ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for my father-in-law...

IUfanBorden

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
As some of you know, my wifes side of the family are HUGE Cat fans........Her father suffered two strokes a few years back, has been diagnosed with early n=onset dementia....This past week,he fell, breaking his femur, where it meets the hip; very serious injury for anyone, but especially so for someone of his age,and health. Surgery was today,and went well, but a tad more extensive than expected...He's in ICU now, but should be out tomorrow,and possibly released by the weekennd----=but to rehab. Such a great guy, from a wonderful family....

All prayers appreciated, and GO CATS....

Than, you..

As some of you know, my wifes side of the family are HUGE Cat fans........Her father suffered two strokes a few years back, has been diagnosed with early n=onset dementia....This past week,he fell, breaking his femur, where it meets the hip; very serious injury for anyone, but especially so for someone of his age,and health. Surgery was today,and went well, but a tad more extensive than expected...He's in ICU now, but should be out tomorrow,and possibly released by the weekennd----=but to rehab. Such a great guy, from a wonderful family....

Than, you..
Prayers for you and him buddy.

Than, you..
Prayers for your father in law. Get ready for first game Thursday night.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Than, you..
Prayers up.

Than, you..
Prayers for your father in law and wife. The latter years in life are difficult for everyone involved. We all need God's Grace to help us through these times.

Thanks BBN.....He's headed to rehad tomorrow. Docs said that 1/3 people of his age that suffer this injury, rarely ever recover----and ultimately leads to death..

Wow.....

Reactions: JDHoss
Slight delay in his transfer to rehab. Will be going tomorrow----We think. The likelihood of a full recovery just isn't very good....And with two strokes, and early onset dementia, well, I mean....

Went and saw him today...Good spirits. Asked me about the game(s)---UK and IU. Man, I tell ya, I didn't have the heart...His daughter steps in and says, "Dad, we lost,and so did IU."..Now this isn't funny, but well, it sort of was....He goes---"how stupid do you think I am-----How could they both lose, if they played each other...." She was like no dad, they didn't play each other....He just sat there for a few seconds,then goes----"Am I still getting my pudding.....?" 😁

Love the guy, man......

Finally moved to rehab today...Feel sorry the guy. Nurse helping him, I mean man, these people need to know who/what they are dealing with. Trying to weigh him, and by doing so had to move him---he starts yelling in pain....Nurse asked,"whats hurting you...."? Fukin really? She didn't know his femur/hip had been broken----How the **** do you NOT know this?

He asked about dinner, and the nursing assistant tells him,then turns to me and says--"Thats the 4th time he's asked that----is he ok?

Really? I'm like, ummmm, he's had two strokes and has early onset dementia....

WTF? I asked for a supervisor right then and there---and gave them a piece of my mind. Wife and mother in law was like, "Baby you shouldn't have been that 'mean'"---It embarrassed them. Very soft spoken. I was like, no, **** that. Read the chart. You should KNOW what the **** is wrong with your patient...

Anyways----please continue with the prayers...More so for my wifes mom. When we left, she just sat there and was like----"In 52 years, I;ve never been at home w/o him......." So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Catluv
Finally moved to rehab today...Feel sorry the guy. Nurse helping him, I mean man, these people need to know who/what they are dealing with. Trying to weigh him, and by doing so had to move him---he starts yelling in pain....Nurse asked,"whats hurting you...."? Fukin really? She didn't know his femur/hip had been broken----How the **** do you NOT know this?

He asked about dinner, and the nursing assistant tells him,then turns to me and says--"Thats the 4th time he's asked that----is he ok?

Really? I'm like, ummmm, he's had two strokes and has early onset dementia....

WTF? I asked for a supervisor right then and there---and gave them a piece of my mind. Wife and mother in law was like, "Baby you shouldn't have been that 'mean'"---It embarrassed them. Very soft spoken. I was like, no, **** that. Read the chart. You should KNOW what the **** is wrong with your patient...

Anyways----please continue with the prayers...More so for my wifes mom. When we left, she just sat there and was like----"In 52 years, I;ve never been at home w/o him......." So sad.
My step dad broke his hip at 89 years old. He recovered but make sure he gets up and gets his strength. Prayers for his recovery and prayers for your whole family. Make sure he gets his pudding.

My step dad broke his hip at 89 years old. He recovered but make sure he gets up and gets his strength. Prayers for his recovery and prayers for your whole family. Make sure he gets his pudding.
He did recover? GREAT!! I don't know if shis strokes(few years back), and now the dementia play any role? But doc's told us this is a very devastating injury; broken femur at the hip--and that recovery (full) is next to no chance----and that even minimal recovery is 50/50. ALso was told by a friend in the medical field that 1-3 people his age, do not survive.....

But at the end of the day, its in His hands.....

Than you for the response. I will certainly share this with my wife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT