm sure the PS4 is the same.

Well I can’t wait to get the hang of this game. We all took 2 turns and none of us got past the first scene shootout.

Should be a learning experience

If you're carrying a legendary pelt and/or several perfect pelts... bad shit is coming to find you. We've only been able to make it to butcher with 3 of 7 legendary pelts. Cougars, wolves, O'Driscolls, con men, running into a lawman by accident and pissing him off... something bad is coming.

Had a legendary pelt and suddenly had wolves attacking from the south which scared my horse and she bucked me off. Then bounty hunters came from the north and lawmen from the west...

Don’t want to leave you in suspense... I died.

Yep had to eventually delete 4 games that I should be able to download again later when I get a memory external drive.

I have PSVue. Takes up ~433 MB of space. It’s worked well for us so far.

By the way, make sure you have your PS4 updated before getting an external hard drive. I was just doing some research and it said you have to be using at least firmware 4.50 or above for the system to work with the drives. Also make sure you get an external hard drive that supports USB 3.0, which likely all newer ones will.

I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1 TB external hard drive for my XBox and it has worked great for me. The regular My Passport only costs like $55 on Amazon right now. Mine is in the $60-$70 range. Depending on if you get the newer version or the previous one.

Forgot to save game before I went after the Arabian. Was in the process of calming it, about 6 feet away and about to mount....3 wolves who will now be known as Barrett, Zion, and Reddish come out of nowhere and rip her apart. Didn’t even have time to react. (Horse will not reappear if it dies or is scared away and you can’t find it)

Reactions: BigBlueRick
Forgot to save game before I went after the Arabian. Was in the process of calming it, about 6 feet away and about to mount....3 wolves who will now be known as Barrett, Zion, and Reddish come out of nowhere and rip her apart. Didn’t even have time to react. (Horse will not reappear if it dies or is scared away and you can’t find it)
Damn. Wolves do not play.

Just downloaded/installed it last night, but haven't had a chance to play yet. RDR is my favorite PS4 game of all time, so I can't wait to get going on RDR2. Like many of us, I don't have the time to devote to games like I used to, but I'm going to do my best to do this one justice. I love open world games like this, Assassin's Creed, GTA, etc. The only one I couldn't really get into, for whatever reason, was The Witcher 3. Should've been the perfect game for me, but nope.

Reactions: JStaff2187
I have a question about the old ps3 game GTA3 or whatever . It starts me off in a abank robbery scenario. Is there a way to bi pass that and just fk shit up and steal cars ?

Just downloaded/installed it last night, but haven't had a chance to play yet. RDR is my favorite PS4 game of all time, so I can't wait to get going on RDR2. Like many of us, I don't have the time to devote to games like I used to, but I'm going to do my best to do this one justice. I love open world games like this, Assassin's Creed, GTA, etc. The only one I couldn't really get into, for whatever reason, was The Witcher 3. Should've been the perfect game for me, but nope.

Same here. I loved the Witcher, but I was able to play the first 2 and have some investment in the story.

Loving RDR2.

*SPOILERS BELOW FOR CHAPTER 3 ENDING*

I literally jumped when Sean got shot. For some reason I thought he was the Irish guy in RDR, so I thought he lived. Damn bastard Grays.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
ADVERTISEMENT