ADVERTISEMENT

Pure Speculation

Jun 2, 2005
Total speculation on my part, but I had wondered about the medical episode/move up to the box by Coen earlier in the year. For some reason, I felt like explanation was unnecessarily vague. Not that we have a “right” to know his medical business, but when someone is vague, it does lead to, well speculation by internet idiots like myself. If any of the smoke is true that Coen is looking elsewhere, wonder if there wasn’t a medical episode and there is more to that story.

Reactions: BlueTick2
I thought the Bears and Titans asked if they could interview Coen, as opposed to him calling them. Yeah, it's a semantic distinction, but it's a meritorious one. No idea about his health concerns.

Reactions: Soupbean
I have not a clue but would wager a guess of too much caffeine and not enough sleep leading to a cardiac scare. Nothing major. Just cut back on the caffeine.
Sounds more like a pain issue to me especially if it distracted him from the game.
Former players can have a lot of chronic pain issues sit in by 38.

I have not a clue but would wager a guess of too much caffeine and not enough sleep leading to a cardiac scare. Nothing major. Just cut back on the caffeine.
He heard how long it takes anyone in the basketball program to recover from so little as a hangnail and panic set in. He wondered, how much of a chance am I taking here?

Reactions: bigbluedon
Total speculation on my part, but I had wondered about the medical episode/move up to the box by Coen earlier in the year. For some reason, I felt like explanation was unnecessarily vague. Not that we have a “right” to know his medical business, but when someone is vague, it does lead to, well speculation by internet idiots like myself. If any of the smoke is true that Coen is looking elsewhere, wonder if there wasn’t a medical episode and there is more to that story.
Why would you say something like that? He had what was described as looked like a heart attack, but was diagnosed as stress related. Moving up to the box was designed to put some distance between him and the high stress levels on the field. He came down, I suspect, because things weren't going as well as he wished.

Last edited:
You're right. You are an internet idiot.

• Wow
Reactions: BigTyrone
While we are speculating on this cold morning. I think the NFL interviews are a courtesy and he has too much respect for NFL head coaches. It's a big honor in his profession to be short listed by them.
I think he stays in Lex.
Excited Reaction Gif GIF by Brett Eldredge

I have no doubt he had an episode. No doubt it was scary and serious. Also very little doubt it was thankfully a panic attack. Mental health is a big issue for folks especially ones that surely sleep so little.

There was interesting vocabulary that followed about moving up to the box to be less stressful and "get away from the noise". Followed by a return to the field later and him describing it as better and he's glad to be back down there. Then add in him losing woody which in guessing he agreed to do.

Now add in him chasing this horrible bears job after leaving the rams to come back. Something just isn't just right. Hopefully it all gets ironed out.

Love conspiracy theories, but Coen's medical event was very very real. He fel unconscious in the football offices and taken by ambulance to the hospital. Stoops was teary eyed talking about it the next few days.
This is what confuses me. CMS has never been accused of not caring for his staff or players. White and others have talked about the family atmosphere. Coen came back because he said he missed that. Then Stoops only fire this season was Coens best friend Woody. Stoops then flirts with A&M. Coen after assuring Stoops he would stick around awhile is interviewing and being mentioned to several other Jobs. People are talking about division within the program, lack of discipline and control. WTH changed so fast? My guess is Woodys firing and Stoops flirting with A&M while Coen is working so hard it caused him a medical issue could be the answer. Coen and Morrow probably knew if they went to A&M the chances of being failures and unemployed in 2 years was the probable outcome. If anyone thinks Elco will last I will bet you good money he won’t. From one big happy family to a cluster$&@k real quick.

He's saying that Coen and Stoops and uk lied about him going to the hospital. I'm being kind.
Yeah, because they are both 100% saints. Never told a lie in their life! Come on man, you would believe anything they told you? Are sports figures somehow above telling little white lies?

the bears have the number 1 pick and most people think Caleb is generational type player. Coen comes from a coaching tree that’s in high demand and if he goes there and has success he’ll be an NFL HC within 2 years. That’s why he’s interested. It’s not a conspiracy lol

I thought the Bears and Titans asked if they could interview Coen, as opposed to him calling them. Yeah, it's a semantic distinction, but it's a meritorious one. No idea about his health concerns.
The Titans don’t even have a head coach. Who would he asking to interview Coen

The Titans thing was IF they hired some guy on the Bengals then MAYBE Coen is someone he would want as his OC

You people are crazy.

the bears have the number 1 pick and most people think Caleb is generational type player. Coen comes from a coaching tree that’s in high demand and if he goes there and has success he’ll be an NFL HC within 2 years. That’s why he’s interested. It’s not a conspiracy lol
Does anyone know whether Coen and Williams knew each other in Los Angeles ??

Williams may have the talent but I almost guarantee he won't make it. Between his ears is going to hold him back a lot.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Does anyone know whether Coen and Williams knew each other in Los Angeles ??

Not sure but currently Caleb Williams is working out with scangerello in preparation for the draft. That was tweeted out a few days ago.

I thought that was interesting

Yeah, because they are both 100% saints. Never told a lie in their life! Come on man, you would believe anything they told you? Are sports figures somehow above telling little white lies?
So, you think Coen specifically thanked the hospital staff and none of this ever happened? And UKHeaith themselves even put out something….i bet they were in on it too. You have issues.

From UK Health:

On Sept. 10, 2023, at approximately 12:40 p.m., University of Kentucky assistant football coach Liam Coen had a medical episode while at work at UK’s football offices on campus. He is currently in good condition at UK Chandler Hospital while doctors and medical personnel continue to monitor him and he is expected to be released Monday. Out of respect for his privacy and that of his family, we will have no additional comment at this time.

None of us know what actually happened n all the speculation is nothing but that-speculation

Yes. Add to it, I expect the gravitational pull from college to NFL to increase significantly. The college FB coach's 365-day work year with recruiting and the challenge of developing 18 year olds was already tough. Now with the transfer portal, you have to constantly re-recruit your players retain them and NIL forces you to be a shadow-agent to line their pockets.

Aside from the obvious monetary benefits, NFL seems to pack less headaches and a more stable group of players.

GBB!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT