POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So nothing has happened in 2.5 years with one administration except American taxpayer $$$ has been dumped into Ukraine versus another guy that for four years had zero issues on a global scale other than against ISIS and Al Qaeda? LOL what?????

Regardless of my personal opinion, Biden admin has had a high approval for its handling of Ukraine. I actually think we should’ve forced negotiations over a year ago, but the reality of that is that Ukraine will have to cede territories. Most Democrats, even Republicans, don’t agree thst Ukraine should cede anything to an aggressor. So, I don’t think Ukraine wins Trump any votes…probably hurts

Reactions: sambowieshin
Regardless of my personal opinion, Biden admin has had a high approval for its handling of Ukraine. I actually think we should’ve forced negotiations over a year ago, but the reality of that is that Ukraine will have to cede territories. Most Democrats, even Republicans, don’t agree thst Ukraine should cede anything to an aggressor. So, I don’t think Ukraine wins Rrump any votes…probably hurts
They had ostensibly reached a peace agreement and Biden thwarted it. His stated position was that the only acceptable conclusion would be regime change in Russia.

I kinda expected her to suck and Trump to roll her — and he’s not sharp , he can’t think quick enough to make the mods look like idiots .
He is controlling the debate for the most part. He has overridden the beta mod multiple times. She is about to cry lol.

But a previous post nails it: "trump why are you terrible? Harris what is your response to him being terrible"

"trump you called her a woman and we are going to have to fact check you on that. Harris you called him a mass murderer and we support her..."

I could only stomach about 40 minutes. Here's my takeaways:
1. Kamala has done better than I expected (low expectations).
2. Neither candidate is a very good debater. Trump meanders around several different points in almost every response and misses some wide open lies/statements that KH should be hammered on. Most of his answers also focus too much on what HE did, not what benefit the policy had for Americans. Kamala says a lot of words but doesn't really say much except I'm not Trump, she has a plan for all of our problems (none of which Biden/Harris have anything to do with, of course). She is all appearance and no substance. And that nasal voice of hers is a weapon of mass destruction.
3. Trump is a massive exaggerator and stretches the truth/reality quite a bit and quite often. Kamala just flat out lies more than she tells the truth. I'm not believing much of what either of them are saying.
4. Kamala left huge openings for Trump and he completely missed them. She accused him of running up the deficit/debt when Biden/Harris has been the worst in the history of the US and still running $1T additional debt every 100 days. The border bill wouldn't even be a talking point if the current administration hadn't thrown it wide open with EOs the moment Biden took office. The policy flip flops should have been hammered by Trump and he did say she wouldn't follow through but he should have hit her harder with dates she said one thing and then the other.
5. The moderators are somewhat trying to appear fair but they've 'corrected' Trump >>>> times than they have Harris (if they've corrected anything she's said).
6. Both rarely actually answer the question that was posed.
7. To no one's surprise, she brought up 'convicted', 'indicted', 'impeached', 'fine people', 'Russia', 'sexual assault', 'save our democracy', etc. She's a very low-rent Barack Obama with 'hope and change' which, ultimately, meant absolutely nothing, a stuffed shirt of a campaign slogan. She is very much a stuffed shirt of a candidate. Light weight would be giving her too much credit. Sadly, Trump doesn't come across much better.
8. She lied multiple times about abortion. A few states DO allow abortions up to 40 weeks right now. There are physicians who have been indicted for allowing babies to die when an abortion failed (and some accused of actually ending the baby's life). At no time did she ever mention the baby's rights - it's all about the mother's 'healthcare' - when every state defines when a fetus can be considered a viable human being in a murder case. Trump did not hit her hard enough but kept telling everyone what he did, how it got returned to the states, etc. Did not focus on one part of the issue that would hit hardest with voters, imo.

Doubt this debate is the deciding factor for more than 2% of the undecided voters. Both sides will claim they won in a landslide and MSM will gush all over how great KH was, while Fox will say Trump won decisively.

Her answers are 100 percent rehearsed.

Im sure she had the questions ahead of time. We know for sure any time she has to think on her feet its a disaster.

If "doing well" means better than Biden did, then I agree. She HAS done better than Biden.

Make what you will of that...

Based on social media, seems she exceeded expectations. Granted expectations were the ground. No doubt she had the questions. Also sounds like moderators were predictably all in on saving her.

Trump does say stupid shit…he’s in that position because goes off the cuff and says stupid shit. You all blame “rhe media” for the dumb shit he says, but we all know Donald Trump says dumb shit. He contradicts himself constantly…usually because he’s doing a standup routine

Her answers are 100 percent rehearsed.
I think it’s possible she had the questions in advance .
2. Neither candidate is a very good debater. Trump meanders around several different points in almost every response and misses some wide open lies/statements that KH should be hammered on. Most of his answers also focus too much on what HE did, not what benefit the policy had for Americans. Kamala says a lot of words but doesn't really say much except I'm not Trump, she has a plan for all of our problems (none of which Biden/Harris have anything to do with, of course). She is all appearance and no substance. And that nasal voice of hers is a weapon of mass destruction.
3. Trump is a massive exaggerator and stretches the truth/reality quite a bit and quite often. Kamala just flat out lies more than she tells the truth. I'm not believing much of what either of them are saying.
4. Kamala left huge openings for Trump and he completely missed them. She accused him of running up the deficit/debt when Biden/Harris has been the worst in the history of the US and still running $1T additional debt every 100 days. The border bill wouldn't even be a talking point if the current administration hadn't thrown it wide open with EOs the moment Biden took office. The policy flip flops should have been hammered by Trump and he did say she wouldn't follow through but he should have hit her harder with dates she said one thing and then the other.
5. The moderators are somewhat trying to appear fair but they've 'corrected' Trump >>>> times than they have Harris (if they've corrected anything she's said).
7. To no one's surprise, she brought up 'convicted', 'indicted', 'impeached', 'fine people', 'Russia', 'sexual assault', 'save our democracy', etc. She's a very low-rent Barack Obama with 'hope and change' which, ultimately, meant absolutely nothing, a stuffed shirt of a campaign slogan. She is very much a stuffed shirt of a candidate. Light weight would be giving her too much credit. Sadly, Trump doesn't come across much better.
8. She lied multiple times about abortion. A few states DO allow abortions up to 40 weeks right now. There are physicians who have been indicted for allowing babies to die when an abortion failed (and some accused of actually ending the baby's life). At no time did she ever mention the baby's rights - it's all about the mother's 'healthcare' - when every state defines when a fetus can be considered a viable human being in a murder case. Trump did not hit her hard enough but kept telling everyone what he did, how it got returned to the states, etc. Did not focus on one part of the issue that would hit hardest with voters, imo.

Doubt this debate is the deciding factor for more than 2% of the undecided voters. Both sides will claim they won in a landslide and MSM will gush all over how great KH was, while Fox will say Trump won decisively.
Very good recap so far

They have not corrected her once.

She wanted a mandatory gun buy back program. No fact check from HER mods, her teammates.

Last edited:
Here's the bottom line. Kamala may have done better than people expected, although, I'm not ACTUALLY sure what that means. I suppose that means that she was able to complete sentences.

Trump has managed to point out President Harris' poor record without falling into the trap and going down some kooky rabbit hole.

His record is exponentially better than Harris' and everyone knows that, but he hammered it home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT