How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like that logic.

Would it be reasonable to say I have to sell "a" cake to everyone but I can choose to not sell an "X" themed cake? Whether the X is a religous, gay, straight, whatever themed caked.

Meaning I will sell you a cake, but here are your choices of what themes I will make for you and ones I will not?
blog10754widea.jpg

Reactions: AustinTXCat
This will be my only post on religion I'll make, because I hate talking about it anymore, and it upsets people too much.

Just depends because it still leaves open discrepancy . I don't think a Christian bakery should have to bake a theme cake that has a guy eating out the butthole of another guy. If I were Christian, I'd prolly say no to making that cake. But if some gay guy wants a theme cake with rainbows, and the baker says no, then that could be considered discriminatory.

Not all Christians are bad. A lot of great, great Christians out in this world who are tolerant and love thy neighbor. Do a lot of great work in this world. Those Christians are the awesome Christians. I have many, many of friends like that. But the ones that discriminate and hate based on sexuality and ethnicity, are no better than cow shit.

Religion on the surface looks great, but beneath the sheet, it can be manipulated and bastardized for purely evil and oppressive purposes all while wearing a white, glowing halo.
Willy, I completely agree with your post 100% and I cannot believe I am going to say this part because it is rare. I agreed with Lek's post as well :)

Just for full disclosure. I am an atheist who understands that there will probably never be definitive proof either way, so technically as I understand it, I am agnostic.

Lek's post got me to thinking last night and what it made me think about is about a concept, not the details. I will defer to all the smart people to figure that stuff out.

I am only using a cake as the "item" as it is a good example. My cake shop could have the following rules if I choose:

I would sell to anyone who can legally come into my shop and order a cake. But, I would have a policy of, these are my standard choices (within reason, that is the details stuff I defer to the smart people) and you are free to choose anything you would like.

Now, if you want a custom cake that is against my belief "well, I do not offer that choice but here is a location you might want to try."

Examples

Nazi skinheads
KKK
Westboro Baptist
Whoever

This concept would not force me to proved a custom service that i do not offer due to my beliefs while preventing me from discriminating against a "someone."

I am not discriminating against you, but you cannot force me to do your bidding.

Reactions: Willy4UK
This will be my only post on religion I'll make, because I hate talking about it anymore, and it upsets people too much.

Just depends because it still leaves open discrepancy . I don't think a Christian bakery should have to bake a theme cake that has a guy eating out the butthole of another guy. If I were Christian, I'd prolly say no to making that cake. But if some gay guy wants a theme cake with rainbows, and the baker says no, then that could be considered discriminatory.
I think the cake maker should be made to sell cakes to a gay couple. But,I'm not so sure the cake maker should even be made to make a rainbow cake. The government should not legislate artistry. The gay couple can "gay up" the cake with 2 little grooms or whatever if they want.

Reactions: augustaky1
How does the whore industry in Vegas work (it is legal on the outskirts of Vegas, correct?)? Do whores have to sleep with anyone who wants to sleep with them? Gay/straight/male/female/black/white/yellow/brown/etc?

How does the whore industry in Vegas work (it is legal on the outskirts of Vegas, correct?)? Do whores have to sleep with anyone who wants to sleep with them? Gay/straight/male/female/black/white/yellow/brown/etc?

Bill, you think whores are picky?

If I don't want to serve blacks in my store, I shouldn't have to.

Same argument

Correct.

I don't think you should have to. You business wouldn't last very long, but if you want to refuse to spend your time cooking food for all the white people that want to come into your restaurant, that's your choice.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Bill, you think whores are picky?

I'd imagine a whore would draw the line somewhere. I'm looking forward to the person that seeks the whore out like the people who make it their mission to seek out bakeries and whatnot who don't want to bake them a cake.

I'd imagine a whore would draw the line somewhere. I'm looking forward to the person that seeks the whore out like the people who make it their mission to seek out bakeries and whatnot who don't want to bake them a cake.

Ha ha ha

Best of luck on that. You're looking for a bitch, not a whore.

People aren't forced to provide services to their siblings. So your hypothetical doesn't make any sense.

No. I'll try to put it in simpler terms for you.

A baker who bakes cakes for money cannot refuse to bake a cake for a gay person because they're gay. Can a whore (male or female) who has sex for money refuse to have sex with a person based on race/color/creed/age/sexual orientation?

No. I'll try to put it in simpler terms for you.

A baker who bakes cakes for money cannot refuse to bake a cake for a gay person because they're gay. Can a whore (male or female) who has sex for money refuse to have sex with a person based on race/color/creed/age/sexual orientation?
I understand your question. I am amending it to ask can a whore (male or female) who has sex for money refuse to have sex with a person based on their family relationship?

I think so too. I think whores can be choosy.

Yes. Bill they sleep with anyone. Whores don't care as long as you got the greenbacks. You could have the face of a Chernobyl meltdown and whores don't care.

Yes. Bill they sleep with anyone. Whores don't care as long as you got the greenbacks. You could have the face of a Chernobyl meltdown and whores don't care.
Exactly. If whores will bang Charlie Sheen then they will bang their black gay transgendered cousin.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Not really. Political correctness is more of a left leaning discrimination tactic. It is used to cover their hate for certain elements.
Yes it is. They use it to shout down anyone they disagree with. But there are a lot of folks on the far right who now think they can get away with saying racist/bigoted shit by playing the politically correct card.

Yes it is. They use it to shout down anyone they disagree with. But there are a lot of folks on the far right who now think they can get away with saying racist/bigoted shit by playing the politically correct card.
No, those that are that way on the right really never cared anyway and say what they want.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Former 8-term US congressman Mickey Edwards, writing in Politico: "Trump's Giant Convention Con"

And now he wants to convince voters and the press that somehow that amounts to a victory. Some of Trump’s opponents have described his campaign, with its exaggerations and outright lies, as a giant con game. Now he’s trying to pull off the greatest con of all, arguing that even if he fails to win the requisite number of delegates, he should nonetheless be awarded the nomination. He’s basing this argument on a lead he got because of the large number of other candidates dividing the vote during the early primaries—and also because the opposition to him was so great that voters couldn’t decide who would be the best candidate to put an end to his megalomania-driven campaign.

WILL OF THE PEOPLE!

When riots (violence?) break out on the convention floor in Cleveland, just remember what Will Of The People looks like these days.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
2nd amendment rights are being threatened in this years GOP convention in Cleveland. Apparently, lawful concealed carry licence holders are being told they will have to leave their guns at home if they plan to be inside the convention hall.

A petition to allow guns is making some headway, however, with more than 25,000 signatures as of tonight.

"This is a direct affront to the Second Amendment and puts all attendees at risk," the petition says. "By forcing attendees to leave their firearms at home, the RNC and Quicken Loans Arena are putting tens of thousands of people at risk both inside and outside of the convention site."

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and attendees will be able to have weapons with them when the convention gets down to business.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ublican-national-convention-cleveland-n546076

But if some gay guy wants a theme cake with rainbows, and the baker says no, then that could be considered discriminatory.

It would seem beyond all fantasy that a farmer would be approached by, say, a Rabbi, and asked to produce a crop or raise livestock according to strict Kosher law. A private farmer will obviously say no, get off my farm, even though the farmer is publically subsidized and the Rabbi is a tax paying citizen. The farmer would be allowed to refuse, and never would any process of wrongful discrimination be considered. The farmer has every right to say I don't make cakes that way, effectively saying I don't do business with Jews.

The Rabbi might say, where do you sell your crops and livestock? How do you decide what crops to grow? What livestock to raise? The farmer might say it's none of your business, but since you asked there's 4 or 5 grain buyers in the immediate area that I might sell to depending on who has the best price per bushel or who might be have the best gun raffle at their tobacco buy, and I've been known to haul my hogs as far as Peoria in the winter because I got a buddy up there I got to South Dakota with to shoot pheasants and I don't like you. End of story.

Yet somehow the completely private baker is held to a higher community standard than the publically subsidized farmer. Yet somehow the homosexual has a greater "need" than a respectable Rabbi.

The Rabbi has resources available to him to satisfy his Kosher needs without intruding on individual farmers. He is expected to do that and he does do that. The homosexual has resources available to him to satisfy his needs. It's called Wal-Mart and a host of other options without intruding upon individual bakers and other small business. Yet somehow we have been corrupted into this belief that homosexuals are "special" and that each of us bears a unique responsibility to ensure their living experiences are without any form of inconvenience or error, thereby exist conditions in which they have the option to prey upon us individually, calculatedly if they so choose, a soft form of terror, putting us at risk each time we fail to "satisfy them."

Kopi are you trying to say that rainbows are the equivalent to Kosher food? Not sure I understand that post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT