ADVERTISEMENT

Rate your belief/ enthusiasm level for tournament

5/10 This team is so unpredictable. If it weren't for the defense, the belief level would be much higher.

Excitement: 7. Would have easily put 10 prior to the SEC Tournament as it looked like they were hitting their stride at the right time. Quickly got punched in the gut after A&M. So I am tempering my expectations but always hoping for the best.

artworks-000643548130-uzbrxr-t500x500.jpg

Isn’t it absolutely amazing that the most popular answer is a “5”. I would put mine at about that at a maximum.
We have 2 lottery picks at guard (neither start as we’ve beat that horse to death) and likely 4 or 5 more guys that will play in the NBA, but the best our enthusiasm can get is a 5.
Cal’s continuous and “definition of insanity“ type failures (we all know exactly how and why we’ll lose when “that game” happens) have left us very little hope for even 3 or 4 wins in a row - much less 6.
A fresh start and new blood in the coaching seat is badly, desperately needed.
I would jump up and down and gladly eat crow if I am proven wrong and we make a final four, but, as most seem to feel, I’d be surprised if not shocked if that happens.

10 and a big ol 10. Guys I’m just feeling really good about this great group of guys and believe we’re going to absolutely crush everyone. 100% was sad and disappointed with the SEC tournament and was hoping to win a couple games, but after hearing what Cal said about it, I just lost all the confidence I had that he was going to win.

Now, I’ve got that feeling that we’re going to come together and play team first basketball. If so, we’re definitely one of the teams that can win this thing and with a couple rolls of the ball, I think we’re due to show out. Of course I have that little guy on my shoulder talking negative but I’m close to smacking the bullstuff out of him. Haha. The truth is I believe we can do it if they play for each other and We can keep Rob from trying to go too crazy. I love that kid and know he could go off for 40 and get us so far ahead we just cruise, I also think he can miss a couple and try so hard to do too much and make some bad decisions as well. Still, glad he’s a Cat and know if he plays within the team he’s one of the best offensive players in the country this season.

I’ve just got a great feeling that everyone is going to play great and win it all this year. Now if I can make it without having another triple bypass I’ll call this a great tournament, took me about 10 months to recover from the first one.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Isn’t it absolutely amazing that the most popular answer is a “5”. I would put mine at about that at a maximum.
We have 2 lottery picks at guard (neither start as we’ve beat that horse to death) and likely 4 or 5 more guys that will play in the NBA, but the best our enthusiasm can get is a 5.
Cal’s continuous and “definition of insanity“ type failures (we all know exactly how and why we’ll lose when “that game” happens) have left us very little hope for even 3 or 4 wins in a row - much less 6.
I would jump up and down and gladly eat crow if I am proven wrong and we make a final four, but, as most seem to feel, I’d be surprised if not shocked if that happens.
"Our" enthusiasm? You mean the 5 people that said 5 or less?

Excited, nervous, cautious, anxious, enthusiastic, hopeful, confident, arrogant.

I'm all of these, all day today.

Belief we win tonight - 9/10.

Belief we win Saturday - 4/10 (Tech) 7/10 (NC State).

I can't go beyond this weekend. Ask me again if/after we win Saturday.

5/10 This team is so unpredictable. If it weren't for the defense, the belief level would be much higher.

Excitement: 7. Would have easily put 10 prior to the SEC Tournament as it looked like they were hitting their stride at the right time. Quickly got punched in the gut after A&M. So I am tempering my expectations but always hoping for the best.
The way we lost to t a m u especially considering the opportunity for revenge was 110% deflating for me.

💯 I firmly agree with every word of this post

Reactions: jrm693
Belief....just like the team has been....a coin flip...5.

Excitement...7. But, that also has to do with my lower overall excitement of college basketball and sports in general.

Man I'm never a downer but I'm at a 2. I think we're gonna have our hands full tonight. I've literally never been this down going into the tournament. We're not gonna be able to rely on our offense only and now you lose and the season is over.

Mine is about 3 maybe even a 2 out of ten. March used to be my favorite time of year, SEC Tourney which Kentucky used to own and then right after winning that, on to the NCAA either a 1 or 2 seed.I was like a child waiting to open my Christmas Presents, Cal has taken that feeling away from me in the second half of his tenure.

My meter is pretty low. When hope is slowly drained from you by being fed on by a narcissistic vampire for years you sleep the day away and try to avoid the light. I’m even kind of meh about our game. Honestly, it’s just basketball but I used to be sooooooo jacked for the ncaa tourney. Just not the same anymore, bc if we lose our coach says “Well, that’s done… now let’s focus on getting these guys ready for their next step!”

He won’t be upset. He will just move on and skip all the way to the bank.

My belief is about a 3. My enthusiasm is about a 2. So together they add up to a 5. If we are just talking about confidence overall about a 2.5

"Our" enthusiasm? You mean the 5 people that said 5 or less?
Believe me, I wish “ours” was only 5 people but it’s not. If you’re not aware by now that Cal has lost probably over 80-90% of the fanbase you’re just not looking. Just scroll through this board, look all over national media and go through all the recent “records” Cal has been setting - all records of futility.

Always jacked for the tournament. Try not to get overly excited about my team but that’s me every season going way back.

Belief is about a 3 for the overall tournament. Probably a solid 7 for tonight. Excitement is always 11. Like most, that TAMU game deflated me something terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT