ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for my wife request

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
I know most of you dont particularly care for me and thats fine because this goes way beyond our mutual disdain for one another.

My wife of 32 yrs is basically a chain smoker and has been for about 15-20 yrs.

Im talking a pack a day, fortunately Marlboro select which is lighter than the Cowboy killers but still.

I have prayed and prayed til Im, well …Blue in the face and for years and nothing helps.

Im asking you guys who I dont even know to please pray for my wife, she is 54 yrs old and she is a Christian but she is literally killing herself and Im losing hope.

Thank you to those who have enough of a heart to give a rats ass and lift up in prayer to Jesus Christ for my wife.

Thank you and God Bless.

I will pray for your wife, and I will hope you find the strength to keep fighting the fight to help her stop. If we are required to forgive someone "seventy times seven" then I suppose we are called on to try to help them that many times.

Last edited:
I know most of you dont particularly care for me and thats fine because this goes way beyond our mutual disdain for one another.

Im talking a pack a day, fortunately Marlboro select which is lighter than the Cowboy killers but still.

I have prayed and prayed til Im, well …Blue in the face and for years and nothing helps.

Im asking you guys who I dont even know to please pray for my wife, she is 54 yrs old and she is a Christian but she is literally killing herself and Im losing hope.

Thank you to those who have enough of a heart to give a rats ass and lift up in prayer to Jesus Christ for my wife.

Thank you and God Bless.
Will pray for yours if you'll pray for mine . Almost 62, 2 packs a day, a couple pots of coffee. Argue about it more than anything. I hate them , but love her dearly because being my second wife is better to my children and grandchildren than the first one. She's also very good to me😉😉🥰

Thank you and God Bless.

God Bless and prayers sent up from one HH to another.

Nicotine is a vicious drug.

Herro, first off I do like you and your very enthusiastic and optimistic posts no matter what anyone else might tell you. Yes, sometimes you might come off a little too optimistic but I can't fault that. You are one poster I will always read when you start a thread.

Second, I have always hated smoking and what it does to people (never a smoker myself so can't relate to the addiction). I am a Christian and certainly will pray for your wife and yourself. Hoping for the best for you all, my friend.

I will pray for your wife, and I will hope you find the strength to keep fighting the fight to help her stop. If we are supposed to forgive someone "seventy times seven" then I suppose we are called on to try to help them that many times.
Like drugs , nobody can make somebody give up an addiction. Wish it were that easy. My life would be so much happier.

I have been a heavy Dipper and been a heavy drinker “beer” for the last 9 years since I got out of the military. This past Week I got COVID and became very sick. While I was sitting in quarantine on Tuesday I did some soul searching. My doctor called me in Vivitrol in the pill form. With a little bit of that and a whole lot of Jesus Im 4 days clean of alcohol and nicotine. I guess my point is help is out there and I pray she never buys another pack.

Please take her to a smoking cessation treatment program, most hospitals have these now. I was a hardcore smoker until I had Chantix and tobacco cessation support. That was 8 years ago and I haven’t had a puff since
I second the Chantix option. A friend of mine smoked for a good 35 years, tried Chantix 10 or so years ago, and never had another cigarette.

You shouldn’t even have to preface your post in such a way, but, sadly there are some here who go so far as to wish death on other posters & mock those who have already passed. Nobody should take this board so seriously & revel in someone’s misfortunes, simply bc they have differing opinions about our coach & program. I don’t agree with a lot of your takes, but, that’s where it ends. God bless you & I’ll pray for your wife & some peace of mind for you.

Prayers and Blessings, I went cold turkey for my daughter 14 months ago. It was so hard to do, more habit than anything, I was always looking for them, it can be done!!! Prayers, without God you Fail.
And Another thing if you hate because what is said on here, you got a big problem I would say, we are all so passionate about Kentucky, but idiots are weak minded and they do hate, let’s get that wife of yours smoke free, it’s time,

Prayers. My mother is sitting in a hospital right now, can’t breathe. COPD, and it’s very bad. She can’t breathe. She is having severe panic attacks because she literally can’t take a breath and thinks she’s dying every half hour. It’s terrible. I’m praying for you, and your wife.
My grandpa smoked for 50 years. He spent the last 2 years of his life in bed on oxygen unable to catch his breath. Heartbreaking to watch. I’ve probably smoked 10 cigarettes in my life. All while drinking with buddies that were smoking. It just never appealed to me.

Prayers to your family…..let me follow up with a heartwarming story at least. I hope you can make a proposition like I did to make a change.

Growing up I was blessed as an athlete, very fast and athletic. However, at the age of thirteen, I was small 5’2” and 125 pounds. I played soccer for the best team in the state of Kentucky in our age group. We traveled the USA every weekend playing the best teams in America. We fortunately were invited to play in one of the most prestigious soccer tournaments in the country in 1994.

My father and mother both smoked for over (20) years at the time of this tournament coming up. Sitting at the dinner table being forced to finish my broccoli and milk I had an epiphany. I reached my hand out and made a bet with my mom and dad. “If we win this soccer tournament, you guys will stop smoking ok?” My father looks at my mother, a few seconds later they agree….DEAL.

Why did they agree? No way we could beat the best of the best. Well, six games later we win the whole ****ing thing. The best part. All the parents took out their Polaroid & Kodak cameras taking photos of my parents walking to the trash can to dispose of their pack of cigarettes.

Never again did they smoke another cigarette!!!

Thank you and God Bless.
Prayers for both of you, friend.

Thank you and God Bless.
Not a problem. Your wife will certainly be in my prayers.

Thank you and God Bless.
sending prayers with the hopes they are answered

Herros Heroes... You are one of my personal favorite posters. Love the constant optimism, and a pumper like myself can certainly appreciate it.

All the best to your wife and your situation. Never too late for your wife to make a change! I will follow suit with your own constant optimism and hope with you for the best possible outcome!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT