ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Really need your guys prayers

Thanks, everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Its greatly appreciated ... Every day is a challenge and Im fully prepared to take on the challenge. I know its not going to be easy but that's what comes with this condition.

I've got a second thing I hate that robs people of their lives. Cancer and Dementia both run in my family :(
Just lost my dad a couple months ago. He was 89, so not unexpected, but many phone calls in the middle of the night from hospital workers, and dad himself, asking for help, asking for answers, it’s hard. I do pray for you man. Hoping for better days ahead.

I NEVER bring anything personal to the board but lately, I have been dealing with a family member's health issues. Currently, I live with my aunt and uncle. My Uncle has been dealing with early dementia issues that have put a toll on me as well as other members of my immediate family so I have been helping out with everything.

Its been so tough on us that there are times my uncle sometimes doesn't recognize who we are and talks to us in the 3rd person like we are not there.

One thing that really sucked about this Basketball season was the one thing that kept everything normal around here dealing with my uncle. So when it ended early things seemed to take a further downward spiral with his condition.

I just ask for your guy's prayers for me and my family, it's been emotionally tolling on us. close to breaking point at times

Thanks,
BWO
Prayers for you all. God bless you and your family.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWorldOrder
I NEVER bring anything personal to the board but lately, I have been dealing with a family member's health issues. Currently, I live with my aunt and uncle. My Uncle has been dealing with early dementia issues that have put a toll on me as well as other members of my immediate family so I have been helping out with everything.

Its been so tough on us that there are times my uncle sometimes doesn't recognize who we are and talks to us in the 3rd person like we are not there.

One thing that really sucked about this Basketball season was the one thing that kept everything normal around here dealing with my uncle. So when it ended early things seemed to take a further downward spiral with his condition.

I just ask for your guy's prayers for me and my family, it's been emotionally tolling on us. close to breaking point at times

Thanks,
BWO
Dementia is absolutely awful. Dealt with too much of it in my life. My sympathies and prayers for you bud. Hang in there.

Last edited:
  • Love

Thanks,
BWO
Prayers for you buddy. Until you have been a caregiver, you will never understand the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual toll it takes on the person trying to help someone who can't help themselves.

Been there. Got the scars. Pray hard. God's Grace is sufficient. It just doesn't feel like it some times.

This too, shall pass. Try to take care of yourself during this difficult time. Praying for peace and comfort for all involved.

Hang in there.

May His hand be upon your Uncle, your family and you BWO.

My Mom (95) is also suffering with dementia. I thank God that my sister (retired nurse) moved in with her. It has been very difficult for me being so far away - having to experience her decline by FaceTime or phone calls..

Blessings BWO 🙏🏻

AlohaCat

Prayers for you, BWO, and your family.As I have been through some family issues lately, if you ever need to vent, cry, scream or anything, let me know and I'll send you my phone number. Sometimes it helps to just vent to an outsider. Thanks care of yourself.

Thanks,
BWO
Praying for your family. Jesus will help walk you & your family through this.

• Love

Thanks,
BWO
My wife’s father is going thru the same thing. I feel for you as it’s horrible. It is one of the worst afflictions a person can have IMO.

• Love
Again I want to thank everyone who has said prayers and good thoughts towards my family. We all appreciate it very much. I also want to send prayers and good thoughts to the people who understand exactly what we're going through. Never in a million years would I imagine something being so tough. The one thing I can sort of compare it too is watching someone suffer through cancer. You absolutely feel helpless. Trying to be a rock for the family right now, they definitely need a strong presence. Through all of this I am trying to keep up with what's going on with the basketball program from time to time. However it's pretty much insignificant for me to even worry about LOL. I see the threads and the frustrations so for now I'll let you guys worry about that. 😉

Thanks,
BWO
Going through the same thing with my mom so I feel ya. The form of dementia that she has affects her ability to filter anger. I have never heard the lady cuss until this disease started. I have been cussed out, punched, slapped and kicked which is very uncharacteristic of her. Tough thing to go through.

Prayers for you and your family. You seem to have the strength and right attitude to fight through this. You’ve got this ….. and PRAYERS DO WORK. Wish you guys the best.

• Love

Thanks,
BWO
Prayers sent up!🙏🙏🙏

Thanks,
BWO
I’m sorry BWO. My father suffers dementia as well. And would have destroy sessions where he would scream and tear the house apart if he lost something.

Prayers for you.

• Love
I have read your post and watched the games that you worked hard to provide for us through the years and someone doesn't go so far out of their way without being a giving person. The old saying is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It is a terrible thing when bad things happen to good people, but rest assured that you are not forgotten by those of us that "know" you and respect your opinion on this board.
I have lived with an incurable disease for the last 15 years and will do so the rest of my life. It is a real struggle at times for those that interact with someone that lives in their own mind. Just remember to take it easy on yourself and take a break every now and then. Best of wishes to you and yours.

Thanks,
BWO
Prayers for you my, friend.

You're doing a good thing in helping family in their time of need.

Dementia is one of the toughest things we deal with. Just remember them during the good times. They cannot help what is happening to them.

• Love

Thanks,
BWO
I don't pray, but send my positive vibes and thoughts your way. My Mom & Dad passed away in their 80's fully aware of their life. I hope I do the same...

• Love
Again I want to thank everyone who has said prayers and good thoughts towards my family. We all appreciate it very much. I also want to send prayers and good thoughts to the people who understand exactly what we're going through. Never in a million years would I imagine something being so tough. The one thing I can sort of compare it too is watching someone suffer through cancer. You absolutely feel helpless. Trying to be a rock for the family right now, they definitely need a strong presence. Through all of this I am trying to keep up with what's going on with the basketball program from time to time. However it's pretty much insignificant for me to even worry about LOL. I see the threads and the frustrations so for now I'll let you guys worry about that. 😉
It’s all insignificant. You’re doing the right thing. Family comes first.

I have read your post and watched the games that you worked hard to provide for us through the years and someone doesn't go so far out of their way without being a giving person. The old saying is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It is a terrible thing when bad things happen to good people, but rest assured that you are not forgotten by those of us that "know" you and respect your opinion on this board.
I have lived with an incurable disease for the last 15 years and will do so the rest of my life. It is a real struggle at times for those that interact with someone that lives in their own mind. Just remember to take it easy on yourself and take a break every now and then. Best of wishes to you and yours.
You're in my thoughts and prayers. Us BBN brothers and sisters will always stick together through good and bad. Pm me if there is anything I can do or if you want my number to talk, yell, scream or anything. Take care.

Thanks,
BWO
Right there with you, brother. Prayers sent.

• Love
BWO, I'm not a praying man, but you and your family will be in my thoughts each day sir. I can only imagine the stress you must endure, and I admire you for stepping up and helping your family in their time of great need.

I deal with a lot of people every day in my work; some are totally blitzed on hard drugs and want to fight, some are just people who need psychiatric help and some are just plain mean or evil people.

By far the saddest calls I get are those suffering from dementia and and have become violent with their caregiver, or those who have managed to get out of the home and have wandered away, sometimes miles away. It truly is a disease that affects not only the person afflicted, but their family as well.

I sincerely wish you the best my Big Blue brother. You've been a "lifeline" to those of us who sometimes are unable to watch a UK game live, and the Big Blue Nation truly appreciates it.

• Love

Thanks,
BWO
God bless you and your family, brother!

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT