ADVERTISEMENT

Asking for Prayers

BlueWorldOrder

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2004
Most of you know me as BWO or Funchester, the guy who's been bringing you game replays for years. However, today, I come to you not as the guy who brings you replays for guys but as JT, a person facing a challenging chapter in life. I humbly request your heartfelt prayers for my dear uncle, who is grappling with dementia.

Lately, every day has become a poignant struggle as I navigate the complexities of caring for my uncle and supporting my aunt through this difficult journey. Thankfully, the VA hospital has been a beacon of support, shining a light on our path and providing assistance in ways we couldn't have imagined.

In this time of need, I turn to you, my extended BBN family, seeking not only solace for my uncle but also strength for myself and my aunt. I'm asking for the resilience to find peace of mind amidst the daily challenges, the patience to endure difficult moments, and the fortitude to stay mentally strong.

May your collective prayers serve as a source of comfort, enveloping my family in a warm embrace during this trying time. May the support we receive from you guys be a balm to our souls, bringing a sense of calmness and assurance that we are not alone in this journey.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, your prayers, and your kindness. May they create a tapestry of hope and healing for my uncle, my aunt, and all those who walk beside them.

With gratitude and sincerity,

JT (BWO)

Most of you know me as BWO or Funchester, the guy who's been bringing you game replays for years. However, today, I come to you not as the guy who brings you replays for guys but as JT, a person facing a challenging chapter in life. I humbly request your heartfelt prayers for my dear uncle, who is grappling with dementia.

Lately, every day has become a poignant struggle as I navigate the complexities of caring for my uncle and supporting my aunt through this difficult journey. Thankfully, the VA hospital has been a beacon of support, shining a light on our path and providing assistance in ways we couldn't have imagined.

In this time of need, I turn to you, my extended BBN family, seeking not only solace for my uncle but also strength for myself and my aunt. I'm asking for the resilience to find peace of mind amidst the daily challenges, the patience to endure difficult moments, and the fortitude to stay mentally strong.

May your collective prayers serve as a source of comfort, enveloping my family in a warm embrace during this trying time. May the support we receive from you guys be a balm to our souls, bringing a sense of calmness and assurance that we are not alone in this journey.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, your prayers, and your kindness. May they create a tapestry of hope and healing for my uncle, my aunt, and all those who walk beside them.

JT (BWO)
I feel you so close. My wife’s father is in the same position. It’s 24/365 care now and has been for awhile. It’s taken a major toll on all of us not only because of the pain of seeing it destroy him but the hardship of taking care of a person so helpless for so long. It’s the worst disease I’ve seen in person. I pray for you and your family. I hope the lord beings you peace.

I feel you so close. My wife’s father is in the same position. It’s 24/365 care now and has been for awhile. It’s taken a major toll on all of us not only because of the pain of seeing it destroy him but the hardship of taking care of a person so helpless for so long. It’s the worst disease I’ve seen in person. I pray for you and your family. I hope the lord beings you peace.
Praying for you and your family too my brother.

JT (BWO)
Always prayers to my fellow Kentucky Brothers
May God lay his hands on your precious situation and carry you, your aunt and especially your uncle.
Remember:

God is good!
All the time!
I am a witness!
PTL!!

Prayers that God will give you peace and comfort during these difficult times. I understand what you are going through.

My husband had a second stroke in May which worsened his dementia. However, since my husband is 86 and was having some memory problems prior to that, I never gave it a thought that he had dementia and the neurologist told me that the stroke worsened his dementia. Since then, I have quit my job to stay with him 24/7.

My family is out of town so It has been quite an ordeal since I was still working part time, caring for him and the house. As a result, I developed a bleeding ulcer which required hospitalization and 2 pints of blood and one of iron. I am now feeling better and realize that I have to take care of myself if I am going to care for him.
I agree with you about the VA. Dave is able to get over 600 hours to have someone come and sit with him so that I can go to grocery, etc. The lady who comes is absolutely wonderful.

Again I pray for strength for you and your family on this journey.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWorldOrder
Prayers for you and your Aunt. Trying times dealing with dementia. If your Uncle says mean things at you or your aunt don't take them seriously. It is just part of the disease he has and he can not help what he saids or do. Praying for you in Jesus name.
I have experienced the mean things which has brought me to tears. We have been married 58 years.

Prayers up Brother! It's a sad disease. My Uncle went through that. It was very sad to see an adult turn into a child. I'll be thinking and praying for you.

• Love
I have experienced the mean things which has brought me to tears. We have been married 58 years.
My Dad was one of the most loving man you would ever want to know but dementia changed him some as he would yell at Mom. Just remember this that it is a disease and they really do not know what they are saying. Whoever the caregiver is is the one who catches all the worst of it. Prayer for you .

My Dad was one of the most loving man you would ever want to know but dementia changed him some as he would yell at Mom. Just remember this that it is a disease and they really do not know what they are saying. Whoever the caregiver is is the one who catches all the worst of it. Prayer for you .
I am the caregiver so I will catch the worst. The doctor put him on some medication which we hope will slow the progression

I am so sorry for your situation. It can be so frustrating to deal with. I lost a sister to Alzheimer's in 2018, and a brother this past February. Another brother in memory care as we speak. I cannot begin to imagine your pain as the primary caregiver. My prayers are with you. Stay strong. Trust in God

• Love
Prayers for you and your Aunt. Trying times dealing with dementia. If your Uncle says mean things at you or your aunt don't take them seriously. It is just part of the disease he has and he can not help what he saids or do. Praying for you in Jesus name.
Oh yes, ive been talked way down to, even physically assaulted, my aunt as well. We know not to take anything he does personally. We know he's NOT the man he once was. Hes a 78-year-old man in a Toddler mind frame. Throws tantrums all the time. Right now he always asking when we are going HOME when thats where we are.
Prayers to you BWO. You’re an amazing person. If you need anything at all, please let me know. Are you in or near Lex? Is your uncle back in hospital?
Thanks Man, really appreciate it. Definitely will let ya know if I need anything. No, he is not back in the hospital again.. He hasnt been back since he had a bowel obstruction in Feb, only to come back home and bring us both Covid. He was very fortunate to survive that. Im just outside Lexington, Winchester.
Prayers to your wife's father man. Yeah, it's taken a toll on us brother. Right now my uncle is bad, he can communicate a little bit but most of the time it's a lot of jibberish. Telling 3 stories combined, and sometimes mixing up words for other things. We've had to put locks on our doors to keep him inside, now especially its colder. Hide the car key pods and other objects. So many other things he does is grab tons of loose change and pack it around with him. Uncle was officially diagnosed 3 years ago but past two years it has gotten worse. I worry about my aunt mostly because she doesn't have much patience, and she isnt the healthiest person. She could pass before him because of all the stress shes under.
Prayers that God will give you peace and comfort during these difficult times. I understand what you are going through.

My husband had a second stroke in May which worsened his dementia. However, since my husband is 86 and was having some memory problems prior to that, I never gave it a thought that he had dementia and the neurologist told me that the stroke worsened his dementia. Since then, I have quit my job to stay with him 24/7.

My family is out of town so It has been quite an ordeal since I was still working part time, caring for him and the house. As a result, I developed a bleeding ulcer which required hospitalization and 2 pints of blood and one of iron. I am now feeling better and realize that I have to take care of myself if I am going to care for him.
I agree with you about the VA. Dave is able to get over 600 hours to have someone come and sit with him so that I can go to grocery, etc. The lady who comes is absolutely wonderful.

Again I pray for strength for you and your family on this journey.
@CATS1945 My prayers are there for you too. I try to tell his wife. I know you want to care for him as well as I do. If we both get sick were not doing him any favors trying to do it all by ourselves. You should let someone from the VA come and sit with him, even if its just for you. Theyve been married 50 years this past January . She just feels nobody can take care of him like she can. Plus if my uncle gets a lot of visitors he gets agitated and gets mad. Takes it out on us.
I mentioned above we have both been talked to like dogs and only once physically assaulted. Where my Aunt was trying to protect me. Slapped her, and threw me out of my wheelchair.
@westerncat - yeah if you read my replies to others. My uncle nicest guy you'd ever meet, now you've got to be careful with everything you say. My Aunt and I are the only caregivers minus the VA. We Catch the worst of his bad days.

Reactions: westerncat
I am so sorry for your situation. It can be so frustrating to deal with. I lost a sister to Alzheimer's in 2018, and a brother this past February. Another brother in memory care as we speak. I cannot begin to imagine your pain as the primary caregiver. My prayers are with you. Stay strong. Trust in God
Wow your family situation sounds just like my uncle's immediate family. His dad had it, his sister had it and he now has it. Thanks for your prayers, I put all my faith in God to keep me and my aunt strong and healthy to take care of him. Aunt wont put him in a facility until she has no choice, she wants him home and if hes going to pass shed rather it be at home. This disease I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, the same thing with Cancer which runs in my family.

I have taken advantage of the VA regarding ‘respite care’ where someone comes once a week or more if I need them to stay with Dave while I get out to do shopping. It gives me a breather.

Beyond prayers, if you're in Louisville and need anything be glad to help! Caring for family, especially those with a degenerative disease like ALZ or dementia, can be taxing AF. You've helped me keep up with the Cats over past 15 years or however long its been so least I can do is offer up my help for a fellow cat!

JT (BWO)
No one person ever gets dementia. Families get dementia. It doesn’t get better. But I hope peace and comfort are in your family’s future. I can only offer two pieces of advice. First, all you can do is the best you can do. Trying to do more is counterproductive. Second, don’t forget to take care of yourself or your family will have yet another to care for. It’s hard.

@BlueWorldOrder - seriously, if you find yourself needing anything (food, supplies, anything) and can’t leave the house, message me, I’ll bring you whatever you need. I’m not far off. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Thanks, brother, I will let ya know. Sometimes my days get consumed with everyday tasks in helping out with everything. I will let ya know if there's ever a moment when we need an extra hand for something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT