ADVERTISEMENT

Pope’s Deal

This has to be a joke. I’m going to do my best to support Pope - I don’t blame him for any of this - but why in the hell would you at least not get bargain basement pricing on him - why??

He would have no doubt come here for little more than his current salary and you make him one of the highest paid coaches in the game???? Are you sh!tting me?????

Are we sure Mitch isn’t senile?
At least make some of it incentive based on success.

5.5 million!?…to a guy that hasn’t one an ncaa tournament game? What am I missing here? Somebody make it make sense please
It was only a few hours ago UK was going to throw nearly 100 million at Hurley. Let’s be real outside of the last two season Hurley had accomplished nothing significant. If you look at UConn’s success, it’s usually tied to a collective group of players from that region. We may have dodged a bullet on that one. Time will tell. Coaches like Cal, Self, Pitino and Williams had prior track records of success before taking the reins at a blue blood program. I personally think Hurley was just lucky to have a group of really good players that didn’t want to leave the northeast region. He’s still unproven over a long track record. He wasn’t anything special at Rhode Island.

Only way I'll believe a 100 mil offer was extended is if Hurley confirms this himself.
"Sources" have been absolute shit this whole search.
As far as Cal goes, he's definitely came out on top but what can you do when a guy losses to Oakland and then wants to make demands.
I would have told him no on Brad and no on a new practice facility also.
Cal was lucky he wasn't straight up fired. He didn't have a leg to stand on as far as making new demands.
The reports today stated $50 million over 5 years.

Time to Texas A&M this. Hard.
I take this back.

I’m willing to give pope a fair shake. But if he can’t do it, I’m not holding him accountable. I’m holding Mitch directly for the failure.

Kris. Better give Pope a new facility and be an incessant MIL cheerleader for him.

Because if you eff over a former Cat Mitch? BBN won’t forgive you.

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX
i’m generally not for former players as coach but hey, congrats to him. not sure how good we’ll be but you can bet the effort and fundamentals will seem heavenly after cal’s shit show.

the best thing about a former player (with character) coaching imo is that if we aren’t winning enough he’d be the first to say he failed and would bounce.

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX
This has to be a joke. I’m going to do my best to support Pope - I don’t blame him for any of this - but why in the hell would you at least not get bargain basement pricing on him - why??

He would have no doubt come here for little more than his current salary and you make him one of the highest paid coaches in the game???? Are you sh!tting me?????

Are we sure Mitch isn’t senile?
Why do you care how much he is paid?

Exactly! Check it out and see how much individual donors actually donate. Lot’s talk big game but that’s not always the case.
They weren’t donating because they didn’t like cal. That’s the whole point, that’s always been the point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT