POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But it's still the fault of the police for not pursuing your case. There can be multiple levels of fault in a given scenario

There are two answers to my question. One is right and one is wrong. You did not choose wisely.

You are against people being held responsible for their actions. As Kaiser said, what about the people who have paid back their loans?

What are the reasons these people can't pay back their loans? What kind of lifestyle are they living?

You mention multiple levels of fault, but you are dwelling on multiple levels of reality. People put their dollar in the slot and pull the handle. Don't cry to me when you lose.

There are two answers to my question. One is right and one is wrong. You did not choose wisely.

You are against people being held responsible for their actions. As Kaiser said, what about the people who have paid back their loans?

What are the reasons these people can't pay back their loans? What kind of lifestyle are they living?

You mention multiple levels of fault, but you are dwelling on multiple levels of reality. People put their dollar in the slot and pull the handle. Don't cry to me when you lose.
Agreed!!!

How about some Personal Responsibility?

Taking this a step further...

I have 3 in college right now.

I set up college funds for all 3 from birth; it looks like all 3 will graduate with no debt.

I WOULD LOSE MY EFFIN MIND if the govt absolves other peoples' student loan debt without significant long term repercussions... after I saved for all these years. In this scenario... I'm the loser... and that would be completely unfair.

You are against people being held responsible for their actions..
That's him in a nutshell. Whole topic started when I replied to some of his bitter remarks about loaning agencies being irresponsible and how they should hold the bag basically. Later he shifted to a position of favoring bankruptcy courts, which is certainly nothing new. Along the way he maintains an assertion that he is as "far right" as can be (paraphrasing). I'm pretty sure what he considers a far right conservative is someone with an ability to identify inconsistencies. Whatever. I agreed with part of a post he presented earlier, that it is impractical to expect conventional or traditional methods to serve as a natural remedy for faulty systems that have been unnaturally propped up (paraphrasing again). He used the example of Google and censorship and how it is impractical to expect a competitor to naturally emerge. But given his other remarks and positions (e.g. capitalism is not intended to be a final solution - again, paraphrased), I'm very tempted to believe he has nationalist ideology. And yes, that can be a far-far right . . so far that it goes full circle and ties back with the radical left, and has.

Reactions: ymmot31
This is a coup attempt. Trump should send SEAL Team 6 into the House and arrest these bastards. Charge them with treason. Give them a fair trial. Execute them.

This crap has been way out of hand for a long time and those responsible rarely suffer any repercussions.

Let's make treason a life and death decision, the way it's supposed to be.

Let me be very very clear. If these rats succeed in removing a duly elected president that over 60 million of us voted for they will see the day of the locust in this country. Look it up

I mean...it’s not going to happen. Trump will survive this AND win another term.

But I have to ask..

What exactly would you do if he was removed from office?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
But for the hundreds of thousands of people who can't start a family because they have an eternal, unpayable debt anchored to them, it would certainly make sense.

Here's the crux right here imho... how unpayable is it? Can't start a family, are you sure? Are you unwilling to make necessary sacrifices? What exactly makes it eternal, the interest? We could create tax incentives for that. Who exactly are you hundreds of thousands? we will pay for this problem one way or the other but what's the best solution? Is it one where Nancy Pelosi's daughter (hypothetical, don't know nor care what her family is like) gets to discharge 250k of USC Berkley loans because she turned 26 and can claim independent hardship?

It's just not that simple and there are consequences for rewarding bad behavior and it does actually matter when you are indirectly punishing competency. If you really care about family structure, then you create an environment which the family can plan for and absorb those costs as noted above, and then you catch people who slip through the cracks because of the burden they create otherwise. If the current programs aren't filling the need adequately as you complained then they should be expanded to do so. I don't think there are hundreds of thousands of people who can't actually make it happen if they are financially literate and disciplined, but when/if they are not then sure make those defaults dischargeable in bankruptcy court as a last resort which is in effect we the people absorbing that cost. And then how much additional strain does that put on our banking and economy in the current climate where we are seeing an increase in other defaults and repos.

I recognized from the start you were making a Pat Buchanan like argument, but when you go far right or left it's the political horseshoe and indistinguishable really in practice. I make the same argument against your ideology I do against them. It's not just this or just that, when you claim moral superiority or ability to impose your beliefs on others it's like a dog whistle to me and I really want to figure out if you have something to say of real substance; a way to really take things on in totality. I get triggered you might say because to me it's like this, we have tons of problems that need fixing, but this American way has created an otherwise unimaginable time of peace and prosperity. What improvements can we make without sacrificing what got us here? What unAmerican solutions could work to fix American problems, what are the consequences? That things work in a different time and place is not an argument for this time and place. Maybe a get out of jail free card is the solution, we take the hit and it drives cost down. I somehow doubt it would be that simple in practice. History is however littered with failed ideologies proclaiming moral imperatives.

This is a coup attempt. Trump should send SEAL Team 6 into the House and arrest these bastards. Charge them with treason. Give them a fair trial. Execute them.

This crap has been way out of hand for a long time and those responsible rarely suffer any repercussions.

Let's make treason a life and death decision, the way it's supposed to be.
You are so stupid it hurts.

boo-effing-hoo . . . so desperate to pull this thing together, congressional liberals are attempting to re-craft for all factions of society, government, industry, the meaning and purpose of whistleblower protection. No longer simply just a means to avoid retaliation, but now a guarantee for secret identity. This will fit nicely with their "red flag law" plans . . . where anybody can "blow the whistle" on any of us . . . and we will have to defend ourselves only from the accusations, never from the accuser. It happened to a sitting President first. And the majority of the country favored it, so they will say, as the majority Democrat house now wields this immoral process baselessly, and regardless of whether it has any effect on Trump, successfully.

One day it may be your son, or even daughter, confronted by that red flag law, blind to their accuser, blinded by the accusations, and you can remind yourself how you once favored this process at the highest level, so it could reach down to the lowest . . . YOU. won't you be feeling so smart and virtuous then?

(indirectly intended, Dwayne . . full audience thing)

Last edited:
I prefer Bernie.

77023528_2555947551289811_4155564223918768128_n.jpg

Damn,
it's not about what I would do personally but millions of conservatives would be ready for civil war

How would they carry this out? Go door to door shooting democrats? Just start shooting random poeple until things change? March on Washington and shoot all the politicians? War needs two willing combatants - who would you be fighting?

15% isn't a cut. the middle rate is 12%. if he is talking about the upper rate of 22% it would effect almost nobody. anyone in that tax range should have enough deductions to barely be touched by the rate. He also promised this bullshit twice before, everyone knows he's just full of shit pandering.

Shit pandering like he did with the last tax cut? I'm not going to list all the things he's done that he said he'd do. Not going to list all the things he's tried to do that were blocked by anti-Trump judges.

If says he's going to do it, he really means is he's going to try to do it. He's used to getting his way and that's why he's been successful.

Damn,

How would they carry this out? Go door to door shooting democrats? Just start shooting random poeple until things change? March on Washington and shoot all the politicians? War needs two willing combatants - who would you be fighting?

Yes to all the questions.

Who would we be fighting? Liberals. No liberal left alive. Double tapp'em all. Just in case. Then spit on them.

it's not about what I would do personally but millions of conservatives would be ready for civil war

I sincerely doubt that. Say that’s the case though...

Would you encourage or condemn these said conservatives? I’ve read a lot about this potential civil war - even Trump alluding to it - and I find the notion patently absurd.

The political atmosphere in America has no doubt heightened over the last 10 years, but no one with a functioning brain should be pulling for Americans to kill each other over a damn president who only gets to serve 8 years max. Just my opinion.

Shit pandering like he did with the last tax cut? I'm not going to list all the things he's done that he said he'd do. Not going to list all the things he's tried to do that were blocked by anti-Trump judges.

If says he's going to do it, he really means is he's going to try to do it. He's used to getting his way and that's why he's been successful.
he said he was going to do it last year.....guess what it went nowhere. he just hoped it would get a few votes. Just like the 3x the WH has announced infrastructure week. When you are racking up absurd debt to pay off your millionaire buddies you have nothing left over for normal people needs.

15% isn't a cut. the middle rate is 12%. if he is talking about the upper rate of 22% it would effect almost nobody. anyone in that tax range should have enough deductions to barely be touched by the rate. He also promised this bullshit twice before, everyone knows he's just full of shit pandering.

Remember folks, this is the guys who claimed to pay a 5% effective rate. He’s completely full of shit and ignorant of all things taxes.

He’s poo pooing a nonexistent plan making definitive claims that are even bullshit in his hypothetical world.

MFJ with taxable income of $78,951 is paying a marginal rate of 22%. That sound like middle class to me.

Also, taxes aren’t getting cut again, regardless of what Trump wants. Dems have the house. They’re far more concerned with attacking the rich than they are with actually letting the middle class keep more of the money it earns.
You want to cut taxes during a trillion dollar and rising deficit?. Then cut spending. And that means a huge cut to the military. So no, a tax cut isn't happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT