POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it's unbelievablely dumb and desperate. Literally countless millions of Americans have altered surnames so they're more easy to pronounce or because of the way language changed. I have a basic Irish last name, at some point in time hundreds of years ago they added an extra vowel to be pronounced the way they said it in Ireland, the way ppl kept saying it here, to differentiate from another family, etc.

They all got hard about this bc John Oliver came up with it, a brit, who can't say "water" properly
Indeed. Same with my maternal 5th great grandfather's family, German immigrants.

Surname evolved from Lenz --> Lentz --> Lintz --> etc.

Dude I hate the Democrats. I dunno whether you just haven't been here long enough to see me bagging on them because I spend the majority of my time here swimming against the conservative tide, but Democrats are worthless. They're the same imperialism and capitalism, bombs and bosses, just with rainbows on them. Go back and look at who voted for the Iraq War. It wasn't just Republicans. I was a child at the time and even I knew the geopolitical implications and situation better than those numbskulls. I can go on and on about Democrats, Pride Month, the Deep State; much of the same shit you'd hear out of any redneck's mouth. I live and work every day in deep EKY. My critiques of those things are just from a dialectical materialist leftist position and not from the right.
GY-xZFLWQAAHBAZ

Wrong. SCOTUS has held that constitutional rights apply to people here who aren't citizens. The Constitution gives "persons" rights, as compared to "citizens" when referring to things like voting that only citizens can do. Again, basic civics. How can you be so uninformed on simple topics?
Yes youre right, bc this one hurts you...the government doesn't give rights.

So basic rights, such as the freedom of religion and speech, the right to due process and equal protection under the law apply. But there's caveats because the courts of law run the gamut. Not seeing a judge doesn't mean you aren't getting due process. Just the same as the law states if you've been here less than 2 years you can be deported immediately without a court hearing.

Just the same as right to legal counsel...deportation is civil not criminal. Thus it doesn't apply.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Wrong. SCOTUS has held that constitutional rights apply to people here who aren't citizens. The Constitution gives "persons" rights, as compared to "citizens" when referring to things like voting that only citizens can do. Again, basic civics. How can you be so uninformed on simple topics?
Lots of people who live here LEGALLY aren't citizens. They are here on work visas or through other legal means but aren't nationalized citizens. They are here properly and therefore entitled to services. whereas Illegals aren't here with the proper documentation and therefore should NOT be entitled to benefits.

Lol oh i am aware. Was one of the most absurd decisions in the history of the court. Im also aware the current court would not reach such a result.

CLIMATE CHANGE!!11!!

This is an interesting thread

"The French Broad River (Asheville) is an upstream tributary where flood control dams weren't constructed due to local opposition.

Rather than the devastation of Hurricane Helene on Asheville illustrating the effect of climate change, the success of the flood control dams in other sectors of the Tennessee Valley illustrates the success of the TVA flood control program where it is implemented.

Hurricane Helene did not show the effect of climate change, but what happens to settlements in Tennessee Valley tributaries under "natural" flooding (i.e. where flood control dams have been rejected.)" .....

The only way is to keep water up high with reservoirs. The locals blocked this.

There are many plans in the government to control flooding, but because of opposition from environmental groups, those plans do not get implemented.

Apparently it has happened in the past.

It's amazing the ignorance that reoccurs over time. If you go to the government website, Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service, and look, it will show you this flood that happened in 1916. If you live below that level, you are subject to flooding.

https://water.noaa.gov/gauges/avln7

The river is 1.5 ft higher than record. With all the urbanization and the rerouting of water with the additional homes and possibly a little more rain, that would explain the difference.

Historic Crests​

1.23.10 fton 07-16-1916
2.18.00 fton 06-01-1976
3.15.00 fton 08-01-1952
4.14.55 fton 09-08-2004
5.14.00 fton 04-01-1945

Last edited:
A funny, not so funny story about the USGS gauges on the river. I used their data continually in my former job and was meeting with USGS once and told them that I was disappointed in the data that was often missing after Christmas. I asked why are gauges going out after Christmas so often.

Well, when they gave me the answer I felt like a real dummy. Apparently 13. 14-year-old boys get a 22 or bigger for Christmas. They drive down to the bridge by the river and practice shooting targets. The USGS River gauge makes for a nice target. And since there's so many rednecks here, that damn thing doesn't stand a chance

Funny.... Don't remember Kamala giving an angry riot inducing speech in any of those cities telling those people that she won an election she lost and that they have to "fight like hell" to get their country back.... And to follow her to the state Capitol to make them fix the election results.

She asked for people to donate to bail out criminals who under the false pretenses of protest broke the laws by hurting people and property. Her plea for donations simply encourages violent criminal behavior under the guise of legitimate peaceful protest. She encouraged violence.

No laugh emoji or denial will change that truth, even for the most foolish of simpletons.

She asked for people to donate to bail out criminals who under the false pretenses of protest broke the laws by hurting people and property. Her plea for donations simply encourages violent criminal behavior under guise of legitimate peaceful protest.

No laugh emoji or denial will change that truth, even for the most foolish of simpletons.
She didn't instigate the riots.
She gave zero speeches in front of zero BLM crowds.
She bailed out zero criminals.
She sang zero songs with anyone convicted of a violent crime like beating police officers.

You can't say the same which is why your argument is pure crap and you know it.

Apples to elephant comparison.
These are convicted criminals. Some of which beat the sh** out of Capitol police.
Traitors.

No story before this has illustrated more what the Dems aim of bringing in as many foreigners they can...will do to Americans in times of crisis. We don't have unlimited resources and right now illegals are the most privileged class in America. They commit heinous crimes they get released. They get free housing, free food, benefits. Every federal agency is prioritizing their needs and wants over American citizens.

Plus i guarantee they didn't dredge which is the real issue.

Everyone is boxed in with regulation.

If someone dredges a creek, that creek moves faster. That creek empties into another creek or river. That river into another river and so on.

The thinking is that your dredging or widening of creeks affects everyone down stream. That if you make all of those tributaries efficient, then the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississippi are overwhelmed quicker. On a smaller scale, it's like local zoning calling for retention ponds for new construction.

I own property along both sides of the Ohio River. About five years ago I was informed by the Army Corp of Eng by letter that some county in Northern Kentucky wanted to widen a creek. If I had issue with it, I could come and state my objection at some meeting.

There isn't a happy medium with these people. It's all or nothingall. Just imagine them contacting every land owner from Covington to the Gulf of Mexico to try to get a rise. They've never informed me of any other request upriver since. Either no-one bothers to ask anymore or they don't need my opinion.

The answer was in that tweet above. TVA adding dams and reservoirs ended a lot of heart ache. We rarely see the wild, untamed streams and rivers in the US like we did two weeks ago in WNC. That's some third world shit where there's no plan for runoff.

Hey demo☭rats, why would they do this illegal maneuver???

demo☭rats can't win without fraud. It's how Katie Hobbs was installed as AZ Gov.

You know it, everybody knows it, but you DGAF. Power at any cost!

Pubs are a little more organized this time. Your cheat won't go unchallenged. GFY!

Imagine thinking that the Founders intended to allow an army of invaders the same legal rights as We the People.

Rights are god given.

The Constitution protects people from infringement upon those rights by the US government.

Should illegal aliens enjoy the same protections? No. But, I’d err on the side of limiting what the US government an do to people.

The more concerning thing is a government dead set on flooding the country with illegal aliens.

His son is a POS. That's the face of someone who is essentially non-verbal at this point. The open mouth like that is someone taking their last breaths. anyone who has seen death occur directly understands this, (I was by the side of my dad and two grandparents when they passed) That's a sign of someone who's body is shutting down. Hell, i'm not convinced he was actually alive there.

No... The intelligent MAN doesn't want dumbasses like you flying drones into military helicopter blades and causing downed aircraft in the mountains of NC.

You think a small home drone is going to down a military helicopter in the incredibly unlikely event someone that’s surveying for survivors clips one of the few vehicles Kamabla has sent to help?

I guess maybe if they’re Boeing, but shit. I thought we sent all our old worthless military equipment to Ukraine. You’re telling me we’re still flying choppers that can be downed with $50 drones so we need to let stranded people starve to death?

Reactions: Gators1853
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT