ADVERTISEMENT

Quade Green Woke Up

5204444527_6dbc01ca9d_z.jpg

This thread is up there sith the bolden thread lol. I just got done reading all of the Syracuse gold andboh half of them are in meltdown mode already. They love the pic of bamba, and green sitting right in front of WWW. They are extremely pissed right now talking about how they recruited him hard for two years and we did for roughly 2 weeks and he may chose ky. If he does, that thread will be locked and any uk fan will receive a perma ban if they dare to go there if he chooses uk lol. If you need a good laugh there is some high quality gold over there lol

I want QG as much as anyone, but let's be classy here and not rub salt in their wound.

“But I’m also a sinner, as we all are. If you come after one of my players, I come after you twice as hard. If you kill one of mine, I burn your village. It’s the Italian in me. I’m not proud of that, but it’s who I am.” John Vincent Calipari

Going to say this doesnt effect Young. Been a few people who have hinted to Young having been ours for a while. I think that is what green needed to see. Is how playing with two flight point guards would look in person going against top flight competition. Other than that why would he need his eyes opened. They will both start and both play as many min as they can. As for young not signing. He is in his hometown in ok and would have to hear it from them all year. Plus he may have been asked to not go public with s commit by us. To help secure Alexander and Green. If green wasn't sure about playing with Young until he saw us play and two point guards playing together very effectively he may have dropped us. I don't think that certain players don't want to play with young but they would prefer that green be their pg hopefully now we can show them that with his shooting young will play the off guard and green lead guard. We actually need another guard for dept even if we sign young. I'm thinking the Lexington kid or a grad transfer.

Sometimes a single event can change perception. Quade saw UK up close and personal, with a potential OAD sitting beside him whispering possibilities into his ears. There's something to be said for being in the right place at the right time to make you change your perception.

DrOt4Qn.gif

He's already agreed to leave the message board for three months if Syracuse doesn't get him. People are now torn on what result they want to see; O13 isn't very well-liked.

Lol. I don't spend much time on other boards but that thread is gold.

Looks to me like he told coaches it would be Kentucky on Wednesday night, and Gerry McNamara has been on his knees begging ever since.

Possibly Green is intentionally sending mixed signals, and that's what Orangeman13 is picking up on.

Not saying he won't don a Cuse hat Saturday night. I have no clue. Just reading the tea leaves.

Reactions: pikespeak1
Lol. I don't spend much time on other boards but that thread is gold.

Looks to me like he told coaches it would be Kentucky on Wednesday night, and Gerry McNamara has been on his knees begging ever since.

Possibly Green is intentionally sending mixed signals, and that's what Orangeman13 is picking up on.

Not saying he won't don a Cuse hat Saturday night. I have no clue. Just reading the tea leaves.

Orangeman supposedly is dating someone on the academic side of things. I think his original certainty was that Quade was in the office figuring out tutoring stuff or something.

I don't know exactly who he is/how he's connected, but he also said that one of the current players texted him confirmation that they've been told Quade is orange.

But as you can tell in the thread, the vast majority don't buy it.

Reactions: Aike
It the LOI is sent, all of this back-and-forth is for nothing and Kentucky likely has the kid locked-in.

If it's signed and dated but not delivered, I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse manages to flip the kid back. Kansas did it in '09 with Xavier Henry when rumors began to swirl that he wanted to join up with Wall and Cousins under Cal. Manning and Self took a late night flight to talk with the Henry family, and by the next day, the kid was back in the Kansas camp.

Time will tell. After the Walker to Miami stuff this week, nothing would surprise me.

It the LOI is sent, all of this back-and-forth is for nothing and Kentucky likely has the kid locked-in.

If it's signed and dated but not delivered, I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse manages to flip the kid back. Kansas did it in '09 with Xavier Henry when rumors began to swirl that he wanted to join up with Wall and Cousins under Cal. Manning and Self took a late night flight to talk with the Henry family, and by the next day, the kid was back in the Kansas camp.

Time will tell. After the Walker to Miami stuff this week, nothing would surprise me.

Yeah, I think this is the scenario that the Syracuse insiders believe is going on. One of the more trusted guys there is saying the staff is scrambling to try to get him back, which obviously wouldn't make sense if the LOI is already sent and delivered.

My guess on Young: he announces for U.K. before the end of the year. This puts him in Kentucky's plans for 2017 while also giving him a way out if one of our guards suffers an injury and has to return for another season, because he won't be able to officially sign until Spring.

Daniels seems confident Young and Green won't be at the same school. I understand the conventional thinking of that, but as has been discussed here, it could easily work.

I wonder if he knows more than the surface level "can't get two five star recruits at one position" stuff.

Daniels seems confident Young and Green won't be at the same school. I understand the conventional thinking of that, but as has been discussed here, it could easily work.

I wonder if he knows more than the surface level "can't get two five star recruits at one position" stuff.

That's not an educated opinion by Daniels. It can and would work. Cal is the master of making players fit in.

The new question is if Young is secure enough to be okay with not being ball dominate at UK.

A lot of people would probably say Fox and Briscoe on the same team would never work .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT