ADVERTISEMENT

35 to 17 FT disparity SEC Home Game

^ This is why you can’t take a damn thing away from the last 10 minutes of the game.
Exactly. We were absolutely blasting them for 30 minutes and the team looked a bit bored. If anything getting the shaft like that should help reinforce playing as hard as you can until the final horn.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
^ This is why you can’t take a damn thing away from the last 10 minutes of the game.

I would agree,

So much of their comeback was fueled by the officiating- and even bigger, they kept running a play where Tchewa would seal the bigs behind and the guard would drive off the ballscreen.

In order to do that, Tchewa needed to be planted in the lane for 8-10 seconds STRAIGHT, every single time, and not a single 3 second call.

Cal called it out after the game, rightfully so. They got 12-16 points off that play, and broke the rules every single time.

Defensive woes aside, this is criminal. Some of you Stat Gurus can you tell us how often this happens in Sec road games where the visiting losing team doubles up FT against the Home Team and a top 10 Home Team at that!

Yeah, that's ****in awful. We did have a lot of T's. Funny part though, is Georgia was intentionally fouling late.

Defensive woes aside, this is criminal. Some of you Stat Gurus can you tell us how often this happens in Sec road games where the visiting losing team doubles up FT against the Home Team and a top 10 Home Team at that!
It was a pretty poorly called game, and if you seen in the second half the shots where we got fouled clearly they waited to see if we missed to call the foul. Like dude if it's a foul call it, doesn't matter if it goes in. Also dude kicking his feet out like Reggie Miller is an offensive foul. And Georgia's big man could've been called on about 15 three seconds in the key violations, man was camped out all game. I know we talk about Doug shows but personally I think he's been pretty fair in recent games. Idk who we had tonight but they sucked

Last year at Thompson Bowling, UK shot 25 free throws and UT shot 10. UK was unranked and they were 5th in the country.

In 2019 at Thompson Bowling, UK shot 29 free throws and UT shot 14.
Last years game in TB arena was 33-26 at Halftime UK ahead. Game was tied with 9 minutes to go. UK shot 5 FT in the last 30 seconds of game because they were ahead and TN was fouling to stay in the game. 2019 last 9 minutes of game KY shot 4 FT from the 9 minute mark to the 5 minute mark. Didn’t shoot another one the rest of the game. Lost by 19 and Ky never got closer that 13 last 9 minutes. Everything looks different when put into context. KY got hosed on FT disparity, if anything when KY was up 28 statistically speaking they should of out shot GA at the FT line because GA was aggressively trying to get back in the game not the other way around. Just another reminder of the in your face bias of SEC. The equivalent would be the KY football game at GA this year when they ran away with the game in the first 3 quarters and the officials started calling holding on GA every play in the 4th quarter to give KY great field position and opportunities to score to get the game within the spread.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Ga. was +13.5 Vegas and Refs know!
This^^^^^^

Watched the game with a friend. He was reading a sports gamblers Twitter all night. The guy was throwing a fit over the calls/no calls. At about the 9-10 to go mark.

Fella said he can see when refs are getting it under the spread and was advising anyone who could get a late bet in to do so on Georgia because the refs would get them under the spread. We were up 25 or so at the time

Last year at Thompson Bowling, UK shot 25 free throws and UT shot 10. UK was unranked and they were 5th in the country.

In 2019 at Thompson Bowling, UK shot 29 free throws and UT shot 14.
To be fair UT plays a physical type of defense. Also, the story is sometimes in the type of offense that each team plays. If one is trying to get into the lane and taking shots at the rim they should draw more fouls than a team that shoots it from outside. For instance Duke shot more 3 point shots than 2 point shots when they played Pitt the other day but shot 3 times as many free throws. If you are relying that heavily on 3 pointers you shouldn't shoot 3 times as many free throws.

To be fair UT plays a physical type of defense. Also, the story is sometimes in the type of offense that each team plays. If one is trying to get into the lane and taking shots at the rim they should draw more fouls than a team that shoots it from outside. For instance Duke shot more 3 point shots than 2 point shots when they played Pitt the other day but shot 3 times as many free throws. If you are relying that heavily on 3 pointers you shouldn't shoot 3 times as many free throws.
The question was about if UK is the only team that being doubled up in free throw attempts at home happens too. The answer is an obvious no. Then another poster said, "I bet that doesn’t happen very much or ever at Thompson Bowling. The most crooked arena in the SEC.", I can go back in the last 9 times we played at TB and see that on 3 occasions UK was doubled up:

2023: 25 to 10
2019: 29 to 14
2016: 21 to 10

Fans get paranoid about their own teams. Every fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them. When, in fact, bad or lopsided officiating happens for and against all teams. Might there be style of play that effects this? Of course, but fact remains, UK isn't the only team that has things like this happen to them.

This^^^^^^

Watched the game with a friend. He was reading a sports gamblers Twitter all night. The guy was throwing a fit over the calls/no calls. At about the 9-10 to go mark.

Fella said he can see when refs are getting it under the spread and was advising anyone who could get a late bet in to do so on Georgia because the refs would get them under the spread. We were up 25 or so at the time
Yep. Posted in the game thread about 5 min into the 2nd half they were trying to move it back to the betting line.

When you track opening and closing lines it becomes really clear how often this happens. Typically it isn’t this drastic and it looks more like “line is 10.5. Team A goes up 14. Couple cheap calls and fewer tries gets it back to 9 and then they let them play….it stretches to 15 again…boom few more timely calls and you’re back to 10 etc.”. It was just drastic bc we blew the game open to near 30 and tripled the spread

The question was about if UK is the only team that being doubled up in free throw attempts at home happens too. The answer is an obvious no. Then another poster said, "I bet that doesn’t happen very much or ever at Thompson Bowling. The most crooked arena in the SEC.", I can go back in the last 9 times we played at TB and see that on 3 occasions UK was doubled up:

2023: 25 to 10
2019: 29 to 14
2016: 21 to 10

Fans get paranoid about their own teams. Every fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them. When, in fact, bad or lopsided officiating happens for and against all teams. Might there be style of play that effects this? Of course, but fact remains, UK isn't the only team that has things like this happen to them.
I don't think anyone really things it only happens to UK and we never are on the positive end of that type of lopsidedness. Style of play can play a huge factor. If one team is shooting 3s off high ball screen over and over and never drives, sure they aren't going to call as many fouls since the opportunity to foul is less.

But if you ACTUALLY WATCHED that UGA game, it wasn't just about FTs, NEARLY EVERY infraction UGA committed was not called. At least 2 travels, at least 1 moving screen, and at least 4-5 3 second calls off the top of my head the last 5 minutes. Not even getting into touch fouls called on UK vs blatant molesting of UK players that weren't called.

Yep. Posted in the game thread about 5 min into the 2nd half they were trying to move it back to the betting line.

When you track opening and closing lines it becomes really clear how often this happens. Typically it isn’t this drastic and it looks more like “line is 10.5. Team A goes up 14. Couple cheap calls and fewer tries gets it back to 9 and then they let them play….it stretches to 15 again…boom few more timely calls and you’re back to 10 etc.”. It was just drastic bc we blew the game open to near 30 and tripled the spread
Yeah, the NBA ref that cheated, Donaghey said that if I recall. Said he didn't try to influence who won, just by how much. Used "judgement calls" to do so. Let them be physical all night, then call a few tick tack fouls here and there.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I'd say that the last election was more likely to have been rigged than for every sec official to get together and systematically screw us. I mean really. The officials have been bad, for a while. Not just this year, but I don't believe in THAT conspiracy. Lol!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT