POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you are calling for Obama to be tried for murder having targeted and killed an American citizen with a missile without due process.

Impeachment is the constitutional method. Thus immunity. Trump is right.
Again, then why is this in the Constitution:
Article 1, Section 3: "Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

Reactions: sambowieshin
That does it.

I was on the fence about November. But I can no longer tolerate this destruction of the American way.

I'll say it ... FJB.
Yeah… it’s something else when McD’s has to stop offering free refills on soft drinks that they already MASSIVELY mark up on the original charge. Cost of a single coke was in the same ballpark as the price of a 12-pack at the grocery. I always figured that’s how they could justify offering that perk since they were already so far ahead on the original purchase. But now they feel the need to squeeze more revenue out of refills… hmm.

I'm starting to believe most liberal politicians and rhinos were selected because they were like Hollywood actors getting jobs, had put on that dress, get railroaded on camera and shipped to epstien Island to perform sex acts on children. Then get funneled money and do exactly what you are told or you will be destroyed. I mean these ppl are dumber than shit and pass indescribably bad legislation like they have huge clouds over their heads ready to strike.

Selling your soul and whatnot to be part of the elite
All those loons are full of themselves.

Wow...had no idea opening a brand new building was free and you start making crazy profits on opening day. Whouda thunk it? Silly ole country school teacher had no idea about free buildings and record profit margins opening week.
Cool story bro!
Ima gonna go get me one of them free buildings next week and git me some of them there chickens with eggs.
Thanks for the tip EF Mutton! 💰💰💰💰
They do not OWN the building. They lease it from a developer. They deduct RENT. Whoever owns the building collects the likely longterm lease and depreciates the bldg. You cannot deduct the construction cost like you do your light bill. Gawd.

Kroger is in strip centers too. They dont own the building or center. It is unwise for a company to own their building inside the business. Creditors cannot get the building that way.

They do not OWN the building. They lease it from a developer. They deduct RENT. Whoever owns the building collects the likely longterm lease and depreciates the bldg. You cannot deduct the construction cost like you do your light bill. Gawd.

Kroger is in strip centers too. They dont own the building or center. It is unwise for a company to own their building inside the business. Creditors cannot get the building that way.

It went down EXACTLY like I said it did.

Why the hell would you buy the land and invest in building a grocery store in order to pay rent on it?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"The company on Friday announced plans to build a 46,000 square foot supermarket"....In Lexington.

Why the hell would you buy the land and invest in building a grocery store in order to pay rent on it?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A fully developed piece of land/building subject to a lease with a credit worthy client is an attractive opportunity for certain REITs among other buyers, and the sale/leaseback is a way to monetize the value for the tenant op co.

Yeah… it’s something else when McD’s has to stop offering free refills on soft drinks that they already MASSIVELY mark up on the original charge. Cost of a single coke was in the same ballpark as the price of a 12-pack at the grocery. I always figured that’s how they could justify offering that perk since they were already so far ahead on the original purchase. But now they feel the need to squeeze more revenue out of refills… hmm.
I go to restaurant once a week with golf buddies. Ice Tea has gone up to $3.75! I started ordering water this week. I add the savings to the tip.

A fully developed piece of land/building subject to a lease with a credit worthy client is an attractive opportunity for certain REITs among other buyers, and the sale/leaseback is a way to monetize the value for the tenant op co.
True. But you are missing the entire context of the conversation.
Lecter was saying that Publix only rented and didn't have to invest in land or buildings as part of their expense portfolio in relation to their profit margins.
Basically saying rent was the ONLY expense in start up costs. 🤣

Looking forward to VH saying how this isn't bad for the economy. I know he'll post a MSNBC column or something saying how good the economy is going and he'll brag about his section 8 housing making him bank... LOL.
5000 responding to me, post #652,478: “I almost think he banged your grand daughter.”

You're trying to explain calculus to someone who failed See Spot Run.
You're clueless as hell just like Lecter. 🤡
Fetch Fido.....

I go to restaurant once a week with golf buddies. Ice Tea has gone up to $3.75! I started ordering water this week. I add the savings to the tip.
I thought McDonald's always offered any size drink for $1.00 That's hardly the "massive markup", but it sounds to me less like a cost thing and more of a convenience thing so they don't have to maintain the dispensers. It's also to prevent drink theft. People walking in off the street and sneaking drinks. They also said they are leaving it up to the individual owners and franchisees. The Coke Freestyle machines are much easier to maintain than the old style dispensers, mainly because they are linked to a Coca-Cola database and product inventory is tracked. Shipments of product are automatic and some of the maintenance and system updates can be handled remotely. but if it is a money issue for Franchisees to offer drinks for $1.00 they could easily raise that to $1.25 or $1.50 and not too many would blink, but this isn't the time to be doing that considering all the other price increases they've taken heat for.

The issue is fast food restaurants are seeing now is the decline in dining room occupancy. Most fast food establishments are operating at 70-75% or more drive-thru business. New builds are getting a lot smaller. You're seeing restaurants that once could seat upwards of 60-80 guests or more now going with 30- 40 seat prototypes.

It went down EXACTLY like I said it did.

"The company on Friday announced plans to build a 46,000 square foot supermarket"....In Lexington.

Your ignorance is vast. They are buying EXISTING buildings that they are already in as tenants.... They are flipping the script to become landlords in a very depressed commercial real estate market. They are not BUILDING those. READ. On the 75% they do not own you can certainly ask them the stupid question above..."Why the hell....." They would, like me, laugh in your face. Stay in your lane.

You really need to talk to an accountant assuming you can understand much of anything. You do not read well or comprehend. From your link:

Publix is on its own shopping spree

Publix continues to load up on real estate. The state’s dominant grocer now owns 25.9 percent of its stores, up from 22.9 percent at the end of 2014 and from just 10.7 percent a decade ago, according to an annual report released this week.

Simple math...it does NOT own 75% of the stores. I would assume that a smart company like Publix is acquiring the real estate in a separate company. Also Publix causes foot traffic in a center. It is a smart strategy in their case to AS IT STATES IN THE LINK acquire the ENTIRE center. They then become the landlord for all the other tenants who want to cluster near the Publix. They charge higher rents. For a real estate developer, that is what happens when you land a national account like Publix. You can land better adjoining tenants who pay more /sqft.

Why do companies/ Publix lease? Because in 10 years when they want to put a Super-Publix with whatever new business venture they want to get into, they can leave that site and move down the street to the hot part of town into the upgraded facility. Plus tax reasons. Depreciation is like 39years. You cannot deduct the cost of the building like you apparently think they do. If they build/own a new store for say...$15,000,000 they can only deduct depreciation. Less than $400K per year for 39 years. If they lease they deduct the rent monthly. Accounting is way over your head. There are hundreds of variables and tax ramifications in the decision for them to acquire real estate but I like their apparent strategy of buying the entire center, not just their store. They no doubt have a separate LLC that holds the property. Not sure how an ESOP works with that strategy.

Last edited:
True. But you are missing the entire context of the conversation.
Lecter was saying that Publix only rented and didn't have to invest in land or buildings as part of their expense portfolio in relation to their profit margins.
Basically saying rent was the ONLY expense in start up costs. 🤣

I was just answering your question.

The rest of your post is hilariously nonsensical. You are stringing words together you think sound good, but in reality are nonsensical to anyone with a base level understanding of financial statements.

I thought McDonald's always offered any size drink for $1.00 That's hardly the "massive markup", but it sounds to me less like a cost thing and more of a convenience thing so they don't have to maintain the dispensers. It's also to prevent drink theft. People walking in off the street and sneaking drinks. They also said they are leaving it up to the individual owners and franchisees. The Coke Freestyle machines are much easier to maintain than the old style dispensers, mainly because they are linked to a Coca-Cola database and product inventory is tracked. Shipments of product are automatic and some of the maintenance and system updates can be handled remotely. but if it is a money issue for Franchisees to offer drinks for $1.00 they could easily raise that to $1.25 or $1.50 and not too many would blink, but this isn't the time to be doing that considering all the other price increases they've taken heat for.

The issue is fast food restaurants are seeing now is the decline in dining room occupancy. Most fast food establishments are operating at 70-75% or more drive-thru business. New builds are getting a lot smaller. You're seeing restaurants that once could seat upwards of 60-80 guests or more now going with 30- 40 seat prototypes.
*checks McDonald’s app for price of a large coke at the nearest location*

$2.69

Probably even higher in various locations/states.

• Wow
Reactions: 55wildcat
Your ignorance is vast. They are buying EXISTING buildings that they are already in as tenants.... They are flipping the script to become landlords in a very depressed commercial real estate market. They are not BUILDING those. READ. On the 75% they do not own you can certainly ask them the stupid question above..."Why the hell....." They would, like me, laugh in your face. Stay in your lane.

You really need to talk to an accountant assuming you can understand much of anything. You do not read well or comprehend. From your link:

Publix is on its own shopping spree

Publix continues to load up on real estate. The state’s dominant grocer now owns 25.9 percent of its stores, up from 22.9 percent at the end of 2014 and from just 10.7 percent a decade ago, according to an annual report released this week.

Simple math...it does NOT own 75% of the stores. I would assume that a smart company like Publix is acquiring the real estate in a separate company. Also Publix causes foot traffic in a center. It is a smart strategy in their case to AS IT STATES IN THE LINK acquire the ENTIRE center. They then become the landlord for all the other tenants who want to cluster near the Publix. They charge higher rents. For a real estate developer, that is what happens when you land a national account like Publix. You can land better adjoining tenants who pay more /sqft.

Why do companies/ Publix lease? Because in 10 years when they want to put a Super-Publix with whatever new business venture they want to get into, they can leave that cite and move down the street to the hot part of town into the upgraded facility. Plus tax reasons. Depreciation is like 39years. You cannot deduct the cost of the building like you apparently think they do. If they build/own a new store for say...$15,000,000 they can only deduct depreciation. Less than $400K per year for 39 years. If they lease they deduct the rent monthly. Accounting is way over your head. There are hundreds of variables and tax ramifications in the decision for them to acquire real estate but I like their apparent strategy of buying the entire center, not just their store. They no doubt have a separate LLC that holds the property. Not sure how an ESOP works with that strategy.
I am currently trying to sell commercial property I own. I can't speak to Publix, but I've learned enough to know you know what you are talking about. I had a long talk with my realtor yesterday (she is the top one in my area). We went into some of what you mention. With the fb economy, interest rates and some things more specific to my area, the commercial property market is crap.

Interesting Data: Morgan Stanley has built 2 different stock portfolios, based on the winner in the Potus election. The "Dem" basket of stocks emphasizes sectors that would benefit from Dem policies/victory (defense contractors, for example) while the "Repub" basket emphasizes sectors that would benefit from a Repub victory.

The Repub basket has outperformed by 4.5% YTD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT