POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You realize that Socrates lamented about " the erosion of societal norms and morals"?
Every generation thinks that the next one is worse and is going to hell in a hand basket.

Socrates (469-399 B.C.). Respectfully Quoted: "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise."

Few of these shootings have been perpetrated by people who would be labeled "criminals" before their crimes. Add the fact that most "criminals" get their weapons by stealing them from legal gun owners. Ever had you home robbed? Our home was robbed when I was in high school. The only things stolen were the firearms in the house. They didn't even take my mother's jewelry which was valued at $25-$30K. They didn't even take the 5 - $100 bills that were sitting under the 1911 Colt .45 auto that they took.

Again, I'm certainly not calling for weapons ban but I am calling for a ban on the sale and possession of what we can called "Military weapons" and high capacity magazines. There is no legitimate civilian need for a clip holding more than 5 rounds in a rifle. Hunting regulations limit shotguns to 3 rounds.
As you and I have been through before, the 2nd amendment is not about need. The second amendment isn't about hunting or what you may use a gun for on a day to day basis. It's about creating a deterrent against someone who may come to power and try to use the military against the people. Anyone who talks about need in the context of the 2nd amendment has no clue what the amendment it is about.

Funny, I think most of you are exactly the same...dumb.
I welcome any legitimate discussion on the issues whenever there is a realization that a) no perfect solutions exist, and b) the world isn't defined by a binary political spectrum.

You still haven't explained why taking the 2nd amendment right away from a large swath of American people is going to do a better job curbing gun violence than taking the 5th and 7th, and what's left of the 4th away from specific Americans who exhibit psychopathic tendencies.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to lock up the psychopath who shot up the Florida school as opposed to trying to take guns away from Americans and hope he didn't find a way to get one?

So fuzz, noted liar and alternate account of rqarnold who, himself, might be a troll, expects us to believe his house was robbed solely for guns? A house that, according to him, held tens of thousands of dollars worth of some of the most easily stolen and fenced items in the world. A house that for some reason kept hundreds of dollars of cash (THE easiest thing in the world to steal and get away with) directly under these guns.

For fuzz's story to be true we have to believe that robbers found that stealing a couple of guns to use in crimes later was a better proposition than stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry (then simply buying guns on the black market and keeping the excess) OR these guns were so valuable or there were so many that the robbers decided trying to hide and sell upwards of a dozen firearms or a few very rare and noticeable ones was an easier pay day than stealing cash and jewelry that could be hidden in a sock.
Who ever said crooks were smart?

Most likely someone who knew us and knew there were guns in the house and that was what they were after. The cash was in a drawer with the .45 in holster sitting on top of it. They open the drawer, see the gun and grab it and go. Yeah, we thought it amazing that they didn't take the jewelry as they ransacked all the drawers in my parents bedroom but didn't bother the jewelry box sitting on top of the dresser. The other guns taken, a single shot 20 gauge shotgun, a 12 gauge pump, a single shot .22 and a lever action 30-30 were not real valuable other than sentimental value of several of them having belonged to my grandfather.

[laughing] University - 6 must also vacate this tattoo...

DWfqV3LUMAAIUeB

Who ever said crooks were smart?

Most likely someone who knew us and knew there were guns in the house and that was what they were after. The cash was in a drawer with the .45 in holster sitting on top of it. They open the drawer, see the gun and grab it and go. Yeah, we thought it amazing that they didn't take the jewelry as they ransacked all the drawers in my parents bedroom but didn't bother the jewelry box sitting on top of the dresser. The other guns taken, a single shot 20 gauge shotgun, a 12 gauge pump, a single shot .22 and a lever action 30-30 were not real valuable other than sentimental value of several of them having belonged to my grandfather.

See Platinum, that's how you double down on a total bullshit story.

People who break into, apparently, wealthy people's homes aren't so stupid that they don't even try to look for jewelry. Maybe some smash and grab at a mid-grade apartment complex, but not at a nice house. The reason they would target that house in the first place is to get nice stuff, not $1,500 TOPS in hunting/sport long guns and a single 1911. I know you're a troll, but try not to be this stupid. When it's this obvious it isn't as fun.

You still haven't explained why taking the 2nd amendment right away from a large swath of American people is going to do a better job curbing gun violence than taking the 5th and 7th, and what's left of the 4th away from specific Americans who exhibit psychopathic tendencies.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to lock up the psychopath who shot up the Florida school as opposed to trying to take guns away from Americans and hope he didn't find a way to get one?
I don't consider taking away the right to own an AR-15 and similar weapons fitted with high capacity magazines is taking away the 2nd amendment. Does the fact that you cannot own full automatic weapons take away your 2nd amendment right? Does the fact that you cannot own a large assortment of other military weapons take away from your 2nd amendment right? No rights are absolute.
Do you disagree?

The Broward County sheriff had over 30 encounters with this individual, why didn't they lock him up? Why did the social worker who evaluated him say that he wasn't a threat to himself or others? It was no secret he was a troubled youth.

Define "exhibit psychopathic tendencies". This will be a judgment...right? Who is to say that the person in charge of making that judgment will be any more competent in their assessment than the others that failed in this case?

We all agree, or at least most people agree that there is a line to be drawn with regard to how much firepower we allow into the hands of civilians. That line has been redrawn from time to time over our history. I think that it is time to redraw that line.
And before you go down the "criminals won't obey the laws..." line of thinking, I ask how many full automatic weapons we have out on the street?
After the Las Vegas shooting there even seemed to be a general consensus that things like bump-stocks needed to be outlawed as well...things that attempt to skirt around existing regulation.

People who break into, apparently, wealthy people's homes aren't so stupid that they don't even try to look for jewelry. Maybe some smash and grab at a mid-grade apartment complex, but not at a nice house. The reason they would target that house in the first place is to get nice stuff, not $1,500 TOPS in hunting/sport long guns and a single 1911. I know you're a troll, but try not to be this stupid. When it's this obvious it isn't as fun.
I never knew that there were criminals who would only break into mid-grade apartments but not into nicer homes...are you speaking from experience?

I never knew that there were criminals who would only break into mid-grade apartments but not into nicer homes...are you speaking from experience?

So not only do you believe that your house was broken into and all that was taken were a few long guns and a single pistol, but also don't know that there are different levels of criminal who act in very different ways. I guess I'm leaning more towards stupid/naive than I was a few minutes ago.

So not only do you believe that your house was broken into and all that was taken were a few long guns and a single pistol, but also don't know that there are different levels of criminal who act in very different ways. I guess I'm leaning more towards stupid/naive than I was a few minutes ago.
For 40 something years we've always thought it was most likely a kid/kids high school age who had more interest in toys "guns" than actual financial gain.

Last edited:
My family house was robbed when I was in college - they took any cash they could find, any meds, flat screens, laptops, locked the dogs in a room and left the old antique gun alone.

^True story, unlike others posted.
In 1974 thieves would have needed a moving van to take the 25in console TV. That sumabitch weighed a metric ton! Only meds in the house would have been cholesterol medication.

Reactions: JohnKBA
kevin ware tellin da papers he still got dat ‘big ass ring’ to prove he be a champ bruh lolllllllllll

Smh cuz remember da week dey they getting doze rings T-Will came to da ville to celebrite with da team he always be back to party long after he left da ville it got wild bruh
I be drunk walked in wrong room bruh Katina dog ugly daughter had fingers up TWills ass dogggg
he had a ball gag in mouth yo I ran out dat bitch fast. T-will threat me later yo not to tell. I be thinkin who gonna believe that you sick ****

worst part was katina dog breath daughter Taqiyya come to me “give dis ring to kev” I like bitch where dat ring been. she says twill wanted me to wear it myfinger when i..she didnt finish dat sentince bruh I realised dat ring been up his azz dogG
I told Taqiyya get dat shat away from Dre
Told her give it to kev her ownsekf

She tellin me yo she cant find kev and she got to go she be swearing she wash dat ring off butt i set lookin at this hoe who aint brush dem teeth since 2004 i no she didnt wash nuthin
So I gotta give dis ring da kev and he just put dat ring rite on when give it to him bruh
washed my hands bruh for like 10 mins
Come out and kev ware be eating hot wings licking on his fingers and **** wit dat ring on his finger I BOUT ThREW UP BrUH

I drove my azz to the store got a 40 and GERMX bruh. I be just sittin in my whip drinkin using germX on my hands every few mins bruh

Ok, I'll report that to the local PD who came up with that suggestion.
"Most likely someone who knew us and knew there were guns in the house and that was what they were after"

So which was it? A bunch of high school aged kids willing to get caught committing a felony to steal some guns (and ransack your mom's dresser looking for guns? I guess?) or someone who knew you? Or was it a high school kid who knew where your guns were? Surely that narrows the suspects down considerably.

Still may be the first time in history someone breaks into a house to steal a .22 and a 12 gauge. What a haul!!

That David Hogg kid has been featured on the news a ridiculous amount of times before this shooting. He was a witness to a lifeguard fight and featured on the news? Lol.

Lmao. Would love to see how libs plan on killing NRA members. Go ahead and try though. I'll get my popcorn ready.

That David Hogg kid has been featured on the news a ridiculous amount of times before this shooting. He was a witness to a lifeguard fight and featured on the news? Lol.
The really weird part is that the lifeguard incident happened in Redondo Beach, California and was featured on a local CBSLA station. Then he's in Broward Co. 2 years later taking interview cues from CNN after a school shooting?

Dude's Johnny on the ****ing spot when TV cameras are involved. 3000 miles apart.

Bullshit. Bull. ****ing. Shit.

CNN once again caught doing Fake News. This time they are caught coaching a student on what to say about the school massacre in Florida

President Trump should not go talk to these 4-5 anointed kids by the media. Under normal circumstances yes but this would be an ambush. Meet with others and faculty, he has already went to the hospital to see the hurt, but meeting this kid and the few others the media is praising would be a set up. Lot of anti trump hate by this group even before the shooting, meeting them would only be an occasion for the kids and the media to embarrass trump. They retweet MSNBC, Ted Lieu, Sanders, Obama...even before the shooting. Literally the media found the 4 farthest left students at the school and are determined to make them stars. Interesting they didn’t tweet hardly at all about the injured or dead, just their movement.

This kid does a couple interviews and labels himself a leader:

https://twitter.com/sarahchad_/status/965960285780697088?s=20

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT