POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't blame libs who rehash the BS they are told to worship. All they know is corporations get rich and don't pay taxes. Libs aren't rich so they don't want anyone else's getting rich off them either.

An American being AGAINST tax cuts would be like Hefner being AGAINST titties.

Fuzz would be against mandatory daily BJS if a republican made it happen. He would be against a U K football title if Trump predicted it. What a miserable little snowflake.

15% corporate tax rate is an absolute joke. Only the wealthy benefit from this and since me and everyone on this board aren't there yet, nope.
Cardkilla, the reference to "wealthy only" simply is NOT true. Most small businesses are operated as "pass through" entities such as partnerships and S-Corps". The 15% rate will apply to income from theses tax through entities too. The owners of these businesses work their asses off and risk losing the capital they've invested in these businesses. They'll appreciate the tax cut.

I still say it doesn't matter who the president is. The private sector ebbs and flows and as I've said many times, if you don't have a good job it's because you don't want one.

You do know that if conservatives had their way we'd still be in serfdom with a King ruling over us and a bunch of slaves in the back. They have literally fought for the 'status quo' since the Renaissance. And Elon Musk is a progressive and a flipping immigrant to boot.

The hypocrisy on the tax cuts imploding the deficit are hilarious though...and not minutely surprising. It didn't work for Reagan, didn't work for Bush I and it won't work now. The only reason it somewhat worked for Reagan is because the economy was god awful thanks to Nixon with ridiculous interest rates and a really high upper income tax rate. 15% corporate tax rate is an absolute joke. Only the wealthy benefit from this and since me and everyone on this board aren't there yet, nope.

Dumbass Copkilla. You get worst in time, unlike a fine wine.

I still say it doesn't matter who the president is. The private sector ebbs and flows and as I've said many times, if you don't have a good job it's because you don't want one.
Once upon a time, arrogant conservatives used to say that. Now, arrogant liberals (and I'm not necessarily saying that you are one of them) say that. Regardless of who is saying it, it's not really that simple.

Not all people are born with the same ability. IQ is not a social construct- there really is a such thing. Not all people are able to graduate college, no matter how hard they apply themselves- and some people are going to have a hard time even graduating high school, how matter how hard they apply themselves. Good jobs are relatively plentiful for people who can keep up- generally, it's going to be dependent on either brainpower or high level social skills, but some people luck out with artistic or athletic gifts. There are a lot of people without the ability to get a good college degree, without the ability to make big bucks in sales, and without the ability to get drafted by the NBA, or make a living making music. A lot.

For those that find it not as easy to keep up, good job are not really that easy to find, even if one looks really hard; in fact, with automation, robotics, outsourcing to foreign nations without child labor laws, etc, it's harder than ever. If, by good jobs, you refer to those jobs that Americans "won't do", and require immigrants to do them- those aren't good jobs. I don't have the answer to this issue; have no idea how we can start getting more people to find good jobs. I'm not sure that it helps when affluent people, as you claim to be (and you even provide documents to prove it!), look down their noses at the less fortunate. How does that help? "Let them eat cake"...well, no wonder Pennsylvania (to name just one example) did what it did in November of last year.

Last edited:
You may sadly be right. If a hack judge can stop the President from enforcing the law, something is seriously wrong. Will Trump be allowed to even implement his agenda without judges overruling it? Its nonsense, something needs to be done.
If we had a House Speaker with balls who wasn't an anti-American POS we could impeach these commie anti-Constitution judges... will never happen with Paul Ryan. I despise this turd more than any Demonrat.

Reactions: screwduke1
Reactions: warrior-cat
Been sitting on this one for a while, eh?

You're seriously touting a 1 in 50 success rate in the terror game? Desperate much? Depraved much?
WTF? Does this look like a terrorist to you?
ImageOffender

Once upon a time, arrogant conservatives used to say that. Now, arrogant liberals (and I'm not necessarily saying that you are one of them) say that. Regardless of who is saying it, it's not really that simple.

Not all people are born with the same ability. IQ is not a social construct- there really is a such thing. Not all people are able to graduate college, no matter how hard they apply themselves- and some people are going to have a hard time even graduating high school, how matter how hard they apply themselves. Good jobs are relatively plentiful for people who can keep up- generally, it's going to be dependent on either brainpower or high level social skills, but some people luck out with artistic or athletic gifts. There are a lot of people without the ability to get a good college degree, without the ability to make big bucks in sales, and without the ability to get drafted by the NBA, or make a living making music. A lot.

For those that find it not as easy to keep up, good job are not really that easy to find, even if one looks really hard; in fact, with automation, robotics, outsourcing to foreign nations without child labor laws, etc, it's harder than ever. If, by good jobs, you refer to those jobs that Americans "won't do", and require immigrants to do them- those aren't good jobs. I don't have the answer to this issue; have no idea how we can start getting more people to find good jobs. I'm not sure that it helps when affluent people, as you claim to be (and you even provide documents to prove it!), look down their noses at the less fortunate. How does that help? "Let them eat cake"...well, no wonder Pennsylvania (to name just one example) did what it did in November of last year.

I'm a middling democrat. I'm pro gun and pro let people do whatever they want to in the privacy of their homes.

I don't look down my nose at anyone. I'm a proponent of hard work and ambition. I went to college for a semester but carved out a high paying role because I wanted it. I have no sympathy for people who aren't willing to put in as much work as I did to get where I am.

In most cases this is true. It sometimes takes a bit of self sacrifice and hard word to find them but, if you want it bad enough, you can find a good job.

WTF? Does this look like a terrorist to you?
ImageOffender
What does a terrorist look like? Ever heard of the Red Army Faction, Baader Meinhof Gang, Bill Ayers, Timothy McVeigh, Madonna, Hillary Clinton (believe me, I was terrified of a Clinton Presidency). Terror comes in many forms but, it is not the norm for most people. There are of course exceptions to that and Islam is one of those exceptions. It is part of their teachings and up bringing.

Last edited:
Reactions: augustaky1
Some heads need to roll over this- and I bet that the culprits who need to be decapitated are mostly American and NOT Bahamian.

My comments weren't clear because you didn't read the article I posted. The conditions and the security provided by the organizers are what I was referring to when I said it would be safer in Syria. That was not a shot at the locals but the conditions.

tents2.png

What was set to be the opening weekend of trust-fund millennial debauchery in the Bahamas has turned into nothing short of Lord of the Flies. The Fyre Festival - organized by Ja Rule and some guy who's scammed millennials in the past was hyped by models and advertised as a boutique luxury music festival held in Exumas, Bahamas. All inclusive tickets ranging from $4,000 - $12,000 were supposed to include a chartered private flight from Miami, private luxury tents, yacht rides, and performances from Blink-182 and about two dozen other artists.

Reactions: augustaky1

Not exactly. Government controls what we can and cant do. Has a huge effect.

Not exactly. Government controls what we can and cant do. Has a huge effect.
Used to be a HUGE Dave Ramsey fan. Did the workshops and everything. When Barry got elected, he took it upon himself to berate and chastise his listeners who chose to voice concern about Barry's policies by stating something to the effect of "IF any elected official causes a drastic change in your life, you didn't have much of a life to begin with."

The irony in that statement is that the 1986 tax reform act is EXACTLY what caused ole Dave to go ****ing bankrupt. I quit paying attention to ole Dave after that.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Also libs: 0.7% GDP growth shows Trumps economy is a failure.

Can't tell you how many times this was referenced in the news yesterday. They were falling over themselves to report something negative with some actual teeth (albeit slight at best). The chick that does the ABC news radio updates was actually having trouble containing herself.

How sad.

Used to be a HUGE Dave Ramsey fan. Did the workshops and everything. When Barry got elected, he took it upon himself to berate and chastise his listeners who chose to voice concern about Barry's policies by stating something to the effect of "IF any elected official causes a drastic change in your life, you didn't have much of a life to begin with."

The irony in that statement is that the 1986 tax reform act is EXACTLY what caused ole Dave to go ****ing bankrupt. I quit paying attention to ole Dave after that.
So you allowed politics to keep you from being a HUGE Dave Ramsey fan. Boy, that's using your noggin.

-the fantastic thing is that the turd completely skipped over the carter administration and blamed the abysmal shitstorn reagan inherited from carter on nixon(who had been out of office for a long time)...while blaming trump for the bad 1st quarter (of which he was only in office for 70% of said first quarter). Epitome of low info voter.

Reactions: ymmot31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT