POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Logged in to read the comments after assassination attempt, haven’t made it to 8:00 pm sat night and HOLY SHIT are we fvcked. I encourage anybody who commented to go back, read your comments, and then reassess your lives.
Yes, there were over-the-top emotions & speculation, but it's become more reasonable since the middle of yesterday to the extend this thread is ever reasonable.

Me too.

And I still haven't seen an explanation/visual of how Trump turning his head stopped him from being killed as I don't know the bullet path to & past his head. Not saying it's not true, just don't have a visual of it.

He turned his head facing line of fire so bullet hit top of right ear. If he was facing straight in to the crowd it would’ve penetrated posterior aspect of his head.

The head turn saved his life.

Anyone can feel free correct me if I’m wrong here.

He has to name this week regardless of what the Dims do later.

Who is an establishment hack? Anyone besides Vance?

I’m not entirely sold on Vance. Was hoping it’d be a wildcard from outside the political world.

No sense in wasting time handicapping the race, so I can’t really say for sure what I think about any of the candidates. Once Trump picks the person I’ll decide if I think it moves Trump towards a more fiscally conservative anti-unnecessary war position, or towards the bloated government all-war-is-good-war position of the establishment.

Hopefully Trump picks a VP this week, and hopefully it is someone who can sincerely move America forward, and serve as a leader for the MAGA movement if the democrats successfully blow his head off next time.

Originally I was thinking he should wait until Biden’s replacement was named. But now, I think Biden will serve as the sacrificial lamb and they need to get an heir apparent in place for the MAGA movement.

Hopefully it’s not an establishment hack.
Agreed. I've seen some speculation about Youngkin being Trump's VP pick. I respect Youngkin but he's not a good ideological fit with Trump. It would be similar to Reagan having GHWB as his VP. It seemed OK at the time, but ultimately didn't end well for the conservative movement.

I would be fine with either Vance or Burgum. Please no Scott or Rubio.

Reactions: 55wildcat
Fun fact:

For all the conservative investors out there who are invested in bonds, Democrat policies have given you an AVERAGE ANNUAL LOSS of 2.84% PER YEAR over the last 3 years (using the Bloomberg Agg bond index).

That's right: on top of the loss of purchasing power due to the Democrats inflationary policies, you actually LOST almost 3% per year.

Voting for a Democrat is voting against your self-interest: why would any intelligent person do that?

There are only 2 answers: either you hate yourself... or you're a complete idiot.
I think if you stayed short, 1-5 years, you did much better than that. I mean 1 yr CD's have been 5% or so.

Per Jesse Watters those two snipers to the right of Trump are 100% loyal to him. Served him in the first term, volunteered to serve on this detail. They are friends with Eric Trump and go to the gun range with him often. They were told to stand down by the lead agent in charge when the shooter was first spotted on the roof.
What I read is SS is broken up into tiers. Tier 1 is the ppl near the stage, and like tier 4 are the snipers. The 3rd is usually made up of local law enforcement and security. The snipers didn't see the guy bc they have areas that they have surveillance on. In other words tier 4 watches anything past 150 yards or whatever and focuses soley on that, where 3 watches inside that perimeter. So the local guys missed it.

Everyone here should bookmark this, because I don't know about the rest of you, but I've seen Trump falsely quoted on this by a few dozen on facebook.

Now, I don't love the way he worded this, because I can see how it could be taken out of context.. but I guess thats the important part: context. When you read his whole speech, it's pretty clear he didn't mean what liberals think he meant.
Thanks for the post with its clarifications to Trump's statements.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

The Trump campaign and surrogates will try to intimidate Biden supporters from going after the former President politically. Do not let up. Trump is a threat to democracy and he must be stopped. Every rational person knows that means politically. DO NOT let them twist your words and intimidate you. Trump must be beaten at the ballot box.'

I'm pretty sure you mean battle box.

I think a lot of women too realize this is screwed up. NET, don't know that speaking the truth will hurt him. JMO.
In the context that any time a woman has a "man's" job, they absolutely don't like it. I'm just saying it's a stay away if I'm Trump. His base already agrees.

Drum roll please.....

451285411_486041927494574_288388608362430883_n.jpg

Fun fact:

For all the conservative investors out there who are invested in bonds, Democrat policies have given you an AVERAGE ANNUAL LOSS of 2.84% PER YEAR over the last 3 years (using the Bloomberg Agg bond index).

That's right: on top of the loss of purchasing power due to the Democrats inflationary policies, you actually LOST almost 3% per year.

Voting for a Democrat is voting against your self-interest: why would any intelligent person do that?

There are only 2 answers: either you hate yourself... or you're a complete idiot.
Two things can be true at once.

• Love
Reactions: WTF Cat
I voted for Vance. Has turned out (in a very short period of time) a good Senator. Just as importantly he has shown the ability to express his/our views in a clear and concise manner....and takes no 'guff' from Dem/lib reporters.

My main concern is if Vance is the VP....who will DeWine pick as his replacement. DeWine is a political slime ball IMO.

Says the guy who’s still parroting the whitmer kidnapping hoax amongst a plethora of other lies.
Your Tin foil hat is out of alignment again. Try pointing it towards Jupiter.
Not many hoaxes end in prison time.

Matt Walsh:

Here’s the official story so far: a random 20 year old acting completely alone walked within 150 yards of a presidential campaign rally with a rifle, climbed onto a rooftop in full view of Secret Service snipers, set up his shot and fired without anyone intervening and with no help from anyone.

This 20 year old is also so politically radical as to attempt an assassination and yet not radical enough to have ever posted any political writings or commentary on any social media site ever in his life. He also wrote no manifesto and left behind no indication about why he did it. His last and only political act, before attempting to kill the Republican candidate, was to register as a Republican.

You must believe this and ask no questions about it or else you are a conspiracy theorist. And one thing we know about assassination attempts is that there’s never any conspiring involved.

Yet, recently POTUS Joe Biden was a little bit more graphic and a lot more literal. In a widely reported call to hundreds of donors last week, Biden boasted, “I have one job, and that’s to beat Donald Trump. I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that. So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.”
Have any of our resident Libs given their impressions on this particular comment from Biden? Because we know if Trump had even dared utter such a thing, the media would be in a frenzy for weeks. remember the insane frenzy when they took Trump's use of the word "bloodbath" wildly out of context? and still to this day bring that BS up?

What I read is SS is broken up into tiers. Tier 1 is the ppl near the stage, and like tier 4 are the snipers. The 3rd is usually made up of local law enforcement and security. The snipers didn't see the guy bc they have areas that they have surveillance on. In other words tier 4 watches anything past 150 yards or whatever and focuses soley on that, where 3 watches inside that perimeter. So the local guys missed it.
Not saying you're wrong at all, but I thought I heard about the local cop who confronted the shooter before the attack, only to retreat like a coward when the shooter turned on him..... Maybe that anecdotal part of this whole timeline has been debunked?

I voted for Vance. Has turned out (in a very short period of time) a good Senator. Just as importantly he has shown the ability to express his/our views in a clear and concise manner....and takes no 'guff' from Dem/lib reporters.

My main concern is if Vance is the VP....who will DeWine pick as his replacement. DeWine is a political slime ball IMO.
Yes, I worry every house or senate seat could be crucial.

Not saying you're wrong at all, but I thought I heard about the local cop who confronted the shooter before the attack, only to retreat like a coward when the shooter turned on him..... Maybe that anecdotal part of this whole timeline has been debunked?
Read this morning that the cop was standing on another cop's shoulder to climb up to the roof since there was no ladder there. When the kid turned and pointed the rifle...the cop (of course) reacted/ducked/etc and when he did either he fell or the cop he was standing on fell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT