ADVERTISEMENT

Quickley Over Keldon?

No. Jeez people react to one game too much Hagans had 6 dimes and 1 turnover . That is what a pg is supposed to do. Also he had 6 rebs. His shot was off . It happens. Also Johnson is a SF , Quick is a guard.

I have no problem running a lineup of Hagans, Quickley, Herro, PJ, Reid in the clutch moments...Especially when Keldon gets to forcing things like he's prone to doing.

When we need outside shooting, I like having Quickley and Hagsns on the floor. Quickley is hitting his threes at a very good clip lately.

Stevie, you’re one of the most underrated posters here.

You always have great posts.

Thanks, Kev. You're pretty damn good yourself. I told you we were going to handle Bama. I expect UK to win tomorrow too. I would rather play Tennessee actually. It's hard to beat quality/good teams 3 times in one season..we would have to do that with Miss. State and in back to back games vs. Miss. State and Florida/Auburn. Give me Tennessee. Even the 2012 team barely beat Florida a 3rd time and lost to Vandy who 2012 UK had already beat twice. I want Tennessee, no doubt. Revenge factor and we haven't already beat them twice.

Hagans needs to start taking that little jumper when he gets in the lane. Even if he misses, he'll draw the opposing bigs out and would put our bigs in position for a putback. Him stopping in the paint does absolutely nothing at all.

Reactions: ubtrapper
Thanks, Kev. You're pretty damn good yourself. I told you we were going to handle Bama. I expect UK to win tomorrow too. I would rather play Tennessee actually. It's hard to beat quality/good teams 3 times in one season..we would have to do that with Miss. State and in back to back games vs. Miss. State and Florida/Auburn. Give me Tennessee. Even the 2012 team barely beat Florida a 3rd time and lost to Vandy who 2012 UK had already beat twice. I want Tennessee, no doubt. Revenge factor and we haven't already beat them twice.
Stevie, I love your optimism. I like the way we’re defending now.

The only thing that concerns me is the offensive droughts we have at times.

Stevie, I love your optimism. I like the way we’re defending now.

The only thing that concerns me is the offensive droughts we have at times.

I don't mean to come off as bashing Hagans..I like the kid and I think he'll be great eventually..he plays hard and looks brilliant at times..but it's like playing 4 on 5 (sometimes 4 on 8 if the refs are garbage) on the offensive end. He passes up open shots, makes things a lot harder sometimes, has problems finishing at the rim more times than not, assists in a turnover, etc when he's in the game. Too often too. I'd go with Quickley until it proves to not be beneficial if it ever does.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
KJ had been really good going to the basket. Not sure if the early foul trouble got him out of rhythm, but he has to stop missing 1 footers. Still, a stud, jut not his best game but love seeing Quick, Nick and Baker all give us good minutes. We get that with everyone else and watch out!

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Keldon was horrendous on offense tonight, really a continuation of a trend, but he was stingy on defense. He was a key component to locking down Bama in the opening 10 minutes of the game.

Quickley has been consistently knocking down 3s for the last couple months.

He just makes UK that much tougher to beat and a legitimate title contender.

KJ had been really good going to the basket. Not sure if the early foul trouble got him out of rhythm, but he has to stop missing 1 footers. Still, a stud, jut not his best game but love seeing Quick, Nick and Baker all give us good minutes. We get that with everyone else and watch out!
He appeared upset about something. He was very demonstrative when he got his second but he was complaining or voicing displeasure with players or coaches on the bench. In the second half I again saw him frowning and yelling while going to the bench, at least it sure appeared that way.

He appeared upset about something. He was very demonstrative when he got his second but he was complaining or voicing displeasure with players or coaches on the bench. In the second half I again saw him frowning and yelling while going to the bench, at least it sure appeared that way.
He reached and needlessly fouled 30 feet from the basket. Not smart and he heard it from the coaches. He was frustrated at himself. Can’t take himself out of a game like that and get vocal and outwardly upset. Nobody to blame but himself.

No. Jeez people react to one game too much Hagans had 6 dimes and 1 turnover . That is what a pg is supposed to do. Also he had 6 rebs. His shot was off . It happens. Also Johnson is a SF , Quick is a guard.
Quit using logic, Hagans, Herro Quickley, Baker(he is a good shot) and PJ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

KJ just rebounds too good for his position. That’s one thing Quickley refuses to do. We have 3 of the best rebounding guards in the conference with hagans, Herro and KJ. That’s something Cal values too. I can’t see him taking KJ outta the starting lineup with the D and rebounds he brings.

Quickley > Hagans..that's for damn sure.

Hagans had a 6asst, 6reb and 1to tonight. Quickley cannot run the point like Hagans from distribution standpoint.

When you need offense you turn to IQ, pretty much like Cals doing and that could be with him as an off guard.

As it stands now this season is going to boil down to Herro, PJ and then KJ stepping up...if he doesn't No. 9 isn't happening. We do alot good defensively and rebounding, but those three have to score a combined 50+ a game for UK to win title.

Hagans had a 6asst, 6reb and 1to tonight. Quickley cannot run the point like Hagans from distribution standpoint.

When you need offense you turn to IQ, pretty much like Cals doing and that could be with him as an off guard.

As it stands now this season is going to boil down to Herro, PJ and then KJ stepping up...if he doesn't No. 9 isn't happening. We do alot good defensively and rebounding, but those three have to score a combined 50+ a game for UK to win title.

But how many missed layups, passed up open shots, etc does Hagans have ? Most of his passed up open looks result in a turnover by a teammate because he makes it tougher than it has to be or because he puts them in a tough spot with less than 5 seconds to go on the shot clock or something along those lines.

But how many missed layups, passed up open shots, etc does Hagans have ? Most of his passed up open looks result in a turnover by a teammate because he makes it tougher than it has to be or because he puts them in a tough spot with less than 5 seconds to go on the shot clock or something along those lines.

I'm with you on the passed up shots. In reality they need both of these guys.

IQ has been hot of late, that's for sure.

More like Hagans<quickly. The last 2 games we went on a run when IQ was running then point. Coincidence? I think not! And he’s getting hot at the right time. I don’t agree with taking him over keldon, he’s more of a SF while IQ is a true PG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT