POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ronald Reagan inherited a bad economy and inflation from Carter just like Biden did from Trump.
Reagan's approval one year out from his reelection was 35 percent....similar to Biden.
But....like under Reagan.... Bidenomics has got the economy humming again. Watch as the fed cuts interest rates this coming year, the stock market sizzles and unemployment stays low.
Paid 2.05 for gas today with my Krogers discount.
Hell yeah the economy is good.

GRIgXJFWEAAzXik

Also, I don't think Trump knocked it out of the park by any means. He's actually not a very good debater (technically speaking), but he's tough to land a punch on. This was way more about (and most would agree) Biden just coming across as a man that is suffering from the onset of dementia.
Trump is a terrible debater. I watched the whole thing and it just sucked. Trump won only because Biden was dead in the water. I have said this before, I have never been a fan of Trump but, as a person who gets things done, he is the only option we have right now. We desperately need a good third option.

Ronald Reagan inherited a bad economy and inflation from Carter just like Biden did from Trump.
Reagan's approval one year out from his reelection was 35 percent....similar to Biden.
But....like under Reagan.... Bidenomics has got the economy humming again. Watch as the fed cuts interest rates this coming year, the stock market sizzles and unemployment stays low.
Paid 2.05 for gas today with my Krogers discount.
Hell yeah the economy is good.

After last night, it's probably best you sit this one out going forward. If Trump fails to deliver, then you're free to pounce in a year or so. Go find a ferret or something to play with.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
Trump is a terrible debater. I watched the whole thing and it just sucked. Trump won only because Biden was dead in the water. I have said this before, I have never been a fan of Trump but, as a person who gets things done, he is the only option we have right now. We desperately need a good third option.

Trump debates well when the topics are specific. It got off track last night due to the subject matter and Biden's inability to handle his lack of brain matter.

And no, we don't need a 3rd option. Why do people always say that? If there was a good 3rd option, then they would have been on the stage last night in one of the two spots. And why do we need someone else vs the person who will get us turned around? His pre-covid numbers for our economy speaks volumes, and we were #1 on the global stage.

Trump did nothing special thats for sure. At least this time he let senile biden ramble on which he didn't do last time. Hopefully that shows some semblance of him finally listening to someone about strategy instead of just giving in to impulses.

Hopefully he can stick with it but hes just as likely to start raging about the normal stuff next time

The best path to victory imo is the non zealous dems just stay home.

Going to be interesting to see if biden is the nominee.

Trump debates well when the topics are specific. It got off track last night due to the subject matter and Biden's inability to handle his lack of brain matter.

And no, we don't need a 3rd option. Why do people always say that? If there was a good 3rd option, then they would have been on the stage last night in one of the two spots. And why do we need someone else vs the person who will get us turned around? His pre-covid numbers for our economy speaks volumes, and we were #1 on the global stage.
I said we need a good third option, not that one was available. I agree as I posted that he gets things done but, he needs to be more presidential and less childish with his mannerism and responses for me.

Is sambowieshin vindicated?

I mean, all he talks about is 10 year olds needing abortions because incest is so prevalent in the world he comes from. We all mocked him. Now sure enough, the leading democrat is on stage warning of all the women getting pregnant when their sister in laws rape them.

Do we all owe sambowieshin an apology for mocking him about an issue that is clearly top of mind for the leader of the democrat party?

It's one night. Not being up for it every single day is one thing, but anybody should be able to do one freaking couple hour stretch.

Yeah I agree but anyone that’s had a grandfather, parent, relative with similar cognitive impairments knows you don’t just get to pick their good days and bad days. This man has been ill for some time. The party and msm told you he was sharp, energetic, and mentally competent for years when he wasn’t.

Last edited:
I thought Trump did a great job keeping his cool. Never rattled. Pretty much ignored the moderators and just countered Biden when we wanted.

I also think Trump did some of his best work on the abortion issue. He didn't pigeon hole himself into a stance. Made his point about its in the hands of the states and the ppl. Good work not taking a hard stance one way or the other. The most emotional issue on the ballot and in the one demographic he struggles with, young and middle aged single women. He didn't give the abortion community any fuel.

Trump stumbled all over himself on abortion. He did not clearly state that Roe was perceived as bad law by most constitutional scholars, but that does not mean that everyone wanted the issue returned to the states. He seems to admit that “you have to get elected,” implying his stance is purely political. He could have stated that 10-15 weeks is not conservative, but is typical for most European countries. He talked about the former gov of VA, but should have put that right on Biden, saying Biden supports abortion right up to the moment of birth and is extreme. If he is taking a compromised position, he should have been more clear, instead of rambling through something that he knew was coming. He only looked competent because Biden was so pathetic.

They did. Still pointedly worded questions at Trump. Never asked about Biden's lies. But it was handled evenly.

When Biden was lost and mumbling and stretching for a thought, they went to Trump and attempted to save the president, IMO. I was not timing answers at that point, but I am willing to bet Biden had more time and he was clearly struggling to find some coherent landing to his wandering point and CNN saved his butt (or tried to).

The people contributing to the complete coordinated response, to have Biden drop out, were the same mainstream media who said, "nothing to see here." They also said, no border crisis, mocked Romney that Russia was our enemy, are enabling the Dem foreign policy yielding everything to Iran...When they say something is true, the reality is that it's probably the opposite.

Let’s remind ourselves, the president took a full week to solely prepare for what we saw last night. The Dem leadership and media are pathetic for letting him embarrass himself and the country. His best moments were just sentence fragments mumbled together. If you wanted to make me feel sorry for Joe Biden, you succeeded. But, if you want me to believe he will be president in 2 years, you failed.

The people contributing to the complete coordinated response, to have Biden drop out, were the same mainstream media who said, "nothing to see here." They also said, no border crisis, mocked Romney that Russia was our enemy, are enabling the Dem foreign policy yielding everything to Iran...When they say something is true, the reality is that it's probably the opposite.

They don’t want Biden. Heck, even Dems on here have said as much. MSM been trying to let him sink himself for a while now, but the average Dems are either too loyal or too slow to admit he’s nursing home material and call for it. Last night may have finally done the trick. The plan has always been to replace him and now they’ll have public support and outcry for it. The timing of this haymaker was strategic to cut any choice from the primary voters out of the equation.

Last edited:
Jill clearly loves the perks of being First Lady much more the she loves her husband. Even the liberal talking heads on CNN acknowledged that last night. Why else would you let a loved one embarrass themselves regularly on public stages? How bad will Joe look 2-3 years from now?

Last edited:
Jill clearly loves the perks of being First Lady much more the she loves her husband. Even the liberal talking heads on CNN acknowledged that last night. Why else would you let a loved one embarrass themselves regularly on public stages? How bad will Joe look like 2-3 years from now?
Some of us knew that, and felt the same way towards her 4 years ago.

Jill clearly loves the perks of being First Lady much more the she loves her husband. Even the liberal talking heads on CNN acknowledged that last night. Why else would you let a loved one embarrass themselves regularly on public stages? How bad will Joe look like 2-3 years from now?

Absolutely. My guess is because he’s not a loved one. She acts like a woman who’s moved on to bigger and better things and is just playing the part for appearances.

Apologists all over the MSM now. Many claiming Biden won based on all the points he brought up. “ Just read the transcript “, one said. “ Trump lied all night”.
Again telling us not to believe what we saw. “Joe is sharp, he’s in control , master of his domain.”

This is what you want I think, the continued gaslighting.

It's always been a lie, a complete farce ffrom day 1 . All it takes to win this election, no matter whom they run, is enough people in the swing states to wake up and see this party for what it is.

Apologists all over the MSM now. Many claiming Biden won based on all the points he brought up. “ Just read the transcript “, one said. “ Trump lied all night”.
Again telling us not to believe what we saw. “Joe is sharp, he’s in control , master of his domain.”

Good, let them. Even the left on facebook couldn't hide from how this debate was ACTUALLY going. They know. You might not like Trump, but last night was an unmitigated disaster for Biden. If the left wants to keep trying to push him out there, perfect. The problem will be if they wake up and shift gears to run someone different. That's what worries me.

They have a real decision on their hands, and they really only have another month or so to figure it out.

Reactions: Lost In FL
I said we need a good third option, not that one was available. I agree as I posted that he gets things done but, he needs to be more presidential and less childish with his mannerism and responses for me.

I don't care if he wants to play w/ Slinky's and Lincoln Logs. I know what he can do. The "more presidential" cliché is nonsense in today's culture. I want a POTUS who can speak to the people as if he is one of them, like Trump does. He eats McD's, cusses, probably likes bourbon, golfs, and tells people they suck when they do. The JFK aura is long gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT