ADVERTISEMENT

Pope on Sources Say at 7 tonight.

Interesting comments from Pope around the 27-minute mark. Talked about a little "fire" they had yesterday that essentially caused him to be focused and I think pushed his appearance on this show back a day to today. I took it as having to follow up with a recruit in a bit of an emergency. He goes on to say to BBN that "everything's fine BBN...we're all good." The talk must have gone well.

And pretty wild comment around the 30-minute mark. He says he has a pending game of chess with a recruit that is for a commitment. What? LOL If he wins, we get the kid and if he loses, the kid chooses another school? Am I hearing that right???

Last edited:
Interesting comments from Pope around the 27-minute mark. Talked about a little "fire" they had yesterday that essentially caused him to be focused and I think pushed his appearance on this show back a day to today. I took it as having to follow up with a recruit in a bit of an emergency. He goes on to say to BBN that "everything's fine BBN...we're all good." The talk must have gone well.

And pretty wild comment around the 30-minute mark. He says he has a pending game of chess with a recruit that is for a commitment. What? LOL If he wins, we get the kid and if he loses, the kid chooses another school? Am I hearing that right???
I think he means he’s in a chess match with another school and coach for a recruit.

Reactions: mcwildcats04

Hmmm . There is some scuttlebutt that Wilson may commit to UNC on his visit this weekend.

Last edited:
I'll feel a lot better if Wilson finishes his visit and pope visits him asap afterwards. All this time I though Arkansas was the main competition. Surely watching the unc offense is not as appealing as pope's offense but what do I know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT