POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you better go research when all the mental institutions were closed and who was the defunded them. Spoiler alert...Ronald Reagan.

Lol. What a crock of shit

Actuslly, politicians were misled ...BY SCIENTISTS and psychiatrists long before Reagan took office.

The decline began after ww2 when soldiers were bein rehabilitated and returned to their jobs. This led to people believing the community could better rehab people than being locked away. They didn't realize that nearly 2/3 of patients were widowed or divorced with no where to go.

Entitlements also played a huge role in reducing the number in mental Institutions. Medicaid and Medicare passed in 65? This led to a huge shift from state institutions to private nursing homes. Add to that SS, food stamps, disability etc etc and a large portion now had the means to live on the streets.

Into the 70s, the system had become so convoluted that it was too confusing to navigate..you had short term, long term, nursing homes, CMHCs, outpatient etc etc.

Then Carter came along.. and we saw an early example of political correctness run amok . Carter changed it from "mental illness" to "mental health" and established by executive order the Presidents commission on mental health. This began the emphasis on the role of the environment and social conditions instead of treating the severe and persistent psychiatric disorders.

Carter and his ilk had to basically go on a campaign tour for their new program.. they had 4 campaign events...which led to a whole bunch of crap that didn't focus on treating the severely mentally ill..
When they released their first report, it stated "that mental health problems were not limited merely to those with mental illnesses and psychiatric disorders but also included people suffering the effects of various societal ills such as poverty and discrimination based on race, sex, class, age, and mental and physical handicap."

Institution patients were reduced by 30% while Carter was in office. And had become very few compared to the 50s and earlier.

Social justice liberald basically killed the mental health care in this country.

Here's a little tidbit on how scientists misled and pushed for an over reliance on drugs and were wrong on this issue...sound familiar?
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/science/how-release-of-mental-patients-began.html?pagewanted=all

27868061_1722447417793729_2832515019035325854_n.jpg

Reactions: thabigbluenation
I'm going to say it again, the biggest threat to our country and our way of life is allowing some slug who lives in government provided housing and eats government provided food, to have the same voice with a vote as someone who works for a living and creates the money that funds the government.

It's like giving a thief a say in what type of tv I buy before he steals it.

Why did this happen? Little brother syndrome is exactly how it happened. Trying to eclipse THE state school in a forced, illegal and non-organic manner. I mean, just for starters.

Bozich needs to buy a mirror and search all those lines of insecurity for answers.

They came real close at one time to being the University of Kentucky at Louisville.

Reactions: FusterCluck
His tweet doesn't even make any sense. You don't investigate a president because the country got attacked while they are in office. Only the GOP uses this kind of stupid logic, aka Benghazi. When Bush let 3000 people get killed was the Dems first response, investigate him?! Even the 9/11 commission was led by a republican. We expect the guy currently sitting in the chair to do something about it. Congress gave him a sanctions bill and he said "no thanks, i don't think Russia did anything". Obama didn't do much, kicked out the diplomats and confiscated property, Trump thought that was even going to far. It's pretty sad that anytime Trump thinks about doing or saying anything his first thought is "how do I link Obama to this because Im incapable of taking responsibility or having independent thoughts".

His tweet doesn't even make any sense. You don't investigate a president because the country got attacked while they are in office. Only the GOP uses this kind of stupid logic, aka Benghazi. When Bush let 3000 people get killed was the Dems first response, investigate him?! Even the 9/11 commission was led by a republican. We expect the guy currently sitting in the chair to do something about it. Congress gave him a sanctions bill and he said "no thanks, i don't think Russia did anything". Obama didn't do much, kicked out the diplomats and confiscated property, Trump thought that was even going to far. It's pretty sad that anytime Trump thinks about doing or saying anything his first thought is "how do I link Obama to this because Im incapable of taking responsibility or having independent thoughts".

The substance isn't the interesting point. The fact he called out his AG is, imo

Him "calling out" his AG is the dumbest things he consistently does. Do something about it.

More importantly, I'm interested to hear more of Platinum's thought's on Bush allowing 3,000 Americans to die. Did the Jews blow up the towers? WTC 7?

Is it just me or is this latest shooting getting 100x the attention than any of the previous incidents? Just saw that all MLB teams will wear the school hat for the first week of spring training. I don’t remember any other shootings garnering this much sympathy/attention, at least publicly.
People are finally actually getting sick of this happening and nothing being done about it. Not even some kind of token discussion in congress, just complete inaction. They could at least pretend to care and have floor debate. At least even Trump is pretending to care by offering up bump stocks even though we all know in a week it will never get talked about again. People with a heart want politicians to take their "thoughts & prayers" and shove it.

The substance isn't the interesting point. The fact he called out his AG is, imo
That isn't interesting, that's him admitting to the fact he is terrible at hiring for every position and has an incompetent AG. Fire the useless idiot and move on, quit with the passive aggressive bullshit. Do we have Hillary wearing a disguise in office?

UK fans are funny. They buy the FBI investigation with Pitino and all his exploits with Sypher but are having none of that with Trump and the Russian cyber attack. [roll]

I believe Obama is linked into it because he was President, was in charge and had his people running the show while Russia "attacked". Wild guess though.

Reactions: ymmot31
UK fans are funny. They buy the FBI investigation with Pitino and all his exploits with Sypher but are having none of that with Trump and the Russian cyber attack. [roll]
Sounds like it will end up with similar results as well...Sypher and Russians charged - Pitino and Trump roll on with all of their New York charm and grace.

Btw, I think UK fans thought Pitino should've been fired over morality clauses...not criminal matters. She willingly accepted his payoff and then tried to extort him for more.

I believe Obama is linked into it because he was President, was in charge and had his people running the show while Russia "attacked". Wild guess though.

The Obama administration was/is using a fake story book and the Russian bullshit to spy on a POTUS candidate in an attempt to undermine the democratic process and peaceful transfer of power in the United States.

At the same time, they were actively ignoring Russians trolling on the internet, which is now apparently a crime that warrants a special investigator's attention.

So yes, Obama deserves every bit of criticism sent his way. You can't use the Russian narrative in an attempt to undermine democracy, all while ignoring apparent criminal internet trolling.

Bush was in charge and running the show and know what republicans did? Investigated everyone but Bush, re-elected him, let him prove his incompetence by tanking the economy. Bush was warned something was coming, 3000 Americans died, Muslims did it. 7 years later 4 Americans died, Hillary did it.

Bush was in charge and running the show and know what republicans did? Investigated everyone but Bush, re-elected him, let him prove his incompetence by tanking the economy. Bush was warned something was coming, 3000 Americans died, Muslims did it. 7 years later 4 Americans died, Hillary did it.
[laughing] trying to compare Russian meddling (and its reaction) to 9/11...geez.

Obama wouldn't have to worry about criticism for inaction for meddling if it weren't the lefts argument/reasoning for why they lost. Countries meddle in elections all the time. Making it an excuse for a loss is the miscalculation the left made (and Obama didn't want it to be used as a talking point judging by his post election comments) because he knows where that finger pointing will and has ultimately ended up.

Maybe if we blamed McCain losing on 9/11 platinum would have a point. We didn't want McCain or Obama

[laughing] trying to compare Russian meddling (and its reaction) to 9/11...geez.

Obama wouldn't have to worry about criticism for inaction for meddling if it weren't the lefts argument/reasoning for why they lost. Countries meddle in elections all the time. Making it an excuse for a loss is the miscalculation the left made (and Obama didn't want it to be used as a talking point judging by his post election comments) because he knows where that finger pointing will and has ultimately ended up.

If Russian trolls is considered trying to affect the election then what the eff do you call what our mainstream media did, which was nothing but a 24/7 PR firm and campaign ad/attack dog for Democrats?

What do people consider shadow banning on social media and only promoting leftist BS on social media to be?

The left controls the majority of our media, controls all of the entertainment industry, controls academia yet wants to go with this angle?

I have to keep a paper towel next to my laptop because your stupid drools down off the screen onto my keyboard.

The entirety of the Russian memes didn't have nearly the impact of her collapsing and having to be lifted into a van. They weren't nearly as damaging as her calling Republicans "deplorables". You idiots throw shit all over your beds and then try and blame rational people for your stench.

Iran
Energy Independence
Head pat

Just saw on the main page of CNN's website about a Kentucky district (Bullitt Co.) that voted Trump over Clinton in a landslide had just been "flipped" because a Democrat won a special election. Never mind that (a) The winner held the seat before being narrowly defeated in 2016 by a man who subsequently committed suicide a day after being accused of molesting a teenager; or (b) that the winner was running against the wife of the former incumbent, who had no real experience or qualifications to speak of; or (c) that the winner was well known to the community since she was a former educator who had been very active in her community, as well as a former incumbent; or (d) that the Democratic party pulled out all the stops, contributing money and bringing in well-known Democrats to campaign on her behalf; or, and most importantly, (e) If that same district held a vote today between Trump and Clinton, I would bet my last dollar that Trump would win by at least the same margin as he did before, and probably more.

But hey, let's not look at any of that and blindly proclaim a victory and assert that the "Blue Wave" has begun!

Bill Clinton setup 9/11. You have to be the dumbest poster here.

Reactions: screwduke1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT