POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

For the low low price of 300 billion we could 'buy up to 20 years of time to fix the global crisis'...that isn't fix the problem money but we could buy some time.

Sure the worst polluters like China and India won't try at all to help us and their polluting will only get worse...and yes most of this money is basically the Western World giving money to poor countries whose governments are corrupt and only a small fraction will actually go to intended purposes (Russell Kirk was arguing in the 1970's that environmentalism was nothing more than wealth redistribution from rich to poor countries)...

And yes we are already spending untold billions on the problem...but dammit guys this 300 billion will be the difference. Of course they will be saying they need 500 billion more in a few years but that is irrelevant...we must act now!

Sounds more like "line our pockets and we will tell you you have 20 more years, then in 20 years we'll tell you 300 billion wasn't enough, give us another 200 billion and we will give you an extra 10 years, so we can continue this charade into perpetuity.

What about people like me who have only one house? many people (or whatever we’re called this week) have two or more. that’s not right. surely the government could at least give me a small condo. oceanfront. small pool. screened.
So if you're a working stiff, who put his own hard earned money into buying a home, that's on you. but if you're a drugged out heroine addict living (by choice) in a tent under a bridge, "HERE"S YOUR FREE HOME!!"

IMO, what caused WWII was the harsh sanctions that impacted the German people. Their economy was destroyed already but was worsened by the impact of the Great Depression and the "we'll pay you back" type sanctions that were placed on the country by the allies. They felt abused and were ripe for a "leader" that would bring them back to greatness.

This x infinity is the reason we treated Japan entirely differently after wwii. We worked with them, ultimately making allies out of them (at least from a trade perspective)

In dealing with a lot of men with anger issues, their notion is this, "If I can whip you, then you will not give me crap anymore or you'll see things my way". While that may be true for some, I'd bet that approach would not work for 90% of the guys on this board. Most would find a way to continue to fight back.

Truth: People don't give you a hard time or hurt you if they like you. If a guy is giving you crap and you knock his teeth out, that won't cause him to suddenly like you. In fact, for some of us, it makes us want to give more crap, fight back harder and maybe differently. Perfect example today: Some kid is bullied...kid finds a different way to fight back...brings a gun into the fray.

You do not win allies solely by force. Japan knew we could bomb them again. Force. What turned them into allies was our working with them and helping rebuild their economy and nation. We didn't do that with post WWI Germany.

Unfortunate truth: Even this approach will likely not work with muslim countries. No matter which sect you choose to support, they will ultimately turn on you because their religion demands such. Their ultimate goal will always be to eliminate anyone that is not muslim.
Ram, you just made my case sans your diversion about Muslims.

Religion is what people cling to when they have nothing else and it is a tool used by people who desire power. You're allowing a tiny sample of people who claim to follow a religion to paint the others who do the same. You seem to forget that Muslims kill more other Muslims than they do "infidels". For the most part the "leaders" of radical Islamic groups are outcasts who prey on young men who see little hope for their future. They are in many ways like the Christians who followed Hitler.

You should spend some time talking to my boss. His dad was an engineer that built hydroelectric dams around the world. He grew up living in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq as well as other places. He has a lot deeper perspective into various cultures than you or I will ever have. To put a lot into a few words...we are all a lot more alike than different. And that is true regardless of religion or geography.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Exactly why the communists played the long game and decided targeting the schools and locals to convince mentally retarded Americans communism will be good was better than MAD with nukes.

Ideas like Medicare for All are just too goddam stupid to not be planted by people trying to destroy America.
Bill, you're too "goddam stupid" to try and engage in a discussion. You've fallen to warrior-cat level.

You still don't grasp the point, I'm telling you history. Going into a war trying to win hearts and minds or winning the peace is stupid. It will drag out the conflict causing more American soldiers to die in the long run, unnecessarily. For the 10th time, if that's the strategy we don't need to be going in the first place.

You don't have to argue every GD point when it's clear you're wrong.
Then perhaps you should read ram's response. He basically said the same thing I did. Since he's on "your side" maybe you'll open your eyes a little.

Take your own advice about arguing when it's clear you're wrong.

Bill, you're too "goddam stupid" to try and engage in a discussion. You've fallen to warrior-cat level.

Nope. As I said yesterday, there’s 250,000 posts in this thread, and you lefties were making fun of people for actually picking up news in some of those posts.

It’s apparent, as it has been for years, you lefties have no desire to engage in meaningful debate or run the risk that facts and reality don’t conform to your fantasy world.

I really don’t give a shit about your feelings and fantasy world.

Go take your ass to HK and join the protests. Be an agent of change. Or just keep blabbering on a message board. The NBA is in buissnes to make money. They will leave fixing China to super genius Trump. Oh wait he told China he won't talk about HK because he needs a deal and some investigating.

73041810_2536968256521074_8085732000117293056_n.jpg

I have been waiting and holding my breath for over two years waiting on this. The media is really going to circle the wagons now and will do everything in their power to fight with all they have for their beloved Democrat Party. Who knows how this will turn out but putting the heat on and exposing the truth will be worth it all. I bet all of the major news outlets are in closed door sessions to ramp up their attempt to discredit the investigation and make up another hoax.
Of course. I mean, it’s what this ENTIRE ‘secret’ impeachment inquiry is all about as well. Simply trying to get ahead of what they know is coming. And they know exactly what is coming.....because THEY DID IT.

How can the idiot dem VOTERS be so GD gullible?

Secret spies
Secret courts
Secret warrants
Secret whistleblowers
Secret deep state
Secret impeachment hearings

Is this really how y’all want our government to run? Would love serious feedback on all ^^^^^that.

You are missing the point as well. Of course the sanctions imposed on Germany after WW1 caused them frustration, the citizens felt as if they didn't lose the war militarily. Both sides were tired of the attrition. The allies had the upperhand, but Germany was in Belgium and France, they had a negotiated peace.

World war 2 was never going to end with a negotiated truce. The leaders of the govts and military were veterans of WW1, they knew what the mistake was, and weren't going to repeat it again.
Yes, we need to help a defeated enemy back to it's feet after war, but winning a war is also breaking the citizens will to fight. Which is an awful thing to do, and exactly why if the cause of the war doesn't justify that action, then it wasn't worth sending young Americans to die for,.
You are wrong Bill. The day Hitler would have surrendered the war would have ended. Just like the day the Emperor of Japan surrendered. Hitler was mentally ill and was never going to surrender until he was dead. I told you yesterday that the invasion force was on its way to invade Japan because it was highly questionable that they would ever surrender. A high school level understanding of Japanese culture at the time would have told you so. Death was more honorable. It's why they practiced harakiri. It's why they few kamikazes into our war ships. Why Japanese soldiers on remote islands were found still willing to fight into the 1960's.

Nope. As I said yesterday, there’s 250,000 posts in this thread, and you lefties were making fun of people for actually picking up news in some of those posts.

It’s apparent, as it has been for years, you lefties have no desire to engage in meaningful debate or run the risk that facts and reality don’t conform to your fantasy world.

LOL... it's also apparent why righties like to live in their echo chambers, why they try to discredit education and learned people. Why they love the lowly educated. Why you believe in #AlternativeFacts. It's how it can be documented and footnoted that the orange clown has lied 1000s upon 1000s of times and yet you still believe him.

And where did you ever get the idea that myself or anyone else cared about your feeling? When I see ignorance I call it out. Sorry if the shoe fits.

I'll gladly engage anyone in meaningful debate. Unlike you, I actually know the difference between facts and opinions and don't confuse the two. I won't join you in your fantasy world where your opinion becomes a fact. That's what you can't handle.

Of course. I mean, it’s what this ENTIRE ‘secret’ impeachment inquiry is all about as well. Simply trying to get ahead of what they know is coming. And they know exactly what is coming.....because THEY DID IT.

How can the idiot dem VOTERS be so GD gullible?

Secret spies
Secret courts
Secret warrants
Secret whistleblowers
Secret deep state
Secret impeachment hearings

Is this really how y’all want our government to run? Would love serious feedback on all ^^^^^that.
From their own words it is obvious liberals and those who follow this political philosophy do not want a free society. They constantly attack the U.S. Constitution., want to do away with it's amendments, want the government involved in every aspect of our lives and promote a police state. They use the most powerful positions in our government to spread propaganda, lies, omission of the truth and leak falsehoods to their comrades in the media to get this out to the general public.

We are beginning to understand the entire Justice system has been corrupted and made into a political weapon biased to the left. Anyone who challenges this or exposes them will be in their sights to be destroyed. Watch the onslaught against AG Barr in the next days. They will dig up dirt and falsehoods to make his life miserable. But Attorney General Barr is not Jeff Sessions.

You are wrong Bill. The day Hitler would have surrendered the war would have ended. Just like the day the Emperor of Japan surrendered. Hitler was mentally ill and was never going to surrender until he was dead. I told you yesterday that the invasion force was on its way to invade Japan because it was highly questionable that they would ever surrender. A high school level understanding of Japanese culture at the time would have told you so. Death was more honorable. It's why they practiced harakiri. It's why they few kamikazes into our war ships. Why Japanese soldiers on remote islands were found still willing to fight into the 1960's.

No, the allies stated that unconditional surrender was the only surrender they would accept, they would not have accepted less, and in fact they turned it down with Japan. The end result was the allies were not going to allow Germany and Japan to come out of the war intact.
I know that there was an invasion force going to Japan, I never disputed that. The atomic bombs served 2 purposes, the main reason was to prevent American soldiers from dying in an invasion, second was to warn Russia. Whether it be by invasion force or atomic bomb is irrelelavant hundreds of thousands if not more Japanese civilians would've been killed in an invasion too, the question of surrender was unconditional.
The only surrender they had available was unconditionally, the only question was how much beating were they going to take to accept it.

https://blogs.shu.edu/ww2-0/1943/02...nditional-surrender-at-casablanca-conference/

Last edited:
LOL... it's also apparent why righties like to live in their echo chambers, why they try to discredit education and learned people. Why they love the lowly educated. Why you believe in #AlternativeFacts. It's how it can be documented and footnoted that the orange clown has lied 1000s upon 1000s of times and yet you still believe him.

And where did you ever get the idea that myself or anyone else cared about your feeling? When I see ignorance I call it out. Sorry if the shoe fits.

I'll gladly engage anyone in meaningful debate. Unlike you, I actually know the difference between facts and opinions and don't confuse the two. I won't join you in your fantasy world where your opinion becomes a fact. That's what you can't handle.

You are an illiterate dunce.

Just this morning I challenged a poster on his criticism of the Astros firing the assistant GM and said I got that info from a left wing source.

I’ve told you a thousand times I don’t give a shit what Trump says, but care about what he does. Your “lie count” is retarded.

I didn’t say you cared about my feelings. Again, you appear to be illiterate. I said I don’t care about your feelings which is what everyone one of your positions is based on, rather than facts and logic.

And again, I criticized you lefties for refusing to read actual news sources and links. No feelings or opinions, you loony toon illiterate dunce.

Then perhaps you should read ram's response. He basically said the same thing I did. Since he's on "your side" maybe you'll open your eyes a little.

Take your own advice about arguing when it's clear you're wrong.

What side is that? We're talking about history here, and that going to war means going to war. Putting the military in a situation it can win, not trying to play politics along the way. If that's the case we don't need to be sending troops to die.

I'm not wrong, you don't go to war unless you fully go to war. The only lasting peace we've achieved has been doing just that. The failures have been when we do what you're suggesting.

Last edited:

You folks are wasting your time: ignore them and they'll go away.

I've said it before: the board is a much better place without them.

But as I’ve said before, I enjoy calling them dumb and pointing out how stupid they are. I ignore the idiots in really life and vent here.

Reactions: warrior-cat

True. But man it’s hard sometimes. Like seeing someone who is clearly left talking about facts vs opinion.

The left is on the train of 100s of genders, identifying as X, thinking getting sex change surgery actually changes your DNA somehow, men can have babies and periods, destroying lives based on feelings with 0 evidence and ignoring evidence when it’s present if it hurts them. Go look at every left leaning article. They all start like this: OPINION. Because they prefer their opinion to facts.

It’s like watching someone try to push a door open that you have to pull. And eventually you have to say man... come on.

Impeach Barr now trending on twitter.

Trying to keep track here: IMPEACH TRUMP! IMPEACH PENCE!! IMPEACH KAVANAUGH!!! IMPEACH BARR!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

F*cking lunatics with no regard for our republic.

Any of our moderates care to speak out against this insane bullshit? And let me guess, our idiot libs ‘are good with it’?

Can you imagine the lunacy they start spewing once indictments start to be handed down? It’s going to be glorious.

From their own words it is obvious liberals and those who follow this political philosophy do not want a free society. They constantly attack the U.S. Constitution., want to do away with it's amendments, want the government involved in every aspect of our lives and promote a police state. They use the most powerful positions in our government to spread propaganda, lies, omission of the truth and leak falsehoods to their comrades in the media to get this out to the general public.

We are beginning to understand the entire Justice system has been corrupted and made into a political weapon biased to the left. Anyone who challenges this or exposes them will be in their sights to be destroyed. Watch the onslaught against AG Barr in the next days. They will dig up dirt and falsehoods to make his life miserable. But Attorney General Barr is not Jeff Sessions.
NY Times has already started in on Barr, the Democrats will pick up on that today.

Impeach Barr now trending on twitter.

Trying to keep track here: IMPEACH TRUMP! IMPEACH PENCE!! IMPEACH KAVANAUGH!!! IMPEACH BARR!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

F*cking lunatics with no regard for our republic.

Any of our moderates care to speak out against this insane bullshit? And let me guess, our idiot libs ‘are good with it’?

Can you imagine the lunacy they start spewing once indictments start to be handed down? It’s going to be glorious.

I’d sacrifice Trump and Barr if it means we can impeach every single person in the federal government. Just blanket pink slips and return the powers to the states.

Wrong. The invasion was planned as a two prong attack. The first was scheduled for December 1 1945, second phase was March 1 1946. The Japs surrendered in August 1945. The invasion was not only NOT there, but was not on the way either.

Reactions: Bill Derington
You are an illiterate dunce.

Just this morning I challenged a poster on his criticism of the Astros firing the assistant GM and said I got that info from a left wing source.

I’ve told you a thousand times I don’t give a shit what Trump says, but care about what he does. Your “lie count” is retarded.

I didn’t say you cared about my feelings. Again, you appear to be illiterate. I said I don’t care about your feelings which is what everyone one of your positions is based on, rather than facts and logic.

And again, I criticized you lefties for refusing to read actual news sources and links. No feelings or opinions, you loony toon illiterate dunce.
FACT, every country that has universal healthcare spends far less on healthcare than do Americans and most have better outcomes.

FACT, Trump continues to push the false narrative that Ukraine attempted to interfere in the 2016 election despite that narrative being disproven by our intelligence community that actually investigated it and found that interference came from Russia.

I post plenty of facts and you’re deaf, dumb and blind if you don’t acknowledge that 98% of the shit posted on this board is opinion...including that which belongs to you.

I cannot speak for others but I highly doubt that you or any others on this board get their news from more legitimate news sources than myself. That’s my opinion. If you have any facts to dispute it then bring them on.

Felons and less than HS graduate vote Dem 70-80+%.

As for "echo chamber"...6k pages and not one non-tribal post from you (or fuzz).
According to exit polls, 61 percent of non-college-educated white voters cast their ballots for Republicans while just 45 percent of college-educated white voters did so. Meanwhile 53 percent of college-educated white voters cast their votes for Democrats compared with 37 percent of those without a degree.

Yet you want to point to the group who a) can't vote in most states and b) makes up the smallest demographics of voters.

Reactions: Ed323232
If half the stuff is true that's coming out about Paige and strzok, they will be behind bars. Wonder who gets to join them? I noticed Comey hasn't posted some weirdo tweet in awhile

FACT, every country that has universal healthcare spends far less on healthcare than do Americans and most have better outcomes.

FACT, Trump continues to push the false narrative that Ukraine attempted to interfere in the 2016 election despite that narrative being disproven by our intelligence community that actually investigated it and found that interference came from Russia.

I don't think the first is accurate. But I am willing to consider sources you have.

The second is not a fact. It's at best undecided

Ram, you just made my case sans your diversion about Muslims.

Religion is what people cling to when they have nothing else and it is a tool used by people who desire power. You're allowing a tiny sample of people who claim to follow a religion to paint the others who do the same. You seem to forget that Muslims kill more other Muslims than they do "infidels". For the most part the "leaders" of radical Islamic groups are outcasts who prey on young men who see little hope for their future. They are in many ways like the Christians who followed Hitler.

You should spend some time talking to my boss. His dad was an engineer that built hydroelectric dams around the world. He grew up living in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq as well as other places. He has a lot deeper perspective into various cultures than you or I will ever have. To put a lot into a few words...we are all a lot more alike than different. And that is true regardless of religion or geography.
I didn't have to make your case....In fact, I was agreeing with your position taken with Bill D. Let's just cut to the chase. Loving your enemies sounds like a foolish thing to do, but it's the ONLY way to turn an enemy into a friend.

It's not a diversion. My point being this: We will NEVER have 100% dedicated allies from islamic countries. Won't happen. We have seen cases where we've supported one sect only to have them turn on us. Showing goodwill toward them; caring for their children, their poor, etc...are all things we should do. However, we should never mistake the fact that when push comes to shove, they will not be on our side. Do you ever think we can have the same type relationship with Iran that we've enjoyed with post WWII Japan???
I understand there are decent, good muslim people and there are some pretty awful people that claim Christianity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT