POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roberts blocked the question by Rand Paul on a purely partisan basis. That cannot be denied. His decision was not based on any law. Whistleblowers are federally protected from retaliation in the workplace, but nowhere does it state their identity is to be kept confidential.

Roberts himself stated that he would not break a tie if it occurred because he was an unelected official in a different branch of government than the Senate. Why was this matter different? Because the unspoken truth is the WB coordinated with Schitt to orchestrate a coup attempt against the sitting POTUS.
Not defending Roberts but heard this explained on the radio that McConnell and Schumer met with Roberts at the outset to establish the procedural process that would be followed including the format of the questions as well as acceptable content. I think the question should have been answered but if Roberts wasn't following the protocols established, I think McConnell and other Rs should have spoken up. I don't understand why the Rs would agree to this type of constraint though.

Continue to give in to "Free" stuff and they will never be satisfied and always want more. Eventually, more will be coming out of the pot then going in until the pot is drained. Once the pot is drained, where do we get more money? Lefties?
We're giving free stuff to the tune of $1T/yr deficit now.

In other ky political news, I saw Andy present a budget which woefully underfunds the state retirement to the tune of tens of millions.

83 million to be exact

<Insert surprised face>
How you like this spin zone?

Governors office states they will be short $25 million 84% instead of 93% and Jones says it will be 100% funded, just deciding what bucket it will come out of...hmmm I didn’t see what MJ sees in the article at all.

Last edited:
Not defending Roberts but heard this explained on the radio that McConnell and Schumer met with Roberts at the outset to establish the procedural process that would be followed including the format of the questions as well as acceptable content. I think the question should have been answered but if Roberts wasn't following the protocols established, I think McConnell and other Rs should have spoken up. I don't understand why the Rs would agree to this type of constraint though.

Rand Paul must not have got that memo because he left the Senate chamber immediately and tweeted out his question.

Governors office states they will be short $25 million 84% instead of 93% and Jones says it will be 100% funded, just deciding what bucket it will come out of...hmmm I didn’t see what MJ sees in the article at all.

I just read the article and in typical Matt Jones fashion, he's full of shit. GOP leaders are most certainly criticizing and nowhere in the article does it say where the shortfall will come from. If they knew that, then there wouldn't be a problem, would there, Matt?

California you deserve what you voted for.
76890895_10221585311157199_6831836578885664768_n.jpg

"In their efforts to squeeze every dime they can from the tax farm, bureaucrats in New York have devised a scheme to extort citizens who wish to use public parks to gaze upon the night sky. This extortion comes in the form of a $35.00 “Stargazing permit.“

Oh and not to mention it requires an ID to get. God forbid you need one to vote though.

Oh he's definitely spinning for his pals

A budget is a budget. If they don't know where the money is coming from, then they don't know if they'll have it. Otherwise it would be in there, with the fund source being the only contingent.

If this is his budget, and it isn't allocated, then they aren't accounting for it. That's how it works.

The only time Romney had a sack was in his first debate with Obama. One of the worst beat downs in a debate I can remember. Where in the hell did that Mitt go???!

He went away and was rewarded by money funneling through Ukraine.

Also seeing the nyt paint Romney as some victim is pathetic. Even more pathetic is Romney playing the hapless victim part.

He wouldn't do what Trump did? Romney is way more ruthless than Trump and it really isn't close.

Bain capital literally invests in companies and flips them like homes. He lays off about 25% of the workforce to cut costs. Then increases "efficiency" by another 10-15% by increasing responsibility in the ones left. Then once he gets the books looking nice with that increases margin, they get sold.

Listen I'm not mad about how Romney makes his money. It's actually good business. But it's pretty ruthless. Far from the hapless victim portrayed in that headline

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT