POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now Russia is trustworthy? Who the hell do you think is providing the material and experts on Irans Nuclear designs.
Huh? It's 6 nations as I recall. So is Russia a problem for you now? It doesn't seem to bother The Donald in the least as he's quite beholden to them. Seems it was going to happen anyway and is much better knowing about it than not knowing. Simply another example of who's deal it is. If it happened under a Trump presidency, not a peep from anyone in the GOP.

If they stop and frisk and you don't have a gun how is it that they can take it?

You do realize stop and frisk is a deterrent to carrying weapons therefore we as a nation are less likely to deal with stupid shootings.

Less people carrying doesn't equal people not having guns.

I'm pretty sure you are not aware of what stop and frisk does, instead just spewing what your scared it will do.
I am fully aware of Trump's version. Watch the vid.

James, you're grasping at straws buddy, you understand that right? For the record I'm not worried about Hillary taking guns, you're hung up on a campaign slogan, hoss.

Willfully ignore? He made a claim they should stop and frisk people in Chicago, using NY as an example of where it worked. Now you have him wanting to take people's guns?

Look, you offer no solutions James, you claim to be an independent and key in on one candidates every word, ignoring what he's said ad nauseum for the past 6 months. He obviously misspoke in that interview, but the good ol " independent" chose to use that as a gotcha moment.

Pay attention to what's happening now. The Dems are following Trumps lead, Chicago announces the hiring of 1000 cops, trade agreements are now a major part of Hillary's campaign and the media is picking up that people are disgruntled with them. That's because of Trump.

First of all drop the charade that you're an independent, no one believes you.
Second, you're accusing me being part of the problem with partisan politics lol.
I'm a registered Democrat, I generally vote republican in national elections, however I didn't vote in 2012 election, I was tired of the same old bullshit from each party.

You're supporting Hillary who's corruption has been written ad nauseum on here, corruption committed as a public servant. She was awful as senator and SOS, with a history of making poor decisions.
I watched the Fox piece about how he plans to fix the problem. So please enlighten us as to what he REALLY means Bill as he seems to ALWAYS mean something different than what he says. I guess the dude need a translator every time he sticks his foot in his mouth. With these examples, The Donald will really excel at foreign policy it appears.

Congrats on your thoughtful election day decision. I suspect the Donald has no idea how to govern and you'll regret it very quickly. As far as the dems, the status quo isn't my favorite choice but if you can't see the difference between 2016 and 2008, I really don't have anything more to say.

Huh? It's 6 nations as I recall. So is Russia a problem for you now? It doesn't seem to bother The Donald in the least as he's quite beholden to them. Seems it was going to happen anyway and is much better knowing about it than not knowing. Simply another example of who's deal it is. If it happened under a Trump presidency, not a peep from anyone in the GOP.

Oh I don't know, the left has vilified Russia, but is fine with them being one of the main cogs in a frickin deal with Iran about Nukes. The same Russia that supplied and helped get Iran to where they are now with regards to Nukes. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.
Trump isn't beholden to Russia, he simply said since we both have a common enemy in ISIS maybe we should work together, you know like we did with the Soviets to defeat a common enemy.

You seem to think people only oppose the Iran deal because Obama got it through. It's a bad deal for the US. Basically the US paid Iran, withdrew sanctions so we can watch Iran do what they were doing anyhow? It's awful negotiating, but it looks good on paper, and By his own words Obama worries about his legacy.

Obamas foreign policy has been abysmal, hell it almost appears he wanted to put the US in a weaker position worldwide.

I watched the Fox piece about how he plans to fix the problem. So please enlighten us as to what he REALLY means Bill as he seems to ALWAYS mean something different than what he says. I guess the dude need a translator every time he sticks his foot in his mouth. With these examples, The Donald will really excel at foreign policy it appears.

Congrats on your thoughtful election day decision. I suspect the Donald has no idea how to govern and you'll regret it very quickly. As far as the dems, the status quo isn't my favorite choice but if you can't see the difference between 2016 and 2008, I really don't have anything more to say.

2008 was created by the housing bubble, what caused the housing bubble James?
What's different between then and now? The economy was falling then, and it's basically never recovered for most people. Jobs are still an issue unless you want to work fast food. The nations 10 trillion more in debt, we're in Iraq fighting insurgents, more people out of work, on food stamps, drug deaths are now the leading cause of death, ain't it grand!!

You suspect Trump doesn't know how to govern, and you may be right, but we know Hillary doesn't. She has been abysmal, and she has no regard for ethics, rules or law.
You vote how you like, my guess is this whole argument you've come up with is fluff, you're main concern is more than likely social issues.
My main concern is good jobs for people and putting America in the best position for the future.

2008 was created by the housing bubble

It was created by the housing bubble but it was turned into a crisis by the sketchy exotic financial instruments that flourished in the mortgage market's wake. Had there not been CDOs and assorted derivatives** the collapse of the bubble would have passed through the economy in a couple of months.

The housing bubble (it's been claimed) was caused partially by the (lunatic?) idea that everyone should own their own home. Well, rents are now outside of historic ranges. Maybe there should be a revival of the old fashioned boarding house presided over by eligible/respectable widows.

**Estimates of the amount that the mortgages were leveraged range from around 15-1 to over 30-1. The derivatives market was unregulated then and remains so to this day.

Reactions: jameslee32
The reason they pick these legitimate shootings to protest is that soros is funding it..

..if you push and push even the legitimate ones, soon(its already starting) every single shooting will be seen as wrong

Reactions: screwduke1
The reason they pick these legitimate shootings to protest is that soros is funding it.

17rmhj.jpg

It was created by the housing bubble but it was turned into a crisis by the sketchy exotic financial instruments that flourished in the mortgage market's wake. Had there not been CDOs and assorted derivatives** the collapse of the bubble would have passed through the economy in a couple of months.

The housing bubble (it's been claimed) was caused partially by the (lunatic?) idea that everyone should own their own home. Well, rents are now outside of historic ranges. Maybe there should be a revival of the old fashioned boarding house presided over by eligible/respectable widows.

**Estimates of the amount that the mortgages were leveraged range from around 15-1 to over 30-1. The derivatives market was unregulated then and remains so to this day.

It was created by the idea everyone should own a home, and the law passed to make that possible significantly eased up the ability to get a home loan.
Banks, like with any law it appears found loopholes to make payments on houses increase over time.
Couple that with the fact good jobs were being outsourced and it's a recipe for what we had.
The derivatives may be the same, but loaning practices are MUCH different. You must have 20% down payment, before you just basically proved you had a job and signed your name.

It was a ticking time bomb, and we haven't recovered still. We're in the verge of another one, this one will be as bad or worse than the last one simply because we didn't recover, we put a band aid on it.

2008 was created by the housing bubble, what caused the housing bubble James?
What's different between then and now? The economy was falling then, and it's basically never recovered for most people. Jobs are still an issue unless you want to work fast food. The nations 10 trillion more in debt, we're in Iraq fighting insurgents, more people out of work, on food stamps, drug deaths are now the leading cause of death, ain't it grand!!

You suspect Trump doesn't know how to govern, and you may be right, but we know Hillary doesn't. She has been abysmal, and she has no regard for ethics, rules or law.
You vote how you like, my guess is this whole argument you've come up with is fluff, you're main concern is more than likely social issues.
My main concern is good jobs for people and putting America in the best position for the future.
I think Moe explained the CDS/CDO problem quite nicely. I have a job now. Not so in 2008. Everything is better for almost everyone compared to then and all the TPM and BLM idiots don't change that. We don't blow up the system because of a small minority of people who quit looking for work or didn't plan their lives accordingly.

I think Moe explained the CDS/CDO problem quite nicely. I have a job now. Not so in 2008. Everything is better for almost everyone compared to then and all the TPM and BLM idiots don't change that. We don't blow up the system because of a small minority of people who quit looking for work or didn't plan their lives accordingly.

James, the law that created that mess was put in place under Clinton, NAFTA was put in place under Clinton, it's about to come home to roost as well.

It's not because of a small number of people James, and no one wants to blow up a system. It simply needs to be pointed in a different direction.
How old were you in 2008?

Donald Trump committed perjury. Or he looked into the faces of the Republican faithful and knowingly lied. There is no third option.

"It has become an accepted reality of this presidential campaign that Trump spins a near-endless series of falsehoods. For months, the media has struggled with this unprecedented situation—a candidate who, unlike other politicians who stretch the truth, simply creates his own reality. Trumps regularly peddles “facts” that aren’t true, describes events that never happened or denies engaging in actions that everyone saw him do. He utters his falsehoods so fast that before reporters have the chance to correct one, he has tossed out five or six more."

"This time, it is different. Trump can’t skip past his perfidy here. There are two records—one, a previously undisclosed deposition of the Republican nominee testifying under oath, and the second a transcript/video of a Republican presidential debate."

James, the law that created that mess was put in place under Clinton, NAFTA was put in place under Clinton, it's about to come home to roost as well.

It's not because of a small number of people James, and no one wants to blow up a system. It simply needs to be pointed in a different direction.
Bill Clinton never should have NEVER signed into law the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act. Banks should NOT have ever been allowed to risk deposits and the entire banking sector using these complex derivatives by selling them as safe investments.

The fact that Phil Gramm, Jim Leach and Tom Bliley were all republicans simply means Congress was connected to Wall Street bankers as much as any time since the Depression. How else could portions of Glass-Steagall get repealed by both branches of Congress by such large margins? Thankfully America has mostly recovered and banking restrictions are much tougher 8 years after the crash.

NAFTA has done exactly what was promised by keeping prices on consumer goods low. Maybe artificially low. But at what cost?

Yes, we are reaping both the benefits of low prices and the destruction of the manufacturing sector. No, we weren't fully prepared for the aspects of a much larger service economy, the inflation of college tuition and the resulting corporate greed turned into the biggest income disparity in the history of the world.

Blaming the First Lady doesn't fix the problem. Creating new industries, better paying jobs and attracting investment helps. The Great Recession stalled that process and repealing NAFTA will require putting the Jeanie back into the bottle without destroying the economy. I have ZERO faith in The Donald to balance this issue just as the current economy is slowly improving just the same.

Bill Clinton never should have NEVER signed into law the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act. Banks should NOT have ever been allowed to risk deposits and the entire banking sector using these complex derivatives by selling them as safe investments.

The fact that Phil Gramm, Jim Leach and Tom Bliley were all republicans simply means Congress was connected to Wall Street bankers as much as any time since the Depression. How else could portions of Glass-Steagall get repealed by both branches of Congress by such large margins? Thankfully America has mostly recovered and banking restrictions are much tougher 8 years after the crash.

NAFTA has done exactly what was promised by keeping prices on consumer goods low. Maybe artificially low. But at what cost?

Yes, we are reaping both the benefits of low prices and the destruction of the manufacturing sector. No, we weren't fully prepared for the aspects of a much larger service economy, the inflation of college tuition and the resulting corporate greed turned into the biggest income disparity in the history of the world.

Blaming the First Lady doesn't fix the problem. Creating new industries, better paying jobs and attracting investment helps. The Great Recession stalled that process and repealing NAFTA will require putting the Jeanie back into the bottle without destroying the economy. I have ZERO faith in The Donald to balance this issue just as the current economy is slowly improving just the same.

I don't care who sponsored the Bill James, as I told you earlier, I and we are sick politicians from either party. They haven't had our best interests at heart.

I didn't blame the First Lady for Nafta, but her husband did sign it, and the likelihood that she does anything to it is nil.

The Great Recession didn't stall it, it was a symptom of it. The economy isn't improving, do you understand people now don't believe their children's life will be better than their own? That's not a symptom of a good economy.

I don't think Trump will repeal NAFTA, I wish he would, but what he will do is renegotiate.
You're right, it will hurt, but in my opinion it's necessary. Eventually it's going to it cause a recession much worse than the last one and likely a depression.
You can't pull new industries and better paying jobs out of thin air, there has to be a demand for that product. Currently we are and have sent many of the jobs that were in those sectors out of the Country. We cannot survive at the level we all expect doing that, you think it's coincidence that drug use has skyrocketed, infrastructure has eroded, more people than ever on Govt assistance all in that same time span? It's all related James, and it comes back to people having decent jobs.

I for one am ready for America to become more 3rd world. Looking forward to it actually. The whining and crying about all the injustice at that point will be wonderful.

Also, NAACP calling for the removal of the national guard in Charlotte is comical. I mean thanks for being civil since they got there which is obviously more important than all the damage you did to bring them in.

People are so damn stupid. I want a civil war, but I guess a WW would do also.

Reactions: MrLair
Donald Trump committed perjury. Or he looked into the faces of the Republican faithful and knowingly lied. There is no third option.

"It has become an accepted reality of this presidential campaign that Trump spins a near-endless series of falsehoods. For months, the media has struggled with this unprecedented situation—a candidate who, unlike other politicians who stretch the truth, simply creates his own reality. Trumps regularly peddles “facts” that aren’t true, describes events that never happened or denies engaging in actions that everyone saw him do. He utters his falsehoods so fast that before reporters have the chance to correct one, he has tossed out five or six more."

"This time, it is different. Trump can’t skip past his perfidy here. There are two records—one, a previously undisclosed deposition of the Republican nominee testifying under oath, and the second a transcript/video of a Republican presidential debate."

OK.

A gay Hillary supporter singing about needing a woman in the White House to clean it. Imagine if a Trump supporter said a woman's job is to clean the house? It would be headline news across all channels. Where's all the sjw's & their faux sexist outrage?

More people not working, more people on food stamps, middle class taking home over $4,000.00 less a year....how is that better?

[roll][roll]A Clinton and leftist supporter talking about someone else telling lies.

LOL

Trump just gave the Clintons, the media and every libtard in America the middle finger. He invited Gennifer Flowers to attend the debate.

Trump trolling level: 9000.

Reactions: MrLair and mdlUK.1
It was created by the idea everyone should own a home, and the law passed to make that possible significantly eased up the ability to get a home loan.
Banks, like with any law it appears found loopholes to make payments on houses increase over time.
Couple that with the fact good jobs were being outsourced and it's a recipe for what we had.
The derivatives may be the same, but loaning practices are MUCH different. You must have 20% down payment, before you just basically proved you had a job and signed your name.

It was a ticking time bomb, and we haven't recovered still. We're in the verge of another one, this one will be as bad or worse than the last one simply because we didn't recover, we put a band aid on it.

The law didn't allow no-docs. Mortgage companies abandoned due diligence since they were just selling the mortgages downstream to brokerages to be turned into mortgage bonds.

The law outlawed red-lining. That's it. It forbade discrimination.

Wow...another weekend surprise that completely caught me off guard:

New York Times endorses Hillary.

Has to be a first.

The law that opened up mortgages dates to 1977. It had 0 effect on the mortgage meltdown. The hyper market emerged as a result of the invention of the mortgage backed bond. That made churning of mortgages profitable.

Moe, ive learned that youre one of a handful of people on here that truly isnt worth replying to.

A common democrat idea is to accuse others of what truly is your faults. Having said that i will say you are truly irredeemable and for your sake, take your own advice and get help.

And yet here we are. Mutually wishing each other to get help. Optimism, ho!

My guess is that every major newspaper in America will endorse Clinton.

And, if that's not a compelling reason to vote Trump, I don't know what could possible be.

I may be stumbling on some convoluted logic here but that might be true in every conceivable part of the multiverse.

A Week of Whoppers From Donald Trump

"All politicians bend the truth to fit their purposes, including Hillary Clinton. But Donald J. Trump has unleashed a blizzard of falsehoods, exaggerations and outright lies in the general election, peppering his speeches, interviews and Twitter posts with untruths so frequent that they can seem flighty or random — even compulsive.

However, a closer examination, over the course of a week, revealed an unmistakable pattern: Virtually all of Mr. Trump’s falsehoods directly bolstered a powerful and self-aggrandizing narrative depicting him as a heroic savior for a nation menaced from every direction. Mike Murphy, a Republican strategist, described the practice as creating “an unreality bubble that he surrounds himself with.”

The law didn't allow no-docs. Mortgage companies abandoned due diligence since they were just selling the mortgages downstream to brokerages to be turned into mortgage bonds.

The law outlawed red-lining. That's it. It forbade discrimination.

It most definitely didn't Moe. Red lining has squat to do with believing everyone has a right to own a home.
The law eased up lending rules, allowing banks to take a bigger risk.

The law that opened up mortgages dates to 1977. It had 0 effect on the mortgage meltdown. The hyper market emerged as a result of the invention of the mortgage backed bond. That made churning of mortgages profitable.

Haha, Jesus Christ Moe, you know damn well the law in the 90's was touted to give every American an opportunity to buy a house.
The law in the 70's was due to interest rates hitting 20%. You know this

Haha, Jesus Christ Moe, you know damn well the law in the 90's was touted to give every American an opportunity to buy a house.
The law in the 70's was due to interest rates hitting 20%. You know this

The law in the 70s that opened up the housing market (Community Reinvestment Act) was passed in 1977. Well before soaring interest rates.

I'm not sure what 90s law you are talking about.

With regard to the Keith Scott shooting video, how come none of the media outlets are asking the very basic question of what did the wife mean when she twice screamed "DONT DO IT KEITH DONT DO IT KEITH" immediately preceding the shots? Was he going to throw his "book" at them?

Also like that she keeps hollering that he doesn't have a weapon (gun with fingerprints was found), what are cops sposed to do? Take her word for it? Ignore what they see in front of them on a wife's word?

There have been some very troubling cases that I can understand protests, that said BLM seems to have a habit of picking the worst cases to back.....starting with the first one which was as off base as humanly possible.

My question is this. She sees the cops surrounding her husband, so the first thing she decides to do is get her phone out and start taping it, while yelling at husband to :don't do it, keith? I would think using your phone to video this would be the LAST thing one would think of.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat

What exactly is Hilary going to do different than Obama has done? If she has known all along how to fix the economy, create jobs, improve education, pay down the debt, make us safer, fix the middle east, then why hasn't she shared all this knowledge with Obama?

The law in the 70s that opened up the housing market (Community Reinvestment Act) was passed in 1977. Well before soaring interest rates.

I'm not sure what 90s law you are talking about.

Clinton rewrote the community reinvestment act in 1995, making it easier for banks to lend money to lower income people.
He also signed the Commodities Futures Modernization Act which exempted credit default swaps from regulation.

What exactly is Hilary going to do different than Obama has done? If she has known all along how to fix the economy, create jobs, improve education, pay down the debt, make us safer, fix the middle east, then why hasn't she shared all this knowledge with Obama?
Well, to be fair, obama doesn't care about doing any of those. He only cares about climate change and stoking the racial fires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT