POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Taxes on THINGS are, you know, ultimately paid by people. (shareholders/investment funds/workers etc.) One way or another, it's going to be the middle class (and lower) that pay that money, not corporate bigwigs. It's incomprehensible to me that this even needs to be explained. Corporate taxes will not punish the people that they're intended to. They're probably one of the MOST regressive forms of taxation. (I ALSO took ECON-101 Wayne... LOL)
Amazing! Not only did you contradict your previous post, you also contradicted yourself in a single paragraph.

The amount of stupid in a single post is astounding though. I don’t even think you know what a regressive tax is.

One justification behind raising corporate taxes is to shift the tax burden onto the investment class. So if you increased corporate taxes to say 75% on Microsoft ($20B in profits last year), I can assure you that they couldn’t just raise prices and pass all that back to the consumer. It would be paid primarily from their shareholders, the biggest ones being billionaires like Gates.

Read a ****ing book.

aff8dbaf527d9028.png

Calls someone a moron, but doesn't know how to use commas.
That is a stylistic choice for emphasis. Not a mistake. You do not want to get into a grammar fight with me. I could lambast nigh on every post in this thread. Including literally this one, as you don't need a comma where you put one. The grammar bot even highlights it for you in the quote. Misused a comma in a post about misusing commas. Definition of irony.

CBS Evening News reported on 13 year old who was shot by police after he pointed a replica handgun at police.

I’m sad for family of 13 year old who is now dead. However, in my opinion, the officers were justified in their actions.

Don't know anything about this kid or his parents, but I have to wonder if bad parenting was involved. You can't blame the cop. Sometimes he has a split second to make a decision. Delay and he or a buddy may die.

I'm just disgusted with my current options.
Trump is a terrible human being. He is completely unfit in temperment to ever hold that office again.
Biden is not cognitively or physically fit for office.
Right now I am pissed that the Democratic Party is insulting my intelligence by propping up Joe Biden on the ticket in his current state and asking me to support someone who is so obviously impaired by his age.
I'm holding out hope the Dem convention corrects this mess.

lol Biden was just as cognitively impaired the last time you voted for him you doofus. Only difference this time is the democrat media stopped lying to you for one day.

Amazing! Not only did you contradict your previous post, you also contradicted yourself in a single paragraph.

The amount of stupid in a single post is astounding though. I don’t even think you know what a regressive tax is.

One justification behind raising corporate taxes is to shift the tax burden onto the investment class. So if you increased corporate taxes to say 75% on Microsoft ($20B in profits last year), I can assure you that they couldn’t just raise prices and pass all that back to the consumer. It would be paid primarily from their shareholders, the biggest ones being billionaires like Gates.

Read a ****ing book.
Well Wayne, if you raised corporate taxes to 75 percent, then corporate taxes aren't going to be an issue either way. LOL

BUT, setting aside your goofy scenario;

Who do you think the "investment class" primarily represents? It isn't Gates, it's institutional investors (to help you out, that means mutual funds, pension plans etc. )

And you used Iphones as an example of inelastic demand. You probably could not have picked a worse example. Despite prices soaring on them, demand has increased there, Jethro...

Most economists, backed by countless studies, agree that higher corporate taxes inordinately penalize the middle and lower class*. You're the only one that seems to think otherwise. LOL

*(that is a regressive tax)

God, I hope you didn't major in business/finance/economics. If you DID, you should ask for a refund.

You should head back over to GYERO. This clearly isn't for you.

Last edited:
There is no not voting. No matter what you do, someone will still be in that office. Not voting is just voting for the candidate that benefits from lower turnout. In this election, that's Trump. Vote for Trump if you want to, but don't let yourself off the hook about it.
Another example of sucking the Dim party teat. Real revolutionary!

Four years too late.

In additon, all of this clamoring by the right, for Biden to drop out, or slap him with the 25th, perfectly illustrates just how bad at politics the GOP is.

When you catch a break, you sit down, and keep your ****ing mouths shut.

Interesting snippet from Ace of Spades:

"But the real problem was Biden. He failed me. He failed me by not projecting the Illusion of Viability. His "Talking Pills" -- the medical grade cocaine, the amphetamines, whatever cocktail they give him -- did not work. He needs so much of the stuff now that they are literally flirting with the charge of murdering the president of the United States if they give him a dose big enough to try to make him appear coherent for 90 minutes."

CBS Evening News reported on 13 year old who was shot by police after he pointed a replica handgun at police.

I’m sad for family of 13 year old who is now dead. However, in my opinion, the officers were justified in their actions.

Sgt. Al Powell?

7bcad8d8-2938-4b30-81f5-598198dbbd2b_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT