POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know the case well enough to hazard an opinion, would have to look into it. Seems like a case of competing interests, free press vs. slander/defamation. I would tend to come down on the journalism side in a vacuum, but you can't print straight lies about people either so it just depends on the particulars.
GPsMyisXMAA6b4e

This is correct of course. Restaurant owners can only pay $2.13 to customarily tipped employees and by agreeing to take the "tip credit" with respect to those employees. In other words, if the tips fail to take the employee up to the federal MW for all hours worked, then the restaurant owner has to supplement.

As far as I know, Trump is making no proposal about how tipped workers are paid. He proposed that tips should not be taxable wages. What is the justification for this? They are wages, inasmuch as a server's tips will make up the majority of their income. Is this just a political ploy to garner support from young people? Obviously Biden makes similar, nakedly political proposals to appeal to the same people, but what is the justification for Trump's?
To steal votes from Biden.

* KA -- BOOM *

Thanks again, Joe.
You left someone off your thank you card....

And this derserves flowers and dinner out....

Honerable mention...2 percent interest rates were NEVER going to past forever dude.

t

Sam thinks 4 more years of this sounds awesome.

Better than this cluster fu**....

I had a neighbor who had two kids working at a Cracker Barrel and said they made bank on tips, far better than just making a standard wage. Especially on weekends. Old people tip well and they turn tables a lot faster than a place like Jeff Ruby's.
OTOH, a table at JR's probably has a bill 5X of a CB table.

Add to that, the service will decrease drastically because there will be no incentive to provide top service.

But the left doesn't like Trump's fantastic move because they will lose control over ALL peoples' income. And once people get used to NO taxes on tips, they ain't gonna like what they see in social insecurity and Mediscare.

Oh, I guess someone gave up their stupid argument about babies in the womb talking (and making life decisions) and what not...
Most Euro countries have little or zero tipping. I can't say I've noticed a difference in service there than here. Maybe so, just hasn't stood out to me.

Reactions: Dionysus444
False. Servers make minimum wage if no one tips. The pay scale is dependent upon a societal an agreement/norm that we tip. A friend of mine who owned a restaurant said he never had to pay servers more than the statutory minimum because with their credit card sale tips alone, his servers made more than minimum wage. He had servers who worked for him for their whole careers and, this was no Jeff Ruby’s, but a reasonably priced restaurant that packed them in for lunch.
The average has to be above 7.25. But that's BS as you can get a good table that tips nicely and a shitty table that doesn't tip at all when you served them the exact same way. You may get paid $14 one hour and $2 the next, averaging out to your $8 for more than 7.25. But really you only got $2 an hour that one hour, as you shouldn't be penalized for making more in that $14 hour.
And, no one works for free in the restaurant world, except for maybe some owners. This is typical for you. You exaggerate a sliver of truth that you believe supports your mission, but ignore the whole picture. At best, you lie to yourself to justify your cause. At best.
I just went over how.

The average has to be above 7.25. But that's BS as you can get a good table that tips nicely and a shitty table that doesn't tip at all when you served them the exact same way. You may get paid $14 one hour and $2 the next, averaging out to your $8 for more than 7.25. But really you only got $2 an hour that one hour, as you shouldn't be penalized for making more in that $14 hour.
Then don't forget, your best friend big government comes in and gets their greedy hands all over it

Reactions: Lost In FL

I just went over how.

Sure you did. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Lost In FL
Ah, it's not really a good look for someone of her appearance to punch down like that. I have probably done it myself, but I'm an old buzzard, or close to it, not some 20something hot girl. Also, she's totally wrong about politicians and especially actors, most of whom are attractive and charismatic. The social media woke crowd, the Antifas, the Corona zealots, though....yeah, she's pretty much spot on that bunch.

Reactions: gamecockcat
He's unfit to hold the position. Completely biased and zero respect for our US Constitution.
He may wanna refresh his memory on the GD First Amendment to the Constitution.
Fu** Alito and all those that wanna turn the US into a quasi theocracy.
First Amendment:
"Congress shall make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Btw...the US is more Godly now than it ever was before.
What was Godly about Slavery?
What was Godly about Small Pox blankets and the Trail of Tears?
What was Godly about Jim Crow Laws?
What was Godly about laws forbidding women rights to own property?
This country danced with the Devil for most of its existence Alito.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT