ADVERTISEMENT

Poor, poor, IU Basketball

Still the 2nd most valuable program in college basketball which is pretty amazing considering we haven't been elite in over 20 years. Quickly closing in on the #1 position. We also have by far the best in state recruiting of any blue blood. You can be thankful that we had the most incompetent administration in all of college athletics for a long time and hired Davis, Sampson, and Crean. Archie is the real deal though. You'll see soon enough.

Still the 2nd most valuable program in college basketball which is pretty amazing considering we haven't been elite in over 20 years. Quickly closing in on the #1 position. We also have by far the best in state recruiting of any blue blood. You can be thankful that we had the most incompetent administration in all of college athletics for a long time and hired Davis, Sampson, and Crean. Archie is the real deal though. You'll see soon enough.

lol, really?

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

crean_btn.jpg

1 9 8 7

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Lol

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan

Okay...

latest

The above statement on a popcorn box!
Archie may turn out to be better than TC, I just don’t see that as a homerun hire. One more thing, out of curiosity will be above statement be on a popcorn box soon? A down year for us is sweet 16. Printing shirts and passing out rings for Sweet 16 is what IU does! I know it’s hard to admit but IU program is dying a long slow death. Soon to become extinct .

Archie is the real deal though. You'll see soon enough.

LOL. "Real Deals" come in with a swagger and establish a new atmosphere immediately. Excitement follows. Players are noticebly better than they were under the last coach. Championships don't come overnight, but a newly energized program gets some surprising wins and immediately owns its home court.

"Real Deals" do not lose to Ft Wayne and Indiana State by 20 at home, see 4-star recruits regress, stagger to a 16-15 record and get blown out by 14-seeds in the opening round of the conference tournament.

I completely forgot they were in the finals in 2002, until it was mentioned in another thread. They just don't even cross my mind, these days.

2002? Has it been that long? Geez.
Jared Jeffries was a horse for them that night and they couldn't do a thing with Juan Dixon.
Man, time flies.

I think it’s funny how Crean brought them two of their three Big 10 titles over the past 30 years yet they’ve never seen a more incompetent coach and they’re so glad he’s gone. I hope he does well in Athens and they wallow in mediocrity so he can laugh at them.

They have this ridiculous obsession with Bobby Knight is going to be resurrected and coach them again...forgetting he was a mediocre coach his last nine years there

2007 version of this post:
Still the 2nd most valuable program in college basketball which is pretty amazing considering we haven't been elite in over 10 years. Quickly closing in on the #1 position. We also have by far the best in state recruiting of any blue blood. You can be thankful that we had the most incompetent administration in all of college athletics for a long time and promoted Davis. Kelvin is the real deal though. You'll see soon enough.

They have this ridiculous obsession with Bobby Knight is going to be resurrected and coach them again...forgetting he was a mediocre coach his last nine years there
This! They're still in love with that corporal bobby knight brand of basketball.....dude brings ball across mid-court, makes a pass. Then another pass. Then another pass. 8 passes. 9 passes. Quick, somebody set a moving screen. Now then, here's a jump shot by some Hoosier kid from Gas City or such-and-such high school in Indy.......Swish!
And the natives rejoice.
Yeah! We're gonna hang a banner! We play the game the "right way".....

Sickening.

This! They're still in love with that corporal bobby knight brand of basketball.....dude brings ball across mid-court, makes a pass. Then another pass. Then another pass. 8 passes. 9 passes. Quick, somebody set a moving screen. Now then, here's a jump shot by some Hoosier kid from Gas City or such-and-such high school in Indy.......Swish!
And the natives rejoice.

Sickening.
[laughing]

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan

Get your binoculars out. I'm not seeing it. 2nd most valuable, must be open mic night I'm rolling keep it coming.

Did you just really say 2nd most valuable program? I read that a few times to make sure I didn't miss the punch line. You can't even win out in your own state and haven't in years. Even if this was still the 90s that statement wouldn't be accurate. Wasn't Regan the President last time you won a title? Perhaps you have dementia?

I'm sure Ill regret asking this, but who exactly would be the most valuable?

Since their last title in 1987, Indiana has only been to 2 Final Fours. 1992 they lost to Duke in the semi-final, then in 2002 they lost in the championship game to Maryland.

The Big 10 started their conference tournament in 1998, which IU has never won, and the only time they’ve ever played for the championship was in 2001 when they lost to Iowa in the finals. So it’s been 17 years since the Hoosiers have even advanced to the Big 10 Championship game, which again, is the only time they’ve ever made it there.

How in the world have they never won a BIG tourney. Pathetic.

Yes we cower in fear at the great sweat brother number two. Our five star pro's will not know what to do against them.

That 16-15 record suggests that he’s not the real deal, and maybe IU should try beating Fort Wayne before you come over to a UK board pumping your chest about the future greatness of Hoosier basketball.

The IU board looks like the UK board pre-Cal.

The top thread on their board about actual IU basketball is "IU offers JC guard Devante Bandoo"

The rest of the thread just goes on to talk about how stars don't matter and the guy isn't a project. Then you get the old "he's getting looks from other power 5 schools so he must be good."

I feel so bad for them. Especially since they love to talk about "doing things the right way", yet they have been in more trouble with the NCAA than UK during their embarrassing stretch of results.

Reactions: Cindog28

2007 version of this post:
Still the 2nd most valuable program in college basketball which is pretty amazing considering we haven't been elite in over 10 years. Quickly closing in on the #1 position. We also have by far the best in state recruiting of any blue blood. You can be thankful that we had the most incompetent administration in all of college athletics for a long time and promoted Davis. Kelvin is the real deal though. You'll see soon enough.

2009 version of this post:
Still the 2nd most valuable program in college basketball which is pretty amazing considering we haven't been elite in over 15 years. Quickly closing in on the #1 position. We also have by far the best in state recruiting of any blue blood. You can be thankful that we had the most incompetent administration in all of college athletics for a long time and promoted Davis and hired Kelvin. Crean is the real deal though. You'll see soon enough.

Reactions: NKYWildcat
And the natives rejoice.

Sickening.

Post of the year! haha

Reactions: Indyadolph
Fort Wayne says Hi. Iu sucks so bad they are not in the top 3 in the state of Indeeanner.

If Duke hires a former player/Coach K disciple when he finally retires they will be just like IU. They better tell K to shut up when he says hire Capel or Scheyer and get a good coach.

Reactions: TheWyldKat
Did you just really say 2nd most valuable program? I read that a few times to make sure I didn't miss the punch line. You can't even win out in your own state and haven't in years. Even if this was still the 90s that statement wouldn't be accurate. Wasn't Regan the President last time you won a title? Perhaps you have dementia?

I'm sure Ill regret asking this, but who exactly would be the most valuable?
He was referring to a recent Wall Street Journal article that ranked the value of college bball programs. UK was first at $246 million, IU at $234 million, UL $233 million. As an IU fan, I'd say we haven't gotten the return on our investment as far as winning on the court consistently. I would post the link but you have to subscribe to view it.

Let me just say this, a team gets owned two years in a row by Fort Wayne at home Is definitely not a blue blood. I think their fans know that deep down, just have trouble admitting it.

LOL. "Real Deals" come in with a swagger and establish a new atmosphere immediately. Excitement follows. Players are noticebly better than they were under the last coach. Championships don't come overnight, but a newly energized program gets some surprising wins and immediately owns its home court.

"Real Deals" do not lose to Ft Wayne and Indiana State by 20 at home, see 4-star recruits regress, stagger to a 16-15 record and get blown out by 14-seeds in the opening round of the conference tournament.

Little premature id say to be able to claim if he is or isnt the real deal. Miller has had 0 players he has recruited to IU play a single minute for him yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT