POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's simply false. It was definitely not a blue wave. 35 loses in the House is dead at average for a first term president midterm election. Clinton loss 57. Obama loss like 63.

On the other the hand first term midterm president gaining Senate seats has only happened 5 times in 105 years. It never happens. Rs gaining this year marked the sixth time in 106 years.

That's simply false. It was definitely not a blue wave. 35 loses in the House is dead at average for a first term president midterm election. Clinton loss 57. Obama loss like 63.

On the other the hand first term midterm president gaining Senate seats has only happened 5 times in 105 years. It never happens. Rs gaining this year marked the sixth time in 106 years.
Is that you Don??

If numerical facts are named Don then sure that's me. 30- 35 seat loss in a first term president midterm is average and what's expected. No amount spin can change that.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what's correct but seems to me you're doing all the spin. It clearly says "Dem Net Gains".

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what's correct but seems to me you're doing all the spin. It clearly says "Dem Net Gains".
If you say so. It's a well known statistical fact that the average is a loss of 30-35 House seats and 5 Senate seats. Trump loss 35 House and gained in the Senate. Trying to characterize it as a blue wave is the spin.

I expect an American president to pay his respects for the ultimate sacrifice of American soldiers. You would have crucified a President in the other party for the same inaction.
It wasn't his call. If Marine 1 can't fly then it can't fly. That's the pilot's call. Motorcade was out of the question. It was 100 mile round trip. Traffic shut down for 4 hours. Lack of security etc. That's Secret Service's call

O'Donnell (MSNBC) is a Trump hating liberal through and through. She's on the ground in Paris. Like I said you can keep linking Rather if it makes you feel better though. Orange man bad.

Reactions: augustaky1
But they still only won 35 total. That's average. And they lost in the Senate. That's history defying.

If you go by net gain then you could consider winning only 2 seats a blue wave if all they needed to flip the House was 1 seat.
That's what it says! lol

I thought it was 23 to flip the house. That's why I thought they had no shot.

I'm linking someone who is on the ground in Paris traveling with the press pool. She's also not exactly a pro Trump source. Rather is a hater who will gladly report fake news if it's bad for Trump.

You're also linking a post from an ignoramus who doesn't realize the weather can be bad one place but be sunny and fine 50 miles away. And on top of that it wasn't even the right place in the photo. Merkel and Macron weren't even there.

That's what it says! lol

I thought it was 23 to flip the house. That's why I thought they had no shot.
Is Wapo unbiased enough for you?

If the midterms were a referendum, Trump won

Historically speaking, Democrats delivered a thoroughly average result in their first round as Trump’s opposition. Going all the way back to the Civil War, there were only two instances when a new party seized the presidency but didn’t lose seats in the House during their first midterm elections

Even including the two outliers, the average attrition during a party’s inaugural midterms is 35 House seats; excluding these two exceptions, the average loss is 41. Regardless of which number we run with, Trump could end up performing better than average in preserving his party’s influence in the House. He performed much better than his last two Democratic predecessors: Bill Clinton lost control of both chambers in the 1994 midterm elections. Barack Obama saw historic losses in the House in 2010, and lost seats in the Senate as well — the most sweeping congressional reversal in 62 years.

Yet, not only did Trump suffer far less attrition than Obama or Clinton in the House, his party will gain in the Senate. In other words, there did not seem to be a thorough rebuke of Trump. In fact, there was little exceptional in the results at all, beyond the fact that they were so very normal.

I'm linking someone who is on the ground in Paris traveling with the press pool. She's also not exactly a pro Trump source. Rather is a hater who will gladly report fake news if it's bad for Trump.

You're also linking a post from an ignoramus who doesn't realize the weather can be bad one place but be sunny and fine 50 miles away. And on top of that it wasn't even the right place in the photo. Merkel and Macron weren't even there.
So you will only use a hater if it proves your point?? And this excuses the president when in fact if this had been a democrat you would have been incensed? Swell.

Stop fighting over the winner of a game that is not over yet. They are still counting votes and if they allow them to steal elections then yes that is referendum for Trump losing if he allows it to happen.

Now for the "pour weather". Was there an attempt thwarted on the life of Macron? If so did the Intel hit the Marine 1 weather channel before take off? Probably just a big conspiracy theory until your president's brains are splattered across the back of a black convertible.

Notice all the political hacks coming to bash POTUS for not meeting his maker. Plan A busted.

Is Wapo unbiased enough for you?

If the midterms were a referendum, Trump won

Historically speaking, Democrats delivered a thoroughly average result in their first round as Trump’s opposition. Going all the way back to the Civil War, there were only two instances when a new party seized the presidency but didn’t lose seats in the House during their first midterm elections

Even including the two outliers, the average attrition during a party’s inaugural midterms is 35 House seats; excluding these two exceptions, the average loss is 41. Regardless of which number we run with, Trump could end up performing better than average in preserving his party’s influence in the House. He performed much better than his last two Democratic predecessors: Bill Clinton lost control of both chambers in the 1994 midterm elections. Barack Obama saw historic losses in the House in 2010, and lost seats in the Senate as well — the most sweeping congressional reversal in 62 years.

Yet, not only did Trump suffer far less attrition than Obama or Clinton in the House, his party will gain in the Senate. In other words, there did not seem to be a thorough rebuke of Trump. In fact, there was little exceptional in the results at all, beyond the fact that they were so very normal.
I don't have favorite publications. I do follow some writers that are not on Infowars though.

So you will only use a hater if it proves your point?? And this excuses the president when in fact if this had been a democrat you would have been incensed? Swell.
No I'm only pointing out that she's a hater so she has zero reason to defend Trump and be attacked by the mob. She's there on the ground. She's knows exactly what happened.

And you don't have a clue about how I would have been. If M1 pilot says he can't fly and SS says he can't motorcade then what choice is there? You can't accept that the outrage is fake. There couldn't possibly be a logical reason. It's Trump so it has to be bad.

Last edited:
AZ race is over, Sinema has it won.

Tough loss for McSally if the lead holds, but Maricopa still has 350K (150K mail-in, 200K election day) more votes to count, plus statewide unverified mail-in ballots are in play now (estimated around 10K statewide). Election day turnout was heavy Republican so the 200K election day votes should favor McSally.

Also, from what I've seen out of AZ, everything looks to be on the up and up. It's nothing like what's going on in Florida. Unaccounted for votes aren't magically appearing out of nowhere with zero explanation. AZ is just slow counting the votes. They always are.

Maricopa reported their final ballot tally on election night. Everyone knows exactly how many ballots were cast, exactly how many that have been counted so far, and exactly how many that still need to be counted. So, if more than that tally are counted and turned in, then everyone will know that something doesn’t add up.

The beef from Republicans was that Maricopa tried to be sneaky and continued to try to verify mail-in ballot signatures after the polls closed while none of the rest of the counties were. They all stopped when the polls closed. The Republican argument was that it disenfranchised voters in the rest of the state and wasn't fair.

A judge agreed and has given the entire state until the 14th to verify signatures on reported mail-in ballots only (those not reported in the final election night tally can't be included), so this race still has a long way to go.

the snowflake tears are funny.

45887170_2261349100749659_7633399788397920256_n.jpg

Crazy to see so many people advocating for the president's death.

"I don't give a shit if it's impossible for the helicopter to fly in that weather, id prefer he try it and crash. Or at the very least take a trip by car likely further than a president has driven by car in decades. At least that will give people a good chance to attack the motorcade. "

Shameful.

But at least it distracts from them stealing various elections.

Crazy to see so many people advocating for the president's death.

"I don't give a shit if it's impossible for the helicopter to fly in that weather, id prefer he try it and crash. Or at the very least take a trip by car likely further than a president has driven by car in decades. At least that will give people a good chance to attack the motorcade. "

Shameful.

But at least it distracts from them stealing various elections.
eek.gif

Were these remarks made on CatsIllustrated forums?

Reactions: warrior-cat

California is a GD tinderbox by design.

Cali's made major budget cuts to fire prvention and safety in the past 1.5 years. Moonbeam Brown cut over $100million in funding to fire and prevention due to the end of the drought. No shit. Besides that, in the past year alone, they've reduced or eliminated programs for prison worker brush cleanup, public exposure and firebreak safety training, helicopter flyovers looking for hot spots, firebreak installs and maintenance and tree line and underbrush cleanup. These cuts are likely due to that state being broke as a fvck from scores of other bad polices.

As a result, Cali has had nearly 7,600 fires this year alone, eclipsing the yearly average by over 2000 fires. More fires this year than in the drought years preceding it.

Most of these changes happened after March 6th, the day their funding was stopped for supporting sanctuary cities and Sessions filed that lawsuit against them.

Cali is $426 BILLION in debt.

Shit stinks. Pass the federal relief funds, please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT