POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a perversion of our Constitution. You like it despite that, because it benefits you personally. All while claiming to have the Founders' intent in mind. You don't. You have yours. You don't care about the Constitution, the will of the Founders, or the will of the American people that the filibuster flouts. If you're going to be a selfish prick, just embrace it. Don't hide behind our Founders who'd spit on you and slap you upside the head with the Constitution they wrote.
Our founders would have strung you up and hung you from the nearest tree, commie.

But it's a reoccurring them with democrats...they ALWAYS want to change rules and norms....until the change doesn't work.

They hate the filibuster, then they hate it. They want to pack the Supreme court unless unless a R is in office, they want a simple majority unless they're the minority, etc etc.

Republicans dont grandstand about such things

You new to politics?

I just can't imagine spending this much time on a political board, if it's mostly against my beliefs. What's the point? It would be like a UofL fan who just continues to post on a UK forum. That literally cant be good for your mental state, to wake up every day and treat this forum like your 9-5 job, constantly arguing a topic that you're just so severely outnumbered on (regardless of who is right or wrong), getting absolutely no where, and getting frustrated at every turn. (I mean, this guy is a liberal and just made fun of another poster for sucking cock? lol)

I don't know how you do it Dion.. There's zero chance this thread doesn't go home with you to your family..

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
Man, I sure wish I could suck the CEO's cock. Maybe then he'd let me pick up his dry cleaning for him! Oh, what a world that would be...

- Bill Cosby

Peak rapist.

lol I struck a nerve

I just know him and all his purple haired friends were sitting around bitching about their new CEO’s pay package even after the market valued him at like $27 billion.

Here is maher admitting hes voting Kamala no matter what but its concerning she wont take questions. Tarantino agrees except saying sge shouldn't take questions because it hurts her chances to win.

I know at times maher comes across as moderate and actually is one but that is never how hes going to vote. Tons of jews and elites will be in the same boat. They know shes terrible and awful but will vote dem regardless.

Here is maher admitting hes voting Kamala no matter what but its concerning she wont take questions. Tarantino agrees except saying sge shouldn't take questions because it hurts her chances to win.

I know at times maher comes across as moderate and actually is one but that is never how hes going to vote. Tons of jews and elites will be in the same boat. They know shes terrible and awful but will vote dem regardless.

THere's a chasm between being genuinely open-minded and what the left thinks open-mindedness is.

I just can't imagine spending this much time on a political board, if it's mostly against me beliefs. What's the point? It would be like a UofL fan who just continues to post on a UK forum. That literally cant be good for your mental state, to wake up every day and treat this forum like your 9-5 job, constantly arguing a topic that you're just so severely outnumbered on (regardless of who is right or wrong).

I don't know how you do it Dion.. There's zero chance this thread doesn't go home with you to your family..
What’s the point in a masturbatory echo chamber? If your ideas are solid they’ll stand up to rigorous scrutiny. And if they aren’t/don’t you shouldn’t hold them.

You compared politics to UK/UL. It’s a perfect example and a horrible one at the same time. Perfect in that’s exactly how people around here treat it. We’re literally on a sports forum. And horrible in that it should NEVER be seen that way. Politics should always be about what’s best for the people. Not us vs them. There is no them. Only us. Our founding principles matter, and brushing them aside in favor of the artificial high of team sports is not just sad but reprehensible and abhorrent.

I just can't imagine spending this much time on a political board, if it's mostly against me beliefs. What's the point? It would be like a UofL fan who just continues to post on a UK forum. That literally cant be good for your mental state, to wake up every day and treat this forum like your 9-5 job, constantly arguing a topic that you're just so severely outnumbered on (regardless of who is right or wrong), getting absolutely no where, and getting frustrated at every turn. (I mean, this guy is a liberal and just made fun of another poster for sucking cock? lol)

I see it as an outlet to express frustration with our current government corruption. I've learned that this board is a lot more enjoyable for myself if I block those posters that are pro McConnell/Pelosi establishment admirers. I get no joy from arguing with them but others like the back and forth banter.

lol I struck a nerve

I just know him and all his purple haired friends were sitting around bitching about their new CEO’s pay package even after the market valued him at like $27 billion.
Keep sucking off the bosses, they’ll trickle down on you one of these days. Surely…

He'll have to debate the moderators and without a doubt they'll give Kamala all the debate questions weeks beforehand for debate prep. Trump is walking into a trap.
giphy.gif

But it's a reoccurring them with democrats...they ALWAYS want to change rules and norms....until the change doesn't work.

They hate the filibuster, then they hate it. They want to pack the Supreme court unless unless a R is in office, they want a simple majority unless they're the minority, etc etc.

Republicans dont grandstand about such things
L A Y O F F T H E D R U G S

I have people like that in my on family. Their values are aligned with Republicans but their families have voted Dem for generations and they'll crawl threw glass to cast their vote for whatever Dem is on the ticket it makes no difference who it is.

Last edited:
But where's the affectation coming from? Who're you trying to imitate? I can see a few possibilities, and all of them are horribly offensive.
LOL, coming from someone who routinely mocks "hillbillies and rednecks" and peoples intelligence levels based on how they write on here.

I'm imitating nobody and everyone of the morons who spout that at the same time. It's no individual in particular. Just written to purposely sound like something a doofus NPC sheep would say.

I just can't imagine spending this much time on a political board, if it's mostly against my beliefs. What's the point? It would be like a UofL fan who just continues to post on a UK forum. That literally cant be good for your mental state, to wake up every day and treat this forum like your 9-5 job, constantly arguing a topic that you're just so severely outnumbered on (regardless of who is right or wrong), getting absolutely no where, and getting frustrated at every turn. (I mean, this guy is a liberal and just made fun of another poster for sucking cock? lol)

If you are a commie you are not in a good mental state to begin with.

All the times he's bashed Democrats for anti-Semitism and he's STILL voting Democrat? That's insane. Doesn't surprise me but I do NOT understand how anyone would vote for someone/some party that openly despises your existence. All the economic and social policies don't mean squat if you're dead. How does any rational person get past that little sticking point? He's made fun of the 'woke' mindset, the obsession with LGBTQ+ agenda, how Dems have taken some issues way too far AND been very outspoken about the rampant hate of Israel/Jews and he's STILL gonna pull the lever for Kamala. That's like volunteering to be first in the gas chamber to make sure it still works efficiently.

What’s the point in a masturbatory echo chamber? If your ideas are solid they’ll stand up to rigorous scrutiny. And if they aren’t/don’t you shouldn’t hold them.

You compared politics to UK/UL. It’s a perfect example and a horrible one at the same time. Perfect in that’s exactly how people around here treat it. We’re literally on a sports forum. And horrible in that it should NEVER be seen that way. Politics should always be about what’s best for the people. Not us vs them. There is no them. Only us. Our founding principles matter, and brushing them aside in favor of the artificial high of team sports is not just sad but reprehensible and abhorrent.

Because the vast majority here are like minded. They come here and chat about things they agree about. Whether that's an echo-chamber or not is irrelevant: it's a positive experience.

But for you, to be constantly embroiled with dozens of posters at any given time, it just can't be good for your mental health, no matter how much you're about to insinuate the opposite. I would hate to be in a forum of people whose views are in direct conflict with mine. It's just constant negativity.

Unfortunately, while this may be a "political forum" that presents itself as a "for everyone" format, the fact remains that it's 90% conservative. So to see you spend hours a day here fighting with everyone, almost like it's your duty.. it can't be good. Every day, clock in at 9am, constant conflict for hours on end, clock out at 8pm? Maybe never? That's a shit ton of negativity. Same would go if one of us went to a liberal-leaning forum. Uphill battle, you're not swaying anyone, and you're treated like the village idiot. I couldn't do it fot more than a day.

I’ve actually never mentioned Kamala once. Don’t project your cult of personality on me. You people go to great lengths to normalize every odd behavior of MAGA
Oh Really?

Well, this is awkward.

You mistake my political preferences with analysis.

JD Vance being a liability for Donald Trump is fact. It's a questionable move that will cost him votes. I will be very transparent and say it's very unlikely I vote for Trump regardless of his VP, but despite that unlikeliness I cast a vote for Trump (who I believe was a terrible President), the bigger question is if I vote for Kamala Harris.

Because many of you are binary partisans, you can't comprehend that vehement criticism of Donald Trump andthe GOP is not equal to vehement support of the DNC. You simply aren't going to get it.

I am an independent voter. Libertarian in nature. But I think political labels are just a method of giving up freedom of thought. That's exactly what I think. There are no games.

TrUmP is NoT a PuSSY, he’s just afraid to debate Kamala Harris

Have no one to blame but MAGA Republicans for Kamala Harris. A truth that’s hard to grapple with.

Kamala Harris is probably going to be the next President. And the reason for that is that weird MAGA Republicans selected a felon with the most checkered past of any President in history. Literally the whole country understands that except them.

I'm imitating nobody and everyone of the morons who spout that at the same time. It's no individual in particular. Just written to purposely sound like something a doofus NPC sheep would say.
But you didn't just type something someone would say. You intentionally misspelled words to convey a speaking style. Whose? You don't want to say because you realize it now that you've been called out on it. It's just so much a part of your rhetoric you can't help it.

Our founders would have strung you up and hung you from the nearest tree, commie.
Since the filibuster isn't a constitutional issue, I don't understand the argument.

It's been several years ago, now since I read it, so the exact number probably has changed, but at the time, an article pointed out that with the filibuster 11% of the country could veto change.

I keep asking for a unicameral legislature based on population + a direct election of the president. If the people want you to wield power, you wield power. If you screwed up, you'd get tossed. Easy-peasy. Every X years we'd see which politician was "far left" or "far right". Who could ask for anything more?

Reactions: Dionysus444
See how they slid the term "first generation homebuyer" in there? That, of course, means you aren't eligible if your parents ever bought a home. This should be sent to every single young person out there that's having trouble getting their first home.

How could any of your Liberals vote for people that do this kind of thing? F-sticks.

• Angry
Reactions: blubo
Again, who are you making fun of? Almost every answer is bigoted af.
Bigoted towards who? You obviously have someone or a group of people in mind that you see in your brain when you read that. Yet you have no problems at all being bigoted AF towards "hillbillies and rednecks", southerners in general and especially Christians.

Because the vast majority here are like minded. They come here and chat about things they agree about. Whether that's an echo-chamber or not is irrelevant: it's a positive experience.

But for you, to be constantly embroiled with dozens of posters at any given time, it just can't be good for your mental health, no matter how much you're about to insinuate the opposite. I would hate to be in a forum of people whose views are in direct conflict with mine. It's just constant negativity.

Unfortunately, while this may be a "political forum" that presents itself as a "for everyone" format, the fact remains that it's 90% conservative. So to see you spend hours a day here fighting with everyone, almost like it's your duty.. it can't be good. Every day, clock in at 9am, constant conflict for hours on end, clock out at 8pm? Maybe never? That's a shit ton of negativity. Same would go if one of us went to a liberal-leaning forum. Uphill battle, you're not swaying anyone, and you're treated like the village idiot. I couldn't do it fot more than a day.
What can I say, I guess I'm just not as weak as you are. The crusade must be fought, whether you're willing to fight it or not. Our ancestors fought tooth and nail for every single right, freedom, and privilege we enjoy today. We owe it to them to fight for the future generations and not just pull the ladder up behind us.

Bigoted towards who? You obviously have someone or a group of people in mind that you see in your brain when you read that. Yet you have no problems at all being bigoted AF towards "hillbillies and rednecks", southerners in general and especially Christians.
Whomever you were mocking. How about you just tell us who you were imitating?
That sounds bigoted AF. Who are you casting that stereotype upon? What group of people or culture are you aligning him with?
The redneck he is. I have no problem saying that out loud. You act like I should.

• Wow
Reactions: BigBlueDave
What can I say, I guess I'm just not as weak as you are. The crusade must be fought, whether you're willing to fight it or not. Our ancestors fought tooth and nail for every single right, freedom, and privilege we enjoy today. We owe it to them to fight for the future generations and not just pull the ladder up behind us.

I can only imagine the type of Dad (or mom) your kids are getting after you sign off the forums after arguing non stop for 15 hours. I'd be absolutely floored if you had a healthy relationship with family, or anyone really. Good luck.

See how they slid the term "first generation homebuyer" in there? That, of course, means you aren't eligible if your parents ever bought a home. This should be sent to every single young person out there that's having trouble getting their first home.

How could any of your Liberals vote for people that do this kind of thing? F-sticks.

Not that this proposal deserves any legitimate consideration, but just for the sake of the debate, how exactly are we defining “first generation home buyer?” This seems to be a catchy phrase to sell to the masses that is ultimately pretty flimsy in substance.

Reactions: cole854
The RNC should have dumped Ronna McDaniel three years ago and gotten this kind of crap addressed sooner.

I have people like that in my on family. Their values are aligned with Republicans but they're families have voted Dem for generations and they'll crawl threw glass to cast they're vote for whatever Dem is on the ticket it makes no difference who it is.

Same here. In fact most people i know are this way. Literally 90% or more of what they believe is Republican but they vote dem anyway.

All the times he's bashed Democrats for anti-Semitism and he's STILL voting Democrat? That's insane. Doesn't surprise me but I do NOT understand how anyone would vote for someone/some party that openly despises your existence. All the economic and social policies don't mean squat if you're dead. How does any rational person get past that little sticking point? He's made fun of the 'woke' mindset, the obsession with LGBTQ+ agenda, how Dems have taken some issues way too far AND been very outspoken about the rampant hate of Israel/Jews and he's STILL gonna pull the lever for Kamala. That's like volunteering to be first in the gas chamber to make sure it still works efficiently.

I agree. It makes zero sense. Theyre literally siding with people who support a nation and religion who openly wants to genocide your people off the earth. Yet youll vote for it anyway?

Says the poster who spends all his time talking about inc*st and r*pe.
"In his blistering, insightful account of his time in the Trump White House, McMaster describes meetings in the Oval Office as “exercises in competitive sycophancy” during which Trump’s advisers would flatter the president by saying stuff like, “Your instincts are always right” or, “No one has ever been treated so badly by the press.” Meanwhile, Trump would say “outlandish” things like, “Why don’t we just bomb the drugs?” in Mexico or, “Why don’t we take out the whole North Korean Army during one of their parades?”

What an idiot.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Not that this proposal deserves any legitimate consideration, but just for the sake of the debate, how exactly are we defining “first generation home buyer?” This seems to be a catchy phrase to sell to the masses that is ultimately pretty flimsy in substance.

Yep....equivalent to setting aside $X millions for "affordable housing" across the country. Who and what defines "affordable".

Hell, here in Lex, the "affordable" (by my definition) houses for your first time buyer are generally in substandard/older neighborhoods and/or they require substantial upgrades. Yes, there are exceptions, if Biff and Buffy both get out of med school making mid 6 figures each and want a place in Firebrook.

It's all a sales pitch, and it trickles all the way down to the mayor.

I can only imagine the type of Dad (or mom) your kids are getting after you sign off the forums after arguing non stop for 15 hours. I'd be absolutely floored if you had a healthy relationship with family, or anyone really. Good luck.
I'd rather be right than well-adjusted any day. Society is stupid. Why would any intelligent person want to conform to that? You're intentionally choosing to limit yourself. To summarize with pop culture:

"No, you're not wrong. You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole!" "Ok then."

"I don't wanna waste my time, become another casualty of society. I'll never fall in line, become another victim of your conformity. OR BACK DOWN"

Last edited:
Reactions: sambowieshin
But you didn't just type something someone would say. You intentionally misspelled words to convey a speaking style. Whose? You don't want to say because you realize it now that you've been called out on it. It's just so much a part of your rhetoric you can't help it.
Is that what you're dialect sounds like when you talk Dion? Did I hit a nerve or something? Seems like I did, else you wouldn't be so offended. It phonetically rolled right off your tongue when you read it, didn't it.

Reactions: TPush
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT