ADVERTISEMENT

Quade Green Woke Up

MSU129

Junior
Dec 15, 2004
Interesting tidbit on KSR from Ben Roberts.

Five-star point guard Quade Green made a surprise trip to Madison Square Garden last night to watch Kentucky play in the Champions Classic, and according to his high school coach, after the Cats’ big win over Michigan State, Green woke up this morning ready to make a decision about his future.

“I think he woke up today and he kind of knows what he wants to do,” Arrigale told Ben Roberts. “I think he’s got some clarity. He has a final five list, but it’s only between two teams. It’s Kentucky and Syracuse. And I think he has some clarity.”

Green won’t announce his decision until Saturday night and while the early signing period officially ends today, schools are allowed to report new signees up to two weeks after it ends. Quade visited Syracuse last week and although the Orange are thought to be the favorite, his presence last night and these quotes today could be very telling.

“I think he knows that the guys at Kentucky aren’t going to be there next year. They’re pretty good,” Arrigale said. “And I think he knows there’s an opportunity there for him to be the next leader of the next group coming in. That’s something that definitely intrigues him, for sure.”

Hmm. For more, head on over to the Herald-Leader.

I'm hopeful but still believe he goes to Cuse. He has been tied to them for a long time.

Really want him in blue/white though

I believe Green has been a strong lean to Syracuse for a long time. That aside, I can see how last night might change his mind in favor of Kentucky. It's 1 thing to read on the internet that Kentucky's guards will be gone next year. It's another thing to sit at courtside and see it for yourself. Also, Bamba sat next to him, and Bamba isn't going to Syracuse. I would not rule out the possibility that Green and Bamba may have both made up their minds in favor of Kentucky last night.

I'm still guessing Cuse but i wouldnt be shocked if its UK with him coming to the game last night... outside shot we could of swayed him maybe?? we'll see.

But when he sends his LOI in....... leaks will come out.. So unless he chooses not to sign until the spring.... we'll catch on for sure within the next day.

how could he not see him self in the role of Fox or Briscoe......controlling the ball & the game
He would not have that same type of freedom @ Syracuse. He would probably start, but their offense
is much more patterned & not as free lance as Cal's

He could also see how to get the ball inside to Bamba

We'll see.

Wouldn't be mad about a class of

Green
Young
Alexander
Washington
Richards
Vanderbilt
Bamba

Plus maybe a grad transfer or JUCO wing. Or there's time for Cal to get involved with someone else. Alexander showed us there's kids out there just waiting for the opportunity.

This class is a long way from finished. Green would be an important step toward solidifying our backcourt, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If you read the above added with his coaches quotes and think he inst coming to UK then there is a good chance you are a troll.

Its recruiting. Lyles and his group actually made UL believe they were getting him the day of his decision.

It could be good for UK or they could be honey d**king us to draw more attention.......

I'd also like to point out that there is a lot of hand wringing about playing two PG's at the same time. But as Kansas is demonstrating this year if both players can score it can work really well. No idea if Green and Young want to play together but they could very successfully.

Sounds promising for sure. He got to watch our 3 guard lineup dismantle a top-15 team while combining for 56 points. And how a team with one star player can struggle.

Hopefully he and Bamba are ready to sign for UK.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Well definitely insinuates UK, we will soon find out whether legitimate or misdirection...

I know syracuse has been leading for some time but thats definitely good news i think for UK to hear. Getting green would be absolutley huge for us. Just watched his mixtape and he has ridiculous handles on the ball

Yeah and name the great Syracuse PG's in the NBA...

Hard to not watch Briscoe, Fox and Monk last night and not want to be in that same scenario...

After reading the entire article, keep in mind this is all speculation, seems like to me he was really torn between the team that has been there the whole time and the team that seems like the best option and waiting for clarity. Seems like that clarity happened last night.

This would create some absolute comedic reading on the Syracuse board. They have been hung up on UK's recruiting since the Noel commitment.
They will be hearing about "bags of cash" here very shortly. I mean he really wanted to live in dirty ass Syracuse with their inferior facilities (yes, our practice facility is much nicer than the Melo Center) and 2-3 zone but he couldnt pass up all that cash.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Worldwide Wes was at the game last night. I hope his realization was a few hundred thousand in cash.

If classes are fake, whores don't make you ineligible, and Kansas can claim imaginary titles, I hope we're doing whatever it takes to land great players. Everyone cries that we are anyway.

What is Green's game? Is he a big explosive slasher? A shooter? Facilitator? Is he a pure PG? Combo?

If everything said in that article is the truth then I don't see how he doesn't pick UK. And as was already said I hope he brings Bamba with him. Those two would lock down another number one recruiting class.

Reactions: Jazzycat
If he makes his decision by picking his nose and having a booger in the shape of the Syracuse logo, I won't even be mad.

If UK were to land Green, it would be stunning considering what I was told by my friend. Hope it happens for you guys but was told that this was signed, sealed, and delivered to Syracuse and only thing left was the official announcement.

Then again, with kids and people around them, maybe they leaked this to see if UK/Cal is really about their word and keep quiet. I'd hope for Green's sake he'd choose UK as it's a better fit, but Cuse has Scoop Jardine (former Neuman Goretti guard) in his ear and really put on fullcourt press to land him 2 weeks ago and then got him to visit last weekend.

Can say this, the '17 class has been interesting in how they go about their business and announce their decisions. Good luck but all I can tell you is that I heard Quade was done for Cuse. And my friend hasn't steered me wrong yet--but always a first time and in this case, know he'd like to be wrong because he's a UK guy.

It's amazing to me that guards aren't lining up to sign with UK. We're going to lose ALL of our guards. There's a ton of PT available. If it takes him going to a UK game to realize that then I'm glad he went because we need to sign 3 more guards, and he'd certainly be welcome.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If UK were to land Green, it would be stunning considering what I was told by my friend. Hope it happens for you guys but was told that this was signed, sealed, and delivered to Syracuse and only thing left was the official announcement.

Then again, with kids and people around them, maybe they leaked this to see if UK/Cal is really about their word and keep quiet. I'd hope for Green's sake he'd choose UK as it's a better fit, but Cuse has Scoop Jardine (former Neuman Goretti guard) in his ear and really put on fullcourt press to land him 2 weeks ago and then got him to visit last weekend.

Can say this, the '17 class has been interesting in how they go about their business and announce their decisions. Good luck but all I can tell you is that I heard Quade was done for Cuse. And my friend hasn't steered me wrong yet--but always a first time and in this case, know he'd like to be wrong because he's a UK guy.
So the silent NLI again?

Quade, start the reactor

Quaidquaidstart+the+reactor+free+mars+_461447833e55d2f51b5aee251c84f495.jpg

I don't know why you go to Syracuse if you don't live in Western NY..

It's not a premier program, they are in the middle of sanctions, their coach is on his way out. And as we've said time and time again.. it's Syracuse, NY.

Worldwide Wes was at the game last night. I hope his realization was a few hundred thousand in cash.

If classes are fake, whores don't make you ineligible, and Kansas can claim imaginary titles, I hope we're doing whatever it takes to land great players. Everyone cries that we are anyway.
I think we blew our recruiting budget on the 46th ranked player in this class. At least according to UF fans.

why would Cal invite him to the game if he had already signed with Cuse and wanted Cal to keep it a secret?
the only reasons would be out of respect for Bamba, or if he had told Cal he had not signed with Cuse
i don't think either is how this has played out

i think he has not signed yet, and could still sign with either school

i know your friend has been right on almost everything, but in this case i think he was misinformed (maybe on purpose)
i do want to give a thanks to you and your friend for the great info you guys have posted

What is Green's game? Is he a big explosive slasher? A shooter? Facilitator? Is he a pure PG? Combo?
He's not a typical Calipari point guard in that he's not super quick or athletic and he's only 6' even I think. But he is more of the classic style point guard. He's pass-first; led the eybl in assists but he's also a very solid shooter.

@Ron Mehico I keep hearing he's in the mold of Ulis. A true Point Guard, where as Young is a score-first point guard.

Personally, I'd rather have the facilitator. And if Green wants to commit to us early, you take him. Green also may bring recruits with him, where as that's not the case with Young.

Honestly.. Give me Green all day. I'd rather get him than Young as of right now.

ADVERTISEMENT