POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never had it, and a very good chance I never will. My menu road is very narrow at best. I jokingly tell my wife all the time, let's raise our on beef and pork, only to get a very snappy quick reply, "we don't need them as pet's". She is very right, no way could I slaughter something to eat or catch a fish to eat. Reckon I would have starved to death if I lived in the old days or raised on a farm. I know that sounds effed up but that's just me.

At least you know who you are. "A man's got to know his limitations..."

I think we all wish we lived in a world we could discuss immigration policy reasonably.

But we don’t.

So the meme wars continue.

Same bullshit with “tax cuts for the rich.” Some of us would love to discuss actual tax policy, but that’s not the world we live in.

Imagine if we just left the bullshtters (who have what they have because of capitalism) out of the conversation! That's where it needs to start and end. Reasoning is not found on the left nor with their sympathetic RINOs and CINOs. If it was up to them, America would never have been exceptional much less settled.

Reactions: blubo
she won’t be allowed to fail. all the lib women and soybois will have nothing but 😍😍 in their eyes for her no matter how she debates.
she’s going to remain strong with her base just as trump will with his.
can’t see tonight moving the needle much for either.

The only way she gets more votes from this point forward is to pay chinese overtime to print them

9314t4.jpg

Where's staincandy and his laughing emoji for this one? Must have fractured a wrist watching CNN or listening to ABC news

Di
Question for the board, how comfortable would you be letting someone with the values of Dion, Sam or KAB babysit your children or grandchildren?
Dion would become a squatter once I got back home and would refuse to leave. Probably try to add himself onto my bank and investment accounts while he is at it.

Rarely talk politics in every day life anymore, one reason is I am amazed how people either know absolutely nothing you are talking about or they watched a two minute segment on CNN about it and heard it was all made up.

I mentioned the 20, 000 Haitians that were put in Springfield, Ohio and how devastating that must be for one city to deal with. You would thought I said the moon was made of cheese. They one hundred percent thought I made it up haha

Rarely talk politics in every day life anymore, one reason is I am amazed how people either know absolutely nothing you are talking about or they watched a two minute segment on CNN about it and heard it was all made up.

I mentioned the 20, 000 Haitians that were put in Springfield, Ohio and how devastating that must be for one city to deal with. You would thought I said the moon was made of cheese. They one hundred percent thought I made it up haha
The left counts on a legion of ignorant, poorly informed fools in this country. I am convinced if enough people were truly paying attention and practicing at least a little critical thinking, the political landscape would look entirely different.

What's Going On in Springfield

Something extraordinary has happened in Springfield since the pandemic though, with the influx of thousands of Haitian immigrants. The actual number is hard to pin down. City officials have estimated up to 20,000, but estimates of 10,000 and 15,000 have also been made.

The New York Times reported last week, “By most accounts, the Haitians have helped revitalize Springfield. They are assembling car engines at Honda, running vegetable-packing machines at Dole and loading boxes at distribution centers. They are paying taxes on their wages and spending money at Walmart. On Sundays they gather at churches for boisterous, joyful services in Haitian Creole.

“But the speed and volume of arrivals have put pressure on housing, schools and hospitals. The community health clinic saw a 13-fold increase in Haitian patients between 2021 and 2023, from 115 to 1,500, overwhelming its staff and budget.”

The Times details how, after decades of shrinking and uncertainty, Springfield was able to attract new manufacturing and business with a strategic plan, and by 2020 had drawn in food-service firms, logistics companies, and a microchip maker, among others:

“But soon there were not enough workers. Many young, working-age people had descended into addiction. Others shunned entry-level, rote work altogether, employers said. Haitians who heard that the Springfield area boasted well-paying, blue-collar jobs and a low cost of living poured in, and employers were eager to hire and train the new work force. The Haitians had Social Security numbers and work permits, thanks to a federal program that offered them temporary protection in the United States. Some had been living for years in places like Florida, where there is a thriving Haitian community.”

So what, in fact, do we have going on here?

We have a large population increase over a short period of time; we have a language barrier that can cause various strains; we have housing, schooling, and health services that need adequate resources to deal with a massive and rapid adjustment.

We also have an eager, dutiful, law-abiding, and peaceful workforce helping revitalize a city and helping local businesses thrive; we have a city’s population swelling instead of declining; we have an influx of new taxpayers and consumers filling blue-collar jobs, paying property taxes, shopping at local stores, and contributing to their community.

Are there struggles? Absolutely.

Is it chaos and terror? Absolutely not.
The truth about what’s going on in Springfield is probably somewhere between the sh!thole that is portrayed on right-wing X accounts and the relative utopia you and the NYT are trying to portray.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT