ADVERTISEMENT

Pope’s Deal

spongebob squarepants GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderMash
And a few days ago even without calling the ESPN lookout was:

But as of April 8, the only recruit to decommit is Karter Knox, and Kentucky should still attract one of the nation's best coaches to replace Calipari. We shouldn't write off the Wildcats next season just yet. Expect plenty of fluctuation with Kentucky's ranking this offseason.

Projected starting lineup:

Boogie Fland (No. 15 in ESPN 100)
Travis Perry (No. 71 in ESPN 100)
Billy Richmond (No. 39 in ESPN 100)
Jayden Quaintance (No. 14 in ESPN 100)
Zvonimir Ivisic (5.5 PPG)

• Sad
Reactions: Farsight
LOL A $3M+ raise for this?

2015–16Utah Valley12–186–85th
2016–17Utah Valley17–176–85thCBI Semifinals
2017–18Utah Valley23–1110–42ndCBI Quarterfinals
2018–19Utah Valley25–1012–42ndCBI Quarterfinals
Utah Valley:77–56 (.579)34–24 (.586)
2019–20BYU24–813–32ndPostseason not held
2020–21BYU20–710–32ndNCAA Division I Round of 64
2021–22BYU24–119–65thNIT Quarterfinals
2022–23BYU19–157–9T–5th
BYU Cougars (Big 12 Conference) (2023–present)​
2023–24BYU23–1110–8T–5thNCAA Division I Round of 64

Is this the lowest some of yall have felt as a Kentucky fan
I just started watching UK basketball right after Cal's last final four. I have never seen a final four or national championship myself. I would do anything to see either at this point. But I never knew what it was like when Kentucky was the top dog anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: BlueSince92
I'm not mad at this. After missing on our top 2 or 3 candidates, we would have had to wait a week or more for Donovan, and the other guys are just meh. Pope beat Self this season. Hurley was a nobody until last season. Pope may not work out, but he is gonna be much cheaper and if he doesn't work out, we can move on relatively quickly.

Barnhart sticking his neck out. He better hope Pope is it.....it's literally his ass on the line.
It really is. He's tied to Pope, for better or for worse. They're now married at the hip. If he comes out looking like a genius, he will be golden. But if this thing falls flat and Pope doesn't produce, Mitch will never choose a coach for UK again. Write it down.

Is this the lowest some of yall have felt as a Kentucky fan
Yes. Seriously and I hate it because love Pope the player. I had to take a clonipin. I just think we are going to be embarrassed next year. I just can't believe this was allowed to happen after BCG and the lifetime contract.

It really is. He's tied to Pope, for better or for worse. They're now married at the hip. If he comes out looking like a genius, he will be golden. But if this thing falls flat and Pope doesn't produce, Mitch will never choose a coach for UK again. Write it down.
He shouldn’t have been allowed this time to choose the Coach. Absolutely embarrassing. Do we have Booster’s now??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT