POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bevin's budget out. Looks like everyone is going to have live within their means. Every little thing got cut.

Well except the office of the governor. That got a good 30% budget increase.

How else we going to pay for private jets to fly out of Kentucky during our snowstorm?

Not sure living within a states budget is bad! I mean what is the alternative?

Legalize weed and the budget grows exponentially. Fact!

So Chris Matthew says last night, with Trump out of the debate, "who's going to watch a debate between the two Cuban guys?"

Straight up racism. Let's go back to the tired and familiar refrain: if it had been someone on the right who said that.......

So Chris Matthew says last night, with Trump out of the debate, "who's going to watch a debate between the two Cuban guys?"

Straight up racism. Let's go back to the tired and familiar refrain: if it had been someone on the right who said that.......

People are f'n lame, that isn't racism. Now if people don't watch I guess that could be racism or it could be lack of interest.

It's truly sad to see how weak we are as a nation and how quick racism is easily blamed for non racist things.

People are f'n lame, that isn't racism. Now if people don't watch I guess that could be racism or it could be lack of interest.

It's truly sad to see how weak we are as a nation and how quick racism is easily blamed for non racist things.
Agree, but it works both ways. Last month a pack of people here were throwing out reverse-racism charges over the way benefits are given to blacks.

I know there are political agendas all over the place regarding Hillary and an indictment, so you have to listen to multiple sources and try to sift it down to something resembling truth.

Best I can tell, where there's smoke there's fire here, and most likely corruption will prevent anything from happening to Hillary, with the exception of public opinion.

I know there are political agendas all over the place regarding Hillary and an indictment, so you have to listen to multiple sources and try to sift it down to something resembling truth.

Best I can tell, where there's smoke there's fire here, and most likely corruption will prevent anything from happening to Hillary, with the exception of public opinion.
Agree, right or wrong, no way we see an indictment.

If they were Democrats and Rush Limbaugh had said that, he would be excoriated for it by MSNBC and the like. True story. Not saying it's racist, but there is a huge double standard there about what is perceived as racism and what isn't.

Reactions: WettCat
Personally, I would have no problem with a ban on "late" abortions as long as there's a medical exception. Don't want an infant that's already capable of surviving outside the womb? Fine, adoption it is. You've had months to decide. Why'd you wait until now?

The two problem with that, though:
(1) who gets to determine the definition of "late"? Guarantee if there's some miracle baby that survives an extraordinarily premature birth (like, 19 weeks) at the cost of millions of dollars and months/years of medical care, the radicals will say 19 is the new cutoff.
(2) tough to say "should've gotten an abortion sooner" when it's so GD difficult to get one in the first place.

Yep, it's tough. Only about 1.05 million women in the U.S.were able to struggle through the barriers and get it done in 2014.

Yep, it's tough. Only about 1.05 million women in the U.S.were able to struggle through the barriers and get it done in 2014.
How many iPhones were sold in the US last year? I guess it's super easy for everyone to get an iPhone, too.

All you "NONE OF MY TAX DOLLARS TOWARDS ABORTIONS" guys also probably don't have a touching clue whether your wife's ObGyn performs them. The only way you would know for sure is if your wife was pregnant and got turned down by her doc. Docs don't publicize this stuff anymore for obvious reasons.

We need more cynicism and brutal honesty and less moral hand wringing. We don't have enough jobs and money and jails to take care of our own as it is. A million more little dependants every year would only make things worse.

Then why do liberals fight so hard and protest against every death penalty sentence and execution? Seems like getting 40-50 CONVICTED criminal dependents a year would only make things better.

Reactions: P19978

How many sought them? Did you break it down by state, because access varies significantly? How many would have gotten them if they could without getting something shoved up their vagina? How many would have if they didn't hear medically false information mandated by the state?

In other words, the raw number of those that got them is inconsequential at best and misleading at worst when analyzing how easy/hard it is to get one. Analogy? You betcha! I contend that it's easy as **** to get a gun because a record number of people bought guns in 2015. In fact, it's easier than ever - far easier! Just ignore background checks, or waiting periods, or permits, or anything that could possibly impede someone from getting a gun.

Then why do liberals fight so hard and protest against every death penalty sentence and execution? Seems like getting 40-50 CONVICTED criminal dependents a year would only make things better.

I agree. We should put them in Texas's drive thru execution program.

Indictment! Awesome Can't wait to see her burn!! MWUAHAHAHHAHA

Fox News said of Trump's demands that "Capitulating to politicians' ultimatums about a debate moderator violates all journalistic standards"...

LOL. Let that one sink in. You need to savor it. Slowly. The blatancy of it and the utter lack of self-awareness is delightful in its raw hypocritical idiocy.

Reactions: Mashburned
If you're making the economic argument then you need to consider the cost of a death penalty case going through is more than life in prison. I prefer death for the worst of the worst, but the economics of the process don't make good $en$e.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...enalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#729d290717f0

Why don't you let CNN and MSNBC's willingness to let Hillary dictate terms of her interviews/questions, etc. sink in. Savor it. Slowly.
I could care less about Trump trying to dictate the terms of the debate, what I was referring to was Fox News worrying about journalistic standards. That is hilarious.

I could care less about Trump trying to dictate the terms of the debate, what I was referring to was Fox News worrying about journalistic standards. That is hilarious.
To paraphrase Seinfeld, they're not journalists and they have no standards. It's not about covering the news, they want to shape the news.

Fox News has a slant. NBC has a slant. MSNBC has a slant. Etc.

Nowadays, it's very important to get your news from multiple sources, and then try to sift it down to something that resembles truth.

Reactions: jamo0001
Reactions: Mashburned
If the extent of your concern about journalistic integrity is limited to Fox, you are a close minded minion.

How many sought them? Did you break it down by state, because access varies significantly? How many would have gotten them if they could without getting something shoved up their vagina? How many would have if they didn't hear medically false information mandated by the state?

In other words, the raw number of those that got them is inconsequential at best and misleading at worst when analyzing how easy/hard it is to get one. Analogy? You betcha! I contend that it's easy as **** to get a gun because a record number of people bought guns in 2015. In fact, it's easier than ever - far easier! Just ignore background checks, or waiting periods, or permits, or anything that could possibly impede someone from getting a gun.
How many iPhones were sold in the US last year? I guess it's super easy for everyone to get an iPhone, too.

All you "NONE OF MY TAX DOLLARS TOWARDS ABORTIONS" guys also probably don't have a touching clue whether your wife's ObGyn performs them. The only way you would know for sure is if your wife was pregnant and got turned down by her doc. Docs don't publicize this stuff anymore for obvious reasons.

An abortion costs less than an IPhone I believe. I read that the average cost of an abortion is about $450.

I'm unaware of anyone keeping tabs on how many women tried to get an abortion but couldn't because of a lack of clinics nearby. I suspect any figure stated would just have to be a wild guess. Might have to travel a bit to find a clinic but there are plenty around.

Perhaps because of this?

I don't particularly have a problem with capital punishment in cases where there is absolutely no doubt...i.e. you caught them in the act. But otherwise I don't trust the justice system enough to get it right. Especially in cases where the accused has no resources and is left with a public defender that might have 100 other active cases at the time and probably assumes that his own client is guilty and puts 15 minutes of prep work into their defense.

Reactions: warrior-cat
What does the Paddock think about state tax incentives being issued to Answers in Genesis to build that Ark Park thing? (There's gonna be soooooo many mofos there rocking socks with sandals, fanny packs and cheesy Jesus tees tucked into jorts.)

If you support it, would you also support me building Mecca Mountain next to it and only hiring Muslims?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Just read on another board that Fox's minute long commercial rate has dropped from 750k to 150k because Trump pulled out. Amazing if true.

Last edited:
An abortion costs less than an IPhone I believe. I read that the average cost of an abortion is about $450.

I'm unaware of anyone keeping tabs on how many women tried to get an abortion but couldn't because of a lack of clinics nearby. I suspect any figure stated would just have to be a wild guess. Might have to travel a bit to find a clinic but there are plenty around.
Accessibility is determined by a hell of a lot more than just price

What does the Paddock think about state tax incentives being issued to Answers in Genesis to build that Ark Park thing? (There's gonna be soooooo many mofos there rocking socks with sandals, fanny packs and cheesy Jesus tees tucked into jorts.)

If you support it, would you also support me building Mecca Mountain next to it and only hiring Muslims?

Mega, There maybe be one person on here who would support that baloney and that would be Memaw1945. Not even the evangelical right on here are dumb enough to support a young earth creationist theme park.

Never underestimate the power of the American Taliban. They are all around me at work. Insidious bunch. Their little ark project is precious to them therefore all of us should be expected to pay for it. They need something to point to in order to affirm their delusions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT