POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two main factors. Policy and age. Biden was down as far as he was because people who voted from him in 2020 were abandoning him. For those two reasons, his decline and Gaza. Kamala isn't a hundred years old, so that brought back all those voters. She was VP so has plausible deniability on Gaza. Remains to be seen whether she'll put her foot in her mouth there, but so far many of that demographic are back onboard too just because she isn't Biden.
GWgZ3mJXMAA2FCO

The son of the POTUS just pled guilty to evading taxes on money given to him by foreigners to buy his father’s influence.

We know the money was given for that purpose because the son’s computer verified it. We also know the POTUS got a cut of it.

Our government altered the last election by knowingly lying that this same computer was Russian disinformation, to help that POTUS.

The same government now tells you that Russia is trying to influence THIS election to assist the enemy of that POTUS (and the regime that installed him).

Understand how close we are to a complete takeover by the regime. It’s now or never.

I am a Republican. My wife is a Republican. My children are Republicans. We are all healthy. We were even more healthy under Trump. We are also very smart.

You, on the other hand, are a zit on the pages of this forum, and have the common sense of a rock.
The number one killer of children in America is by firearms.
Republicans REFUSE to pass ANY legislation to address this issue.
Lead, follow or get out of the way.
You and your caveman kind are absolutely a danger to women and children in America.
Throw in your fascist control over women's bodies on top of the gun love fest and it's no wonder we are now the joke of all industrialized nations.
Just stay in your hole Capt. Caveman and let the rest of us with brains solve this issue.

If every citizen has a right to own a gun then why do we put age limits on who can purchase guns? Why do we have any laws at all pertaining to guns if it is our god given right endowed by our creator? Hell just let any kid walk into a store and buy one and if they do something bad then we can have them deal with the consequences afterward, right?

Ah, the argument from absurdity. The leftists here love that one. I think a reasonable person much less a "100% Republican" would know why we don't let "any kid walk into a store and buy one."

When I say I am good with tougher background checks for buying a gun all I am saying is that if someone does have a history of being mentally ill or violent in their past (felony or not) then I think that a gun store owner should have access to that information and based upon that they can refuse to sell to that individual.

They do. Already.

Not all Republicans are 100% throw guns to every single person regardless of who they are and what they can do with them.

Another one. No one ever said that not implied it.

Personally walking into a restaurant last week seeing the 40-50 something year old trash of an individual walking around with his old school revolver posted on his side that responded to the cashier "My Mom is paying"....god given right or not doesn't give me much hope for only the competent good guys having access to any type of weaponry.

Well, it's a good thing you're not deciding, based upon your first and superficial contact with an indivdual you know nothing else about, who has rights and who doesn't.

I apologize for upsetting you, but I can't ignore that some of the same things you said in the post of yours that I quoted have gotten us to this very position in the history of this country. At some point we have to stop giving up and giving in to pressure to add more laws that only hurt law abiding citizens simply because the people in enforcement aren't doing (or allowed to do) their jobs. Appeasement doesn't work, and all of us should know that by now. If our history hasnt already demonstrated that enough, then world history should tell us that.

Last edited:
Liberals are always ready to tackle the big issues.

There were many meetings about this, many discussions about how to end the scourge of small shampoo bottles in hotel rooms in Illinois:

From the article:

A new law, signed by Gov. JB Pritzker (D) last month, will ban hotels in the state from providing small, single-use plastic bottles containing personal-care products to lodgers or guests using a hotel’s public bathroom.

The law, called the Small Plastic Bottle Act, says personal-care products include shampoo, hair conditioner and bath soap intended to be used in the shower and defines a small, single-use bottle as one under 6 ounces that’s not intended for re-use.

The law goes into effect beginning July 1, 2025, for hotels with 50 rooms or more and beginning Jan. 1, 2026, for hotels with less than 50 rooms. A hotel in violation of the law would receive a written warning for a first offense and a fine of up to $1,500 for a second and subsequent offenses.
Travel a bit for work and it seems hotels are moving away from those anyway for the most part. Many have gone to the pump bottles mounted on the walls in the shower for Body wash, Shampoo and Conditioner.

I agree with your last point - the parent should definitely be charged and I like what GA is doing. I also find it a little disturbing that a poster who was an educator (has Sam said he was a special ed educator?) uses the word "retard" on here regularly. My son has a learning disability and it is BS for people to use that word.

But on to the main point - I wonder if there is a way to support a middle ground on the 2A issue you flag above - if the mentally ill kid is suspected of making a credible threat, could the guns be taken away for a period? In other words, the guns are not taken away just because the kid is mentally ill, but because he/she has threatened violence with guns.
No, because depending on who's in charge, that "Period" could be indefinite and once those guns are taken, good luck getting them back, especially under this admin.

Require the guns be locked away, OK, require regular mental health evaluations and treatment for the child. or in the event they make credible threats of terrorism or violence on Social Media or by any other means, commit them to a guarded mental health facility under lock and key.

I mean, is that democracy? Wanting illegals to vote? Is that democracy, not vetting illegals? Is that democracy, open borders? Is that democracy, banning free speech? Is that democracy, health care and Medicare for illegals? Is that democracy, drivers licenses for illegals? Is that democracy, replacing American jobs with illegals? Is that democracy, housing illegals over the American Veterans and homeless? Is that democracy, using the legal system to go after your political opponent? Is that democracy, lying about your political opponent being in with Russia? Is that democracy, not properly protecting a Presidential candidate? Is that democracy, borrowing so much money for stupid stuff it causes inflation? Is that democracy, flying thousands upon thousands into the country from other countries secretly? Is that democracy, throwing out the President running for reelection and appointing someone that has not been voted for? Is that democracy, not picking the best persons for jobs but pick them according to race and gender? Is that democracy, bailing out arsonists? Is that democracy, defunding police so we aren't as safe anymore? Is that democracy, attacking a religion? Is that democracy, banning the freedom to bear arms? Is that democracy, killing living babies that are human beings?

Shall we continue?
Well it is "Democracy" to them. What it's not is America being "Guarenteed a Republican form of Government" as laid out in our Constitution. It is not a Constitutional Republic.

Reactions: Girthang
Tougher background checks that restrict access to purchasing AR15s if you have a mentally ill teen in your home.
Red flag laws that allow the temporary removal of those guns if a judge, police, therapist and school judge the child a danger.

So in your authoritarian view...a parents right to own a gun ceases if he is judged to have a mentally ill teen in his home. Do you really believe that?

How about if its a tranny kid, by definition mentally ill, should that parent lose his 2nd amendment rights? Are there other rights that you support taking away if there is a mentally ill person in the home? How about a "retard" using your word?

I kinda like doing what GA looks to be doing. JAIL the parent who does not take measures to secure his guns (assuming he didnt) after the authorities have paid you a visit and told you to do so. Sue the parent into the dirt. Take his house, car everything...if a court and a jury of his peers finds him negligent and liable.
You're absolutist, insane guns over kids mentality is one of the many reasons why Republicans are gonna lose this November.
I am not even gonna try to respond to those insane straw man arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Some us us realize it’s a mental health issue, not a gun issue. That’s why I’m paying a shit load of money annually for a god damn preschool ant a private school and avoiding the public school system you lunatics have your claws in.

I feel for the families that don’t have the means.

But I think I’m doing far more to protect my son by getting him away from the school system the lunatic lefties have their grips in, than anyone would ever be doing by taking guns away from law abiding Americans.

You’ve designed a system to produce these results, and want to use that as an excuse to ban guns.
Yeah it’s amazing that the guns are killing people and not the person pulling the trigger. In the 80’s students would drive to school with their rifle mounted in the rear window and a knife in their pocket. We have just become a society with very few morals.

Yeah it’s amazing that the guns are killing people and not the person pulling the trigger. In the 80’s students would drive to school with their rifle mounted in the rear window and a knife in their pocket. We have just become a society with very few morals.
Used to be gun clubs IN SCHOOL!

Absolutely not. It is not up to the US to drive him out of a non NATO territory. It's up to Ukraine to do that....with some help with military supplies.
It was an acceptable stalemate at the time. But once Putin marched his army west and started the first massive land war in Europe since WW2 we had to get involved.
Putin mistakenly underestimated Biden and NATO resolve in doing that.

Yeah, real brave and lots of resolve to write a bunch of checks with other people's money.

Village Idiot.

Well it is "Democracy" to them. What it's not is America being "Guarenteed a Republican form of Government" as laid out in our Constitution. It is not a Constitutional Republic.
So funny all you hear them saying is democracy and freedom and everything they stand for is not that and everything Trump stands for is that. Shows how they rely on the ignorant so much to back them.

I agree with your last point - the parent should definitely be charged and I like what GA is doing. I also find it a little disturbing that a poster who was an educator (has Sam said he was a special ed educator?) uses the word "retard" on here regularly. My son has a learning disability and it is BS for people to use that word.

But on to the main point - I wonder if there is a way to support a middle ground on the 2A issue you flag above - if the mentally ill kid is suspected of making a credible threat, could the guns be taken away for a period? In other words, the guns are not taken away just because the kid is mentally ill, but because he/she has threatened violence with guns.

Why can't we just remove the mentally ill kid?

Seems much smarter.

Take the parents guns? Kid will get one somewhere anyway.

It’s not just the illegal, it’s their offspring who then gets to be a citizen through birthright citizenship which is insane.

The west has been targeted for third world migration for nefarious purposes and it’s working. The pathetic part are the useful idiots who support it.
This is the prevailing sentiment of the MAGA movement. You people who try to make some illegal/legal distinction are a disingenuous minority. It's about being anti-"third world", everything else is ad hoc rationalization.
For Globalization and the destruction of Western culture.
See? All about defendin' the whites. MAGA is a white pointy hood.

You're absolutist, insane guns over kids mentality is one of the many reasons why Republicans are gonna lose this November.
I am not even gonna try to respond to those insane straw man arguments.

Where do you draw the line at taking away constitutional protections from law abiding individuals because some people behave irresponsibly?

For example, far more damage has been done to this country by uneducated irresponsible people voting incorrectly than could ever be done by people with guns. For the good of the country, shouldn’t we eliminate voting so crazy people who vote irresponsibly can’t negatively impact the country?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT