ADVERTISEMENT

Someone explain this to me……

TTTblue24

Junior
Feb 1, 2004
Whitesburg, Ky
How do other blue bloods not have the downfall that we have? Like Kansas for example, I know they’ve had a down yr or 2 on occasion but they never seem to go thru what we currently are. Terrible home losses, 10+ loss seasons multiple times in a row, & a non threat for a title run?? I’ve always thought Self was a tremendous coach, I know they’ve been in trouble etc but doesn’t change the fact he can coach and recruit. Is cal that far behind him and others?? Even duke doesn’t seem to be on the spiral we are even after K retiring?? Is he really that bad??

Reactions: Fox2monk
How do other blue bloods not have the downfall that we have? Like Kansas for example, I know they’ve had a down yr or 2 on occasion but they never seem to go thru what we currently are. Terrible home losses, 10+ loss seasons multiple times in a row, & a non threat for a title run?? I’ve always thought Self was a tremendous coach, I know they’ve been in trouble etc but doesn’t change the fact he can coach and recruit. Is cal that far behind him and others?? Even duke doesn’t seem to be on the spiral we are even after K retiring?? Is he really that bad??
For the most part they have coaches who can actually coach and change as the game changes.

Pretty sure I saw that Bill Self had never had below a 4 seed since he’s been at Kansas,

Last edited:

Most coaches look for a good poker hand. Cal is playing go fish and magically hoping for a royal flush. I doubt he could finish a ten piece jig saw puzzle unless the pieces moved for him.

He's not actively trying to recruit a team of players that fit together or suit each other. He's trying to recruit for NBA lottery picks. He's trying to prove he wasn't a crappy NBA coach by stacking up "former players he 'coached'" in the NBA. He's using UK to pay him NIL bragging rights for people he's not developed one bit.

Pretty sure I saw that Bill Self had never had below a 2 seed since he’s been at Kansas,
He’s been a 3 or 4 seed a few times, but never less than that and a majority of time he’s a 1 or 2. His 2nd title in 2022 cemented his legacy. Prior to that, he was kind of in Cal territory in terms of March success

Cal isn't interested in coaching and is holding the program hostage.

He needs to be bought out and Mitch needs to be shown the door. It’s that simple. What’s the collateral damage… we lose Stoops? LOL he has one foot out the door already and is bleeding assistants. And even if he was 100% committed to UK and leading us to 10 wins every year, it still wouldn’t be worth sacrificing our flagship program. Cal was right about one thing… this is a BASKETBALL school. Which is exactly why he needs to be shitcanned, yesterday.

He’s been a 3 or 4 seed a few times, but never less than that and a majority of time he’s a 1 or 2. His 2nd title in 2022 cemented his legacy. Prior to that, he was kind of in Cal territory in terms of March success

I used to hate KU and Self for the blatant cheating. Same with UNC. But you know what? I *WISH* Kentucky had a coach that CARED enough to cheat to win!!! So, more power to those two schools. I can no longer hate them, because if nothing else, their top priority is winning college basketball games.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
LOL, I’m probably just misremembering. I do more of that these days.

EDIT : Yep , you’re right . He has never had below a 4 seed . Still pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Unc has been bad some recently but all the others haven’t, and it all boils down to coaching

Duke went 13 and 11 in covid season. K also failed to take Zion team to title or even final four. Unc has had some down seasons too as you said.

With KU they have had Self, Roy and Larry Brown the last 40 years. UK coaches overall just not as good as them other than Pitino and Cals first 6 years. This results in more consistent overall seasons wins and losses wise IMO.

Both programs have 3 titles and 9 final fours since 1983 though.

This is easy! We don’t have a good tactical coach. He’s at the bottom of the barrel as far as situational coaches go. He consistently snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. It’s incredible to watch. He’s a piss poor bench coach. Anyone that knows what they’re watching can see it.

Their coaches are actually coaching for the school they're employed by.

Cal is coaching for the nba.

That's the difference.

This is easy! We don’t have a good tactical coach. He’s at the bottom of the barrel as far as situational coaches go. He consistently snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. It’s incredible to watch. He’s a piss poor bench coach. Anyone that knows what they’re watching can see it.

Absolutely

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I remember in the 1980’s IU and Georgetown were dominant teams. Of course before my time it was UCLA. So the mighty can and do fall

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT