ADVERTISEMENT

Pope on Sources Say at 7 tonight.

Interesting comments from Pope around the 27-minute mark. Talked about a little "fire" they had yesterday that essentially caused him to be focused and I think pushed his appearance on this show back a day to today. I took it as having to follow up with a recruit in a bit of an emergency. He goes on to say to BBN that "everything's fine BBN...we're all good." The talk must have gone well.

And pretty wild comment around the 30-minute mark. He says he has a pending game of chess with a recruit that is for a commitment. What? LOL If he wins, we get the kid and if he loses, the kid chooses another school? Am I hearing that right???

Last edited:
Interesting comments from Pope around the 27-minute mark. Talked about a little "fire" they had yesterday that essentially caused him to be focused and I think pushed his appearance on this show back a day to today. I took it as having to follow up with a recruit in a bit of an emergency. He goes on to say to BBN that "everything's fine BBN...we're all good." The talk must have gone well.

And pretty wild comment around the 30-minute mark. He says he has a pending game of chess with a recruit that is for a commitment. What? LOL If he wins, we get the kid and if he loses, the kid chooses another school? Am I hearing that right???
I think he means he’s in a chess match with another school and coach for a recruit.

Hmmm . There is some scuttlebutt that Wilson may commit to UNC on his visit this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatNC
I'll feel a lot better if Wilson finishes his visit and pope visits him asap afterwards. All this time I though Arkansas was the main competition. Surely watching the unc offense is not as appealing as pope's offense but what do I know.

next weeks thread reads "Magnus Carlsen commits to the University of Kentucky"

I feel for Pope. He looks really tired. I know he had to bust his tail to get this current roster together, but hopefully going forward, he can pace himself so he doesn't burn out. He spoke of working 36 to 40 hours straight. That's not healthy.

I hope he takes a day or two each week to himself and gets some sabbath time in with his family.

This is from Sleepers on Pope's comments. Interesting comments and I tend to agree with them. Think the chess match is with Wilson and it's simply going back and forth over NIL money and he took the UNC visit to try and get more NIL money from us. And maybe that is what caused the "fire" for Pope and he had to consider potentially offering more in NIL to Wilson. And that's part of why Cenac was just on campus too for leverage on our side. Pure speculation but seems possible.

Reactions: chroix

I like this staff, they seem to want the fan base to share in the excitement of recruiting. From the Boom tweets, to the nuggets of info they share. Obviously they have someone who gives out a little information becausw we always seem to know where we stand with most recruits so far, even transfer options. Only like 1-2 we supposedly would get have went elsewhere and I believe that was because of the ridiculous ask(Osobor), or them playing us for more $ like (Lanier).

I like this staff, they seem to want the fan base to share in the excitement of recruiting. From the Boom tweets, to the nuggets of info they share. Obviously they have someone who gives out a little information becausw we always seem to know where we stand with most recruits so far, even transfer options. Only like 1-2 we supposedly would get have went elsewhere and I believe that was because of the ridiculous ask(Osobor), or them playing us for more $ like (Lanier).

Totally. He gets it. We’ve all been craving transparency for years. He seems to be laying it all out for the fans as much as he possibly can.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I feel for Pope. He looks really tired. I know he had to bust his tail to get this current roster together, but hopefully going forward, he can pace himself so he doesn't burn out. He spoke of working 36 to 40 hours straight. That's not healthy.

I hope he takes a day or two each week to himself and gets some sabbath time in with his family.
I honestly think some of that is just the way he looks. He has those sleepy looking eyes. The sabbath is very important though I totally agree.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT