POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because the power went out. When it comes back they try full reversing which causes careening, but they lost power again and probably didn't have enough time anyway. Might've been better served to try just drifting through as the initial line isn't that bad, but the instant the power comes back they start fighting it and swinging around like mad. Reverse is only one prop so not nearly enough power to save them, especially with possibly reduced power from the mechanical failures. That was a LOT of smoke.

From Rand Paul's newsletter:

Dear Friend,

You can find my latest update below!

Dr. Rand Paul Sounds Alarm on $1.2 Trillion Spending Bill Filled with 1,400+ Earmarks, Offers Motion to Cut 5 Percent in Bill

Last week, Congress voted on a $1.2 trillion spending bill that was more than 1,000 pages long, filled with over 1,400 earmarks, was released at 2:32am on Thursday, and passed by Friday night.

Some of the most egregious earmarks – which your tax dollars are being recklessly spent towards – included were:

• $1M granted to SAGE, an elderly LGBTQ+ advocacy group in New York for "cultural competency" training for medical staff
  • $2M to the University of Maine for the construction of a kelp and shellfish nursery
  • $388K to Columbia University in New York, a private university with a $13.6 billion endowment
  • $1.5M to Game On New York to expand the gaming industry
  • $1.7M for wind energy workforce education and training in New York
  • $250K for the Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education Archives in West Virginia
  • $1.5M for economic and business development training for lobstering in Maine
  • $249K for the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
  • $85K to a public school district in Connecticut to increase school attendance
  • $1.1M for a food incubator project in Delaware
  • $1M to Martha’s Vineyard Hospital
  • $500K to the San Diego Zoo for a student biodiversity corps program
These are only 12 of the over 1,400 wasteful earmarks included in this week’s spending bill. Just two weeks ago, Congress had another spending bill with a price tag of $468 billion and that included over 6,000 earmarks. In one-month, big spenders in both parties in Washington have managed to waste billions of your hard-earned money on their pet projects.

This past week, I tried to offer a procedural motion that would cut just 5 percent from the bill, which is not asking a lot.

As elected representatives, we need to respect you, the taxpayers.

No more of this wasteful and excessive spending that is bankrupting our nation and driving up costs for Kentuckians across our Commonwealth. We can’t continue like this, and I for one will continue fighting against this reckless spending in Washington.

You can learn more about my efforts HERE and watch my floor speech HERE.
$12M out of $1.2T or 10ppm. OK, I don't like it but it's chicken feed in the big picture. OTOH, 5% is $60B. That's not a little. So Rand, stick to the stuff that matters, the $60B. Also, try being a leader vs. just taking shots. Is that too much to ask?

Now....in other economic news....

Build back better w/Bidenomics baby!!!

GJn1RXJbkAUA1-E

Been listening to Tom Bilyeu podcast the last 2 weeks. He's interviewed tons of successful business men the last year. THey all seem to agree things look really bad for '24 and beyond economically. Credit card debt was one he had a guest say something I'd not thought about before.... People who know they are about to go broke and declare bankruptcy will just run the bill on the CC up to max... they may even take out a couple more CC to run debt up on since they have no intention of paying back the money. The losses looming for CC companies may be enough on their own to tank the financial system.
Someone always predicting demise of the economy. Once in a while, one is right.

That's pretty much America. Flood the country with Illegals to cover the lazy ass Dems that want a monthly check to get them to the next month. Thanks Dems.

Because the power went out. When it comes back they try full reversing which causes careening, but they lost power again and probably didn't have enough time anyway. Might've been better served to try just drifting through as the initial line isn't that bad, but the instant the power comes back they start fighting it and swinging around like mad. Reverse is only one prop so not nearly enough power to save them, especially with possibly reduced power from the mechanical failures. That was a LOT of smoke.

Wow.

I didn't know you had container ship captain on the old resume'.

Tell us some more. Know anything about typhoon class submarines?

I've been wanting to buy one.

If RFK had picked someone to the right of him, I was actually considering voting for him.

Trump was so bad on Covid and has expressed zero regret, I am having a hard time convincing myself his second term will be better. Like calipari level suck but not do anything differently.

Thought RFK may bring some consequences to the people who tried to destroy our country, and do something about regulatory capture. If SCOTUS tosses Chevron, I’d be more comfortable the EPA would be kept in check.

So I guess Trump it is. Biden obviously is t an option.

This is part of the reason why the Democratic party has gone 'so far left' as y'all would say, aka proposes policy on climate change. To keep what would be the Green Party off the ticket. Spoilers are extremely real in American politics and it's terrible, as y'all are seeing. You know what fixes that? Ranked Choice. Those wasted Libertarian votes would go to your Republican.
GJm_XETbEAA1VHF

Funny how fast the Transportation Secretary and ALL federal resources got to the bridge today, I wonder how the people of East Palestine feel? Can you guess which is republican ran, and the other democrat ran?
No kidding. The Dems see this as an opportunity (Some how) to push an agenda that they don't even know yet. I'm sure the Ice Cream licker will be on top of this 24/7.

Collapse Of Key Bridge Strategic Attack

Collapse Of Key Bridge Strategic Attack — Lara Logan is reporting that the the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore 1:30 this morning, March 26, was caused by a planned “strategic attack” on US critical infrastructure.
The 1.6 mile bridge collapsed in seconds after it was hit by the container ship Dali.
It was most likely cyber-warfare she says.
Second busiest strategic roadway in the nation for hazardous material now down for 4-5 years – which is how long they say it will take to recover. Bridge was built specifically to move hazardous material – fuel, diesel, propane gas, nitrogen, highly flammable materials, chemicals and oversized cargo that cannot fit in the tunnels – that supply chain now crippled, she posted on X
With an open border and an armed forces directed by “diversity” rather than courage and competency, now is not the time to go to war.
Collapse Of Key Bridge Strategic Attack

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT