POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im gonna have to see some data before I believe 40% of the registered voters are independent.

And no, it doesn't mean you have to go vote for your nominee. It means you should vote, not necessarily by party line. The GOP proved that when there were enough votes cast for Perot to allow Bill to win his first term.
I think he posted a graph a few pages back, which we all know is definitive proof.

No, it ain't likely, it is as remote as Ben Carson's nomination chances. FBI doing real work, but Obama's Justice Dept wants nothing to happen. How do I know, because these 2 words have not and will not ever be mentioned with HIllary's Email Story: Grand Jury. Only if a grand jury is impaneled can subpoenas be issued, people be put under oath, indictments be issued.

And the current AG ain't doing that, because Hillary winning means she gets to keep her job after 1/20/17. And the current WH occupant aint gonna get a special prosecutor, because THAT would mean all his unconstitutional executive action "accomplishments" are wiped clean come 1st quarter 2017. Bye bye legacy, nuh uh can't do that.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...es_mean_painful_legal_choices_for_doj_wh.html

Food for thought.

Was that the one where the author basically said they couldn't find everyone, so they projected numbers and passed them off as fact?
Its a graph, it automatically means its true. Learn forum post/arguments.

s2JlKgF.png

Nice article, but the author fails to recognize this is the Obama cartel we are talking about. There is no act of wiping his ass with the Constitution that has proven painful for the man or his contemptible band. the DOJ has *ALREADY* declined to prosecute Hillary's daughterlike adviser Huma Abdeline, who had slam-dunk unquestioned embezzlement of government funds case presented by the FBI.

so Obama's going to sit back and let the DOJ indict Hillary, and watch the GOP (whoever it might be) take the White House and erase all his flimsy unconstitutional 'accomplishments' away with a pen & a phone? Lynch is going to throw away her chance of remaining AG in a Hillary Administration? Anyone who really thinks either party will act against their best interest are fools.

I agree with you JHB. Just thought the article was interesting. At best, they could lose the PR battle with this story.

I can't believe we get to see this country's downfall first-hand and see it become a one party country. These are the consequences of allowing liberals to take over the media, academia, putting out terrible candidates and not protecting borders.

I can't believe we get to see this country's downfall first-hand and see it become a one party country. These are the consequences of allowing liberals to take over the media, academia, putting out terrible candidates and not protecting borders.

Yep, March 1, 2016 will go down as the day the Republican Party as we have always known it, ceased to exist for intents and purposes. Unfortunately, just like in Iraq, whatever replaces it is likely to be much worse.

Yep, March 1, 2016 will go down as the day the Republican Party as we have always known it, ceased to exist for intents and purposes. Unfortunately, just like in Iraq, whatever replaces it is likely to be much worse.

This thinking is what's wrong with both parties, just because a person you don't like personally gets the GOP/DEM nomination doesn't make him/her more or less political then you.

When both parties go nuts over ONE candidate and all the old, lifetime politicians on both sides are begging to get that candidate out of the race, then it may be the one that we need.

The people that are having such a problem with Trump are the rich, GOP politards that have been lifetime politicians, the real problem with both parties.

If Hilary is MORE OBAMA and Trump isn't GOP as usual, then he gets my vote because what is currently going on isn't working.

This thinking is what's wrong with both parties, just because a person you don't like personally gets the GOP/DEM nomination doesn't make him/her more or less political then you.

When both parties go nuts over ONE candidate and all the old, lifetime politicians on both sides are begging to get that candidate out of the race, then it may be the one that we need.

The people that are having such a problem with Trump are the rich, GOP politards that have been lifetime politicians, the real problem with both parties.

If Hilary is MORE OBAMA and Trump isn't GOP as usual, then he gets my vote because what is currently going on isn't working.

What's not working today? I'm kinda lost.

So why is everyone afraid to ask this question? If you want things to change, then we need to change this PC, liberal rhetoric.

Where is the white BET, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson?

BTW, I have never been known by anyone to be racist, as I sure I will be called by some. I don't identify with one political party much more then the other. We can't change what happened pre 1865, anyone saying otherwise or wanting something for that is the true racist. There is right and there is wrong, throw political correctness out the window and let's see who can be REAL and HONEST.
Where is the white bet? Hahaha Are you effing joking? Please tell me you are.

Reactions: -LEK-
If Trump is the Republican nominee he is going to need someone with real political experience as a running mate and that certainly isn't Carson.
Rick Scott of Florida or John Kasich of Ohio come to mind. I think carrying Ohio would be huge. Remember, the Repubs can't lose Ohio, Florida or Virginia - win those 3 and it's almost a certain win.

Rick Scott of Florida or John Kasich of Ohio come to mind. I think carrying Ohio would be huge. Remember, the Repubs can't lose Ohio, Florida or Virginia - win those 3 and it's almost a certain win.

You mean the Bernie Madoff of American Governors?

If Trump is the result of the playbook having been re-written as to how to win the Republican nomination, then yes. But most feel this is a reaction/overreaction to Obama.

Im gonna have to see some data before I believe 40% of the registered voters are independent.

And no, it doesn't mean you have to go vote for your nominee. It means you should vote, not necessarily by party line. The GOP proved that when there were enough votes cast for Perot to allow Bill to win his first term.

How does this work for you?

"PRINCETON, N.J. -- In 2015, for the fifth consecutive year, at least four in 10 U.S. adults identified as political independents. The 42% identifying as independents in 2015 was down slightly from the record 43% in 2014. This elevated percentage of political independents leaves Democratic (29%) and Republican (26%) identification at or near recent low points, with the modest Democratic advantage roughly where it has been over the past five years."

"PRINCETON, N.J. -- In 2015, for the fifth consecutive year, at least four in 10 U.S. adults identified as political independents. The 42% identifying as independents in 2015 was down slightly from the record 43% in 2014. This elevated percentage of political independents leaves Democratic (29%) and Republican (26%) identification at or near recent low points, with the modest Democratic advantage roughly where it has been over the past five years."

I'm sorry, I'm not buying that bullshit Fuzz.

I bet the registration says otherwise. If this is true. I would think they asked people WHO are registered to a party and they answered saying "Independent" because after Obama, I would too.

You must be black, no offense or anything, but that response comes from a black person 99.9% of the time.

What does it matter what he is race wise...he asked you a simple question. Where is the white BET....are you seriously asking that question? Cause most people who ask stupid questions as such are usualy racist to begin with.

If Trump is the result of the playbook having been re-written as to how to win the Republican nomination, then yes. But most feel this is a reaction/overreaction to Obama.

Is that really the general feeling?

I don't pay attention to this shit enough at this point because I'm confident asshole who's going to be shitty for the country will be elected, and I'm not going to waste my energy worrying about which one.

But isn't Trump more of a response to Republicans being tired of the Republican party than anything having to do with Obama?

I'm a registered Republican, but would call myself independent. I registered when I was 18 and have since grown to hate the Republican party. I'm just too lazy to go change the registration because it doesn't matter.

So why is everyone afraid to ask this question? If you want things to change, then we need to change this PC, liberal rhetoric.

Where is the white BET, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson?

BTW, I have never been known by anyone to be racist, as I sure I will be called by some. I don't identify with one political party much more then the other. We can't change what happened pre 1865, anyone saying otherwise or wanting something for that is the true racist. There is right and there is wrong, throw political correctness out the window and let's see who can be REAL and HONEST.
Nice edit

And it's still stupid

Reactions: DaBossIsBack

I bet the registration says otherwise. If this is true. I would think they asked people WHO are registered to a party and they answered saying "Independent" because after Obama, I would too.

Yep. Its a sly, subtle difference. 40% of the people polled said they IDENTIFIED as independent. Not they were registered as such.

Even so, Id love to see the methodology that resulted in a poll that resulted in less than 30% identifying with either party. Thats just not representative, at all. If I had to guess, Id say anything around 25% or less would be accurate.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Best bet is for the Libertarian party to take over the Republican party. I think it will within 20 years. Or the Libertarians will fully merge back into the Republicans as soon they take on Libertarian's policies.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying that bullshit Fuzz.

Willy, the poll dates back to 1988 and at it's lowest point still 30+% identified as independent. Were they worried about Obama between 1988 and 2007?

Yep. Its a sly, subtle difference. 40% of the people polled said they IDENTIFIED as independent. Not they were registered as such.

Even so, Id love to see the methodology that resulted in a poll that resulted in less than 30% identifying with either party. Thats just not representative, at all. If I had to guess, Id say anything around 25% or less would be accurate.
Where did I ever say anything about how people registered? When it comes to general elections you get to vote for whoever is on the ballot...or you can write-in someone.

Tell us your methodology... below is the methodology used for what I cited. If you had read the link it was at the bottom.

Survey Methods
Results for this Gallup poll are based on combined data from telephone interviews conducted throughout 2015, with a random sample of 12,137 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±1 percentage point at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting.
Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 60% cellphone respondents and 40% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods.

Willy, the poll dates back to 1988 and at it's lowest point still 30+% identified as independent. Were they worried about Obama between 1988 and 2007?

Identify vs registered is a whole new different ball game.

There were gays who were registered married, but identified as gay.

Registered=Objective
Identified=Subjective

Best bet is for the Libertarian party to take over the Republican party. I think it will within 20 years. Or the Libertarians will fully merge back into the Republicans as soon they take on Libertarian's policies.

That would be the best bet. I just dont see it happening. The evangelicals and libertarians can never coincide imo. They may join together in the general to vote against a Dem, but theyll never really be on the same page.

Where did I ever say anything about how people registered? When it comes to general elections you get to vote for whoever is on the ballot...or you can write-in someone.

Tell us your methodology... below is the methodology used for what I cited. If you had read the link it was at the bottom.

Survey Methods
Results for this Gallup poll are based on combined data from telephone interviews conducted throughout 2015, with a random sample of 12,137 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±1 percentage point at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting.
Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 60% cellphone respondents and 40% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods.

It just doesnt make sense. Maybe it was in the form/phrasing of the questions. Another possibility is the responders not answering honestly. Otherwise, the recent general elections wouldnt be nearly as close as theyve been in terms of popular vote.

Is that really the general feeling?

I don't pay attention to this shit enough at this point because I'm confident asshole who's going to be shitty for the country will be elected, and I'm not going to waste my energy worrying about which one.

But isn't Trump more of a response to Republicans being tired of the Republican party than anything having to do with Obama?
I think it's Obama provoking anger, and also R's not standing up to Obama. Any R winning the White House will be better for the party than the alternative (even Trump). But if Hillary wins expect more anger, and a further rightward shift, imo.

Identify vs registered is a whole new different ball game.

There were gays who were registered married, but identified as gay.

Registered=Objective
Identified=Subjective

Willy, you're way off on this one. To start with, 20 states don't ask you to register with a party. They are open states that whenever there is a primary you go vote and you tell them which ballot you want.

If you are gay, you are gay...doesn't matter if you entered into a heterosexual marriage or not. There is nothing subjective about it.
If you don't base your vote on party affiliation then you're pretty much an independent. Who you identify with is 1000 times more accurate than with party you register. 53.9% of Kentuckians are registered as Democrats but Kentucky is considered a bright red state when it comes to Presidential politics.

It just doesnt make sense. Maybe it was in the form/phrasing of the questions. Another possibility is the responders not answering honestly. Otherwise, the recent general elections wouldnt be nearly as close as theyve been in terms of popular vote.

So for 27-28 years people consistently lie in random/anonymous polling?

The question asked was "In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent?"

There is a former two-term Republican governor from a traditionally deep blue state who balanced the budget, slashed the scope of government while maintaining key services, left office very popular, and started his own successful business before running for President.

He will receive < 1% of the vote

America deserves Clinton or Trump IMO

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I think it's Obama provoking anger, and also R's not standing up to Obama. Any R winning the White House will be better for the party than the alternative (even Trump). But if Hillary wins expect more anger, and a further rightward shift, imo.
The further right the GOP goes just solidifies the Democrats in the White House for longer and longer. The fact that HRC could and probably will win the election should tell you that as there aren't many worse candidates that the Democrats could put forth.
People hate lying and corruption but they hate lying and corruption with the self-proclaimed blessings of God even more.

^ LOL.

Meanwhile Dems

- Import votes by bringing in government dependent people (Mexicans and Muslims)
- Demonize Republicans for wanting to protect their borders
- Creates social division and hostility toward anyone who isnt a cheerleader for LGBT
- Demonizes people for not wanting to give their country up like many places in Europe have done
- Promises the world to the lazy and demonizes success
- Indoctrinates naive and impressionable young people who haven't experienced the real world yet and parrots what your professors brainwashed them to say and think
- Silence anyone who tries to share a different point of view and then calls the differing opinion "hate speech."

What you guys have is the best PR firms imaginable...the media and academia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT