POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got to go on Fort Belvoir tomorrow...Oh the horror. There is a confirmed case of corona.
89605637_3262652863749093_2274432298470342656_o.jpg

[roll]

The Demosocialcommunists are da_ed if they do and da_ed if they don't... Hope the Ole Hillobat swoops in on her broom stick to save the Demosocialcommunists... [laughing]...

hillary-transparent-animated-gif-17.gif
Biden is thinking about putting Hillary on the ticket as VP. Go ahead Joe. Do it. If you really want to keep the Sanders crowd away from the polls then here's your chance.

Reactions: BBUK
South Korea's mortality rate is under 1%. Why? Presumably because they are basically testing every person they can, as opposed to us and Italy who are only testing those who are already showing symptoms.

I'm not saying anything one way or another, but I do know that 12,000 people died from swine flu in the US in 2009 and I don't remember the economy tanking (more than it was).

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Sigh...

SO many folks who have actual authority, experience, training and education telling you to calm the **** down.

But CatsPaw knows whats up... Bet.

Post your best Lexington Walmart shitter paper fights here.
This. The media and local and state government panic is pretty maddening. We have States declaring a State of Emergency after a single case is discovered. It's ridiculous.

I get it, we all need to be cautious and safe, but focus the resources on protecting the ones at most risk like the elderly and people with other ailments that weaken their immune system. Preventing the lowest risk people from going about their lives and business, or going into a state of panic when someone who will likely recover from the illness is diagnosed, is not the way to do this.

South Korea's mortality rate is under 1%. Why? Presumably because they are basically testing every person they can, as opposed to us and Italy who are only testing those who are already showing symptoms.

I'm not saying anything one way or another, but I do know that 12,000 people died from swing flu in the US in 2009 and I don't remember the economy tanking (more than it was).
Yep. As Scott Adams succinctly said, you have to have a denominator first. Yet, death:infected is being pushed as fact for effect. Also, something so deadly and scary shouldn't need 24/7 coverage from every conceivable media source and from every available angle convincing you how deadly it is and exactly how scared you should be of it. Especially not without discernment. It's a long flipping way from "10% of us are going to die" to "just wash your hands, you're fine", yet, here we are.

Useful idiots are, well, useful.

I'll stack Obama's lies up against the Orange Dump any day.

These were stellar....

"If you've got health care already, and probably the majority of you do, then you can keep your plan if you are satisfied with it. You can keep your choice of doctor. We're going to work with your employer to lower the cost of your premiums by up to $2,500 a year."

"if you've got a health care plan that you like, you can keep it. All I'm going to do is help you to lower the premiums on it. You'll still have choice of doctor. There's no mandate involved."

"Small businesses are not going to have a mandate."

“When somebody says like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back. Well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do? There’s no answer to it"

....and Trump has also told a few himself. But guess what...you have Obama's USA and Trump's USA....one of these pretty much sucked and the other has made your life a helluva lot better.

Thanks for playing.

These were stellar....

"If you've got health care already, and probably the majority of you do, then you can keep your plan if you are satisfied with it. You can keep your choice of doctor. We're going to work with your employer to lower the cost of your premiums by up to $2,500 a year."

"if you've got a health care plan that you like, you can keep it. All I'm going to do is help you to lower the premiums on it. You'll still have choice of doctor. There's no mandate involved."

"Small businesses are not going to have a mandate."

“When somebody says like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back. Well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do? There’s no answer to it"

....and Trump has also told a few himself. But guess what...you have Obama's USA and Trump's USA....one of these pretty much sucked and the other has made your life a helluva lot better.

Thanks for playing.
No doubt. Obama deliberately lied to push through his disaster of a health bill. He is the worst president of my lifetime and FDR was president when I was born. Beating out LBJ and Jimmy Carter for worst is quite an accomplishment Obama.

How's that?

Our cost to produce oil is higher than the current price of oil, which means we will shut down a lot of production. Like oil or not, it’s a major employer and it helped get us out of the Great Recession. So while this will be pretty good for consumers, the damage done to the North American energy sector will be bad.

I work in this industry so I see it first hand. The bad part is that when prices go back up we may have lost capacity.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
It has never been the cause to be self-sufficient. It is actually good we use other countries oil. The key to having our own "uninterruptible" supply is strategic in that it does create American jobs that are not controlled by outside the United States forces, it stops Ole Saudi and others from dictating or at least trying to dictate not so much prices but also policies governing oil production or non-production. (And the related power(s) that correlate with "income production".

There are a host of other reasons that make great sense for America, the least of which when combined with all of the United States other might is controlling the power that we had lost by not having our own resource in this instance.

You might call the Unites States oil a tariff in and of itself. (The United States can use it's own oil as leverage against the world.) I could go on but I hope you get the idea.... (The United States controls what other countries are able to do as we are a tremendous consumer of goods in the world.)

I was going to copy and paste a part of what I am typing about but this link may assist in what I am talking about.

Who is really hurting the most???? .............CHINA...

Gas Prices

Of course you'd have to believe in America first to think this way.

Note: Want to read some fake news? Check back in a while and Ole Booty, RQ, Dion or one of those ilk will soon be posting telling why America is evil and bad or why President Trump is naive or ignorant in his policies.

Note again; Watch what happens IF and I do mean IF President Trump is able to swing production of foreign automobiles in the United States more than they are presently. OR, if he can somehow (This is too much of a long shot maybe) get GM back in the fold of producing the quality vehicles they once did. Ford too but not nearly as much as GM. GM is nearly the reason Toyota is the power it is now in the auto industry. Why? The quality, the quality of what they produce...

Loss of manufacturing has hurt the United States the most. Bring that back (Steel, Aluminum, and others.) and Katie bar the door....
Great post! As I said two days ago, everyone should see Tucker's Friday show's first 10 minutes or how China has us by the short hairs over the goods it manufacture's for us. In particular, China produces 95% of the drugs we use.

Our cost to produce oil is higher than the current price of oil, which means we will shut down a lot of production. Like oil or not, it’s a major employer and it helped get us out of the Great Recession. So while this will be pretty good for consumers, the damage done to the North American energy sector will be bad.

I work in this industry so I see it first hand. The bad part is that when prices go back up we may have lost capacity.
Don't want to lose jobs, but high cost producers always lose out in all business sectors unless the prices are rigged by government. This new low oil price will cause people to figure out how to lower production costs going forward. We didn't have capacity before the price of oil went sky high & we developed capacity to counter that price rise. Capacity WILL come back if fake high prices return.

This. The media and local and state government panic is pretty maddening. We have States declaring a State of Emergency after a single case is discovered. It's ridiculous.

I get it, we all need to be cautious and safe, but focus the resources on protecting the ones at most risk like the elderly and people with other ailments that weaken their immune system. Preventing the lowest risk people from going about their lives and business, or going into a state of panic when someone who will likely recover from the illness is diagnosed, is not the way to do this.
Politicians will do what they believe is in their best interest, public be damned.

Your problem is you have no idea how stupid that statement is.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious......

Ole Booty likes "da" big words....he/she/it animal/vegetable/mineral didn't use one this time so I used one for he/she/it animal/vegetable/mineral...

Come on Booty...you at least smiled a little didn't you??? Smirked? Grinned? Are you sure??? Made me laugh out loud.[laughing]

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious......

Ole Booty likes "da" big words....he/she/it animal/vegetable/mineral didn't use one this time so I used one for he/she/it animal/vegetable/mineral...

Come on Booty...you at least smiled a little didn't you??? Smirked? Grinned? Are you sure??? Made me laugh out loud.[laughing]
Oh the monkey grinder is laughing.

Just looked at Rivals who is online now;

Total: 1,073 (members: 418, guests: 590, robots: 65)

I am almost positive that BootyDiondaRQ and such are not robots or bots.....

That at least is called AI (Artificial Intelligence) They and their ilk claim being intelligent but it just does not compute....[laughing]

Reactions: screwduke1
Oh the monkey grinder is laughing.

Grind this monkey Booty...[laughing] (I tried being a little civil. I mean I do not know you personally, just what you post.) I don't get into getting all that serious when I can neither help nor hurt you....

I'm not saying anything one way or another, but I do know that 12,000 people died from swine flu in the US in 2009 and I don't remember the economy tanking (more than it was).

What you just quoted equates to a mortality rate of .0048% for the United States. Is that what you meant to convey?

Can somebody with more knowledge of how it all works, please explain to me what would happen if we were to tell Saudi Arabia to keep their oil and go to solely self producing and supplying our own oil. The US produces enough for us to be self-sufficient in that regard. I'd be much more inclined to pay over $3 per gallon if I knew it was American oil being used to produce the gas.
The government doesn’t own the oil supply. A barrel of oil produced here goes for sale on the open market and available to the highest bidder.

Ok, so you’d be ok with $3/gal gas...what about $4/gal or more? Once you close the free market then who decides prices from there? If the Saudis are willing to sell oil @ $20/bbl why would a refinery pay 2,3x that for oil?

Yep. As Scott Adams succinctly said, you have to have a denominator first. Yet, death:infected is being pushed as fact for effect. Also, something so deadly and scary shouldn't need 24/7 coverage from every conceivable media source and from every available angle convincing you how deadly it is and exactly how scared you should be of it. Especially not without discernment. It's a long flipping way from "10% of us are going to die" to "just wash your hands, you're fine", yet, here we are.

Useful idiots are, well, useful.
I'm completely convinced now that the Media Fear mongering is an orchestrated effort to tank the economy in hopes of bringing Trump down. People keep saying it's going to be 2008 all over again. No it's not. Once these irrational fears subside, the market will rebound with a vengeance. Much faster than it did after '08.

The government doesn’t own the oil supply. A barrel of oil produced here goes for sale on the open market and available to the highest bidder.

Ok, so you’d be ok with $3/gal gas...what about $4/gal or more? Once you close the free market then who decides prices from there? If the Saudis are willing to sell oil @ $20/bbl why would a refinery pay 2,3x that for oil?

Move to California then.... No thanks

Geez RQ, sooner or later you have to start realizing it may be better to not post and just think your thoughts...

Reactions: duke4life831
What you just quoted equates to a mortality rate of .0048% for the United States. Is that what you meant to convey?
I was just mentioning that South Korea's mortality rate is very low, and it is possibly due to them testing a lot more people, therefore putting the mortality rate in a better perspective.

I'm not saying it will play out like that exactly in the US, just that it's something to remember when huge death numbers get put out there in the media

Reactions: vhcat70 and BBUK
I was just mentioning that South Korea's mortality rate is very low, and it is possibly due to them testing a lot more people, therefore putting the mortality rate in a better perspective.

I'm not saying it will play out like that exactly in the US, just that it's something to remember when huge death numbers get put out there in the media

Yep, using only numbers the U.S. fared much better than S. Korea during that crisis.

We could just increase everyone’s taxes and let the federal government buy everyone’s gas like you want to do with healthcare.

Dear leader is worried about the numbers. Perhaps he wants the panic because he has told all of his buddies to sell short and thus be able to cash in on the fall.
He’s concerned about the numbers so he is doing what he can to suppress the # of known cases...which when someone dies inflates the mortality rate...which incites panic and worry. Add that nobody can believe anything coming from governmental sources because they consistently contradict themselves.

Reactions: IkeCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT