POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I challenge you to show us any other point in American history where inflation jumped this quickly. This economy is a wreck and it is directly because of Marxist policies on energy, regulatory policy, but most damning it’s because of the sheer stupidity of keeping the economy shutdown (long after it was obvious that Covid had been overblown) and then borrowing and printing so many dollars once Biden took office.

Couple all that with the pressures that tens of millions of illegal aliens puts on housing prices.

You’re so, so silly.
Seriously? What are you, 12 years old?
"At the end of 1981, the annual inflation rate of 8.9 percent actually represented good news for consumers -- at that time, it was the lowest inflation figure since 1977, following increases of 13.3 percent and 12.4 percent in 1979 and 1980."

The current US Inflation Rate is at 3.48%, compared to 3.15% last month and 4.98% last year. This is higher than the long term average of 3.28%.
Not. Even. Close. 🤡

I don't make over 400k. Not worried about it.
“The president is honoring his ironclad commitment to not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400,000 and will cut taxes further for workers and families."

He’s promised to let the 2017 tax cuts expire, which will raise your taxes. Along with the vast majority of everyone making less than $400k per year.

He’s promised to let the 2017 tax cuts expire, which will raise your taxes. Along with the vast majority of everyone making less than $400k per year.
They will rewrite the tax laws just like they always do. Not worried as I don't make over 400k.

Still trying to figure out the point of this Hush Money trial even 3 weeks in. What does Bragg want to accomplish legally ? Daniel's has made the trial an instant appeal , there's literally an ocean of reasonable doubt, their star witness is a person with a habitual record of lying under oath.

Only things they can be trying to accomplish is to piss Trump off enough to testify to get him for perjury on anything an they might get an initial conviction and keep the appeal hearing till after election so it is after election while keeping gag order over him somehow till after appeal hearing.

The records case they might actually have an legit case this , jsn 6, atl. Cases are garbage political attack like in banana republics.
The records case lost all of it's legitimacy when they were exposed for planting evidence.

If Trump wins the Sun Belt, Biden's only path to win is a clean sweep of the Rust Belt. That's the long and short of it. Trump will just need to pick off one of MN, WI, MI, or PA

Reactions: Dionysus444
Only people whining about the economy are the 3.6 percent of unemployed who aren't working because they are lazy.
Yes, I'm in Destin and living large on my piddly teacher pension. ⛱️🍻
Economy is poppin baby!!
* KA -- BOOM *

Indeed announces layoffs for 8% of staff, just over a year after its last layoffs​

Indeed is the most trafficked employment website in the USA.

Damn it, Joe!

It’s hard to fathom how brain dead you have to be to parrot the Biden admins message that everything is great, which flies in the face of actual data and reality, then also parrot the message that he’s not going to raise taxes on anyone making under $400k per year, when that exact thing is scheduled to happen at the end of 2025.

A small part of me wants the tax cuts to expire just so everyone who was dumb enough to believe the rich were the only ones who benefited get to feel a little more pain from the Biden admin policies.

And make no mistake, if Biden wins, he’ll let the tax cuts expire, argue he didn’t raise taxes on people making less than $400k per year and not cut them back to where they were. You can bet on that.

The law says landlords are NOT required to be Section 8 holders,

So far.... barely avoided it though.

but If there was a way—Id provide it for homeless veterans, first and foremost.

There should be a separate program for veterans. I'd say I'm surprised there isn't one, but after the way I've seen veterans treated by this govt, that's impossible.

Inflation happens under EVERY President. Biden inherited a God awful economic situation from Trump. Coming off of a world wide pandemic....supply chain shutdowns....Covid lockdowns....Biggest stimulus $$$ giveaway in US history (Thanks Donald!!!) which was immediately followed by a WAR in Ukraine which limited oil supplies and drove up gas prices.
All in all I would give Biden an A plus for his handling of these issues. The economy very easily could have gone into a deep recession but it didn't because of Biden's economic policies.
The price we paid for no recession was inflation.
BTW....Biden's overall inflation rate is only one percent more than Ronald Reagan's. Prices go up dude. That is why a hamburger isn't a nickel anymore.

Democrats immediately pushed massive spending bills without budgeting for it. You can spin all you want. In fact they pushed one out for trillions as soon as he took office and then "inflation reduction act"...which did nothing to help inflation

When do we get to the falsifying business records to conceal a legal NDA, which somehow becomes a felony, because someone says that constitutes a campaign contribution (to HIMSELF LOL) and which makes a perfectly legal business expense a crime?

And why have we had to wait all this time to, you know, GET to the actual/alleged crime (which is only a crime if you can "massage" it into one)?

To be fair, with what they're not taught, medical school is kinda overkill (and no that's not a typo). Anyone can read a pharmaceutical manual and parrot what it says. They just need to bone up on their Latin pronunciation skills. I'd really like to think that most physicians are really trying to help, but they are so uneducated about general health and nutrition as to be dangerous.

It’s hard to fathom how brain dead you have to be to parrot the Biden admins message that everything is great, which flies in the face of actual data and reality, then also parrot the message that he’s not going to raise taxes on anyone making under $400k per year, when that exact thing is scheduled to happen at the end of 2025.

A small part of me wants the tax cuts to expire just so everyone who was dumb enough to believe the rich were the only ones who benefited get to feel a little more pain from the Biden admin policies.

And make no mistake, if Biden wins, he’ll let the tax cuts expire, argue he didn’t raise taxes on people making less than $400k per year and not cut them back to where they were. You can bet on that.
His voters dont parrot anything , they are dumber than parrots . Its like an insult to a bird . I recently was in the company of 2 elderly democrats " Stormy called Trump a Orange Turd" and just snickered .. its a shame. they set there like zombies and absorb CNN and MSNBC .

Last edited:
Seriously? What are you, 12 years old?
"At the end of 1981, the annual inflation rate of 8.9 percent actually represented good news for consumers -- at that time, it was the lowest inflation figure since 1977, following increases of 13.3 percent and 12.4 percent in 1979 and 1980."

The current US Inflation Rate is at 3.48%, compared to 3.15% last month and 4.98% last year. This is higher than the long term average of 3.28%.
Not. Even. Close. 🤡
Sam, we had some high inflation in the early 70’s when I was a senior in high school working part-time in a grocery store. Each week, I was told to change the price labels in the dairy section to higher prices. One day I was bent over relabeling the price stickers on cheese products when an elderly lady pounded the back of my head with her purse!! She was mad as Hell at me for increasing the prices. I apologized and said I was only following orders from the manager. Next week she apologized and said she could barely afford her groceries. I changed jobs shortly after that when I attended college. 😀

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sambowieshin
bda8250d413a8b8e.png

Sam, we had some high inflation in the early 70’s when I was a senior in high school working part-time in a grocery store. Each week, I was told to change the price labels in the dairy section to higher prices. One day I was bent over relabeling the price stickers on cheese products when an elderly lady pounded the back of my head with her purse!! She was mad as Hell at me for increasing the prices. I apologized and said I was only following orders from the manager. Next week she apologized and said she could barely avoid her groceries. I changed jobs shortly after that when I attended college. 😀

Sam, we had some high inflation in the early 70’s when I was a senior in high school working part-time in a grocery store. Each week, I was told to change the price labels in the dairy section to higher prices. One day I was bent over relabeling the price stickers on cheese products when an elderly lady pounded the back of my head with her purse!! She was mad as Hell at me for increasing the prices. I apologized and said I was only following orders from the manager. Next week she apologized and said she could barely avoid her groceries. I changed jobs shortly after that when I attended college. 😀
Groceries has been the biggest hit on inflation for me. That has been where I see it weekly.
Gas is higher, but it has pretty much stabilized after it went from 2.50 to 3 plus dollars. It's higher now due to summer vacation driving.
Here's what I don't get. What is the ONE food item that seems impervious to inflation???? PIZZA!!!
I remember distinctly paying 5.99 for a medium Dominoes pizza in college back in the mid 80s. A large was typically around 10 bucks. Gattis was 9.99 back then.
I got two fully loaded Dominoes pizzas the other day for 22 bucks.....about 11 bucks a pizza. It helps to use coupons and find store specials but it is not unusual to get a pizza for around 10 bucks 40 years later. During the week you can get a 1 topping for 7.99 near me. Weird considering how much everything else has gone up.
How the hell can pizza do it but everyone else is jacking up prices???

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
* KA -- BOOM *

Indeed announces layoffs for 8% of staff, just over a year after its last layoffs​

Indeed is the most trafficked employment website in the USA.

Damn it, Joe!
That'll bring down the inflation like you want right?? Massive layoffs are great for inflation reduction.
You can't have it both ways. Booming economies bring inflation. Crashing economies reduce inflation but raise unemployment. Pick your poison.
Joe knows!

Had to wait an hour outside of Texas Roadhouse last night in order to get in and stand another 15 minutes to get seated. All the restaurants around there were packed to the gills.
Red Lobster and TGI Fridays have been struggling for years because they serve overpriced crappy food.
Try driving to Louisville, Nashville, Bowling Green or Lexington on a Friday or Saturday night at 6 pm and walking into a good sit down restaurant.
Good luck with that!
Been to the Greenwood Mall in Bowling Green on a weekend lately?
Been to Nashville any day of the week?
Derby infield was completely full with thousands of people who paid 130 bucks to stand in a field drinking 15 dollar beers.
Most people are fine. They just like to bitch.
Facts....

Get a job, Village Idiot.

Clearly, way too much idle time on your hands.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT