POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hamas is an "idea" and that murderous rampage was a peaceful protest.

If the real "Palestinians" had the will, they could run Hamas out of there, and tell Iran to pound sand. So spare me the innocent civilians tripe.

Stow the Israel is an apartheid state nonsense as well.

over 21 percent of the population is Muslim, and lives there peacefully, with full citizenship rights.

Last edited:
Yeah, JC was pretty clear about the fact that following him was more than likely going to lead to you getting ****ed around during your earthly life. He made no bones about it.

What a lot of organized churches teach, well, I can't control that. But a lot of what SOME "Christians" do has no bearing on true Christianity. Lumping it all together is weak-minded and illogical.
I mean, this. He was God, and they nailed Him to a tree. If man treats the Living God that way, you know yourself being mere mortal doesn't mean you're going to be treated well.

Being a Christian doesn't guarantee you squat outside of eternal salvation.

I'm a native New Yorker. Does THAT surprise anyone?

Speaking of, I had to apply for a birth certificate from New York because who knows what happened to the original. It took NINE months to receive it. And that was after I paid 50 dollars to EXPEDITE IT! lol

Not just the GOP? What world do you live in? What more hateful has been happening besides the pro-Gaza protests & camp-ins with their antisemitic chants? You're nothing but another lib disguising as an independent.
You don't know me. And don't even pretend to try to. And I certainly don't have to justify myself to an anonymous poster. Good luck shoving me into a box.

By the way, anti-Semitism is wrong no matter what side preaches it.

Have a good one.

Reactions: vhcat70
At this point, we deserve it.

Idk, I'm honestly fine with Trump running because I still see him being capable enough, or wise enough to put the right people in place, to fix the economy, close the borders, keep our geopolitical adversaries in check. That's all I really care about.

Don't care about these guys personal lives (unless it's something big), don't care that he's an asshole and ego maniac (chances are the ceo of the company you work for is the same way), Don't care that he's old because he still seems to be almost at full mental capacity at this time. He's no more corrupt than any other politician in my eyes (his quote about having to "pay" off people like the Clinton's just to be able to build in NYC).. they're all sleaze bags deep down.

I kind of laugh when people go "can we just get rid of both?".. it feels like it's mostly from democrats who KNOW Biden just can't do this job. They know hes bkt mentally there AND his results have been awful. Ideally, I'd want someone more "presidential" than Trump.. but if you give me the results of his 1st term? Yeah I'm more than fine with that.

If the real "Palestinians" had the will, they could run Hamas out of there, and tell Iran to pound sand. So spare me the innocent civilians tripe.

over 21 percent of the population is Muslim, and lives there peacefully, with full citizenship rights.
There are Muslims /Palestinians even in the Knesset, if I’m not mistaken.

So yeah, this “Israel is an apartheid state” nonsense is a complete lie, swallowed whole by liberals all over the world, especially here , especially on college campuses.

they're all sleaze bags deep down.
And that's the problem. And we keep putting them in. That being said, I'm not naive enough to believe we will ever have perfect leadership.

I mean, Jimmy Carter is probably one of the best people to ever hold office as a person....but we all know how crappy that Presidency was. He tried, but he just was ineffective.

Would just be nice to strike a balance and get some kind of decent moral leadership again. Instead, we're stuck with two creepy old guys.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
They chose to believe the myths/fables because it helps explain the inexplicable.
Man has created these myths/fables since caveman times to help them make sense of their place in the universe.
Nobody likes the idea of the only outcome for your existence being on earth for 75 years then being served up as worm food.
It's comforting to believe there is something beyond that.....even though there is scant scientific evidence to prove that.
I get that. It would be very comforting to believe those things. What I don't understand is how you then make the jump to actually truly believing it.

For instance, it would be much better for me to believe I'm never going to get cancer. I'd never have to worry about and dread the possible horrors, never have to get the finger up the butt cancer check exam, never have to watch the foods or drugs or anything I consume for carcinogens. Way better life. But ultimately it just isn't true. No matter how much I believe it, I could still get cancer. And if I had believed so hard I didn't take any of those uncomfortable preventative measures it probably would be so bad by the time it was detected it's lights out for me.

This is why I asked the initial question not about any of the existential stuff like belief in God, or a higher power, or anything about the creation of the universe. I just wanted to know about the practical, real world and our place in it. There are no miracles. No one comes back from the dead. Things happen to us whether we want them to or not. Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, drought. Everyone knows this, we all experience it together. Some of the most faithful will readily admit it as @BlueRunner11 did earlier. But some still actively choose to believe something else, and I don't understand why.

Last edited:
If Trump goes to prison, it isn't going to be Riker's Island etc. It would probably be essentially minimum security day camp. And, like I said, I don't think even Merchan has to balls to sentence him to prison/home incarceration over a first time non-violent felony. That would be absolutely beyond the pale.

IT WOULD be funny, you have to admit, if Trump had to serve home incarceration IN THE WHITE HOUSE. lol

The big bang cannot be proven in the sense that we cannot unwind time and actually observe the incident. However, even atheists agree that space and time had a beginning. One way to look at it, if the timeline were infinite going backwards, then we would never arrive to "today", because there would always be one more day to go back. Add to that the cosmological argument that matter is moving outward in all directions. The lectures on this are quite fascinating.

EVERYONE has to deal with how things "started". And there are some fruit loop theories on this board. But you always have to go back to an "uncaused causer". And that uncaused causer HAS to be outside of the "universe".
Who created God then? Who caused that "uncaused causer"?

Reactions: sambowieshin
If Trump goes to prison, it isn't going to be Riker's Island etc. It would probably be essentially minimum security day camp. And, like I said, I don't think even Merchan has to balls to sentence him to prison/home incarceration over a first time non-violent felony. That would be absolutely beyond the pale.
I could see home incarceration. Let's be real. The man has money- he can still do a ton of things without ever leaving one of his properties. He's not like you or I where we have to be out and about to get things done.

But yeah, he's a multi-millionaire/billionaire convicted of non-violent white-collar felonies He's not going to Riker's.

I'm a native New Yorker. Does THAT surprise anyone?

Speaking of, I had to apply for a birth certificate from New York because who knows what happened to the original. It took NINE months to receive it. And that was after I paid 50 dollars to EXPEDITE IT! lol

Nine months. Sounds about right. I bet you signed the form you had to fill out in Section C.

• Love
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Public Policy poll has Trump with a 3 point lead in Nebraska's 2nd district.

What does that mean, if he were to win it? (along with Nevada and Arizona, where he has a comfortable margin)

It means that, even if Biden holds all four rust belt states, each candidate would have 269 votes, and effectively re-elect Trump. LOL

Can you possibly IMAGINE the hysteria, whining, crying, and absolute meltdowns? It would be the greatest, most humorous spectacle of the century. LOL
Getting NE2nd on 2020 election night was a huge milestone. Didn't end up mattering as GA and others ultimately shook out for Biden, but for preventing the 269 tie, which Trump wins, exactly like you said, it's massive. If it comes down to that in 2024 it will be the first time in our history gerrymandering determined a federal presidential election, as only a tiny number of our EC votes are based on congressional district and they've never been determinative before.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
You don't know me. And don't even pretend to try to. And I certainly don't have to justify myself to an anonymous poster. Good luck shoving me into a box.

By the way, anti-Semitism is wrong no matter what side preaches it.

Have a good one.

He's a troll; if you're gonna participate in this thread, don't let them get under your skin.

Reactions: Girthang
Yeah, JC was pretty clear about the fact that following him was more than likely going to lead to you getting ****ed around during your earthly life. He made no bones about it.

It's how we know few are living like him now.

What a lot of organized churches teach, well, I can't control that. But a lot of what SOME "Christians" do has no bearing on true Christianity. Lumping it all together is weak-minded and illogical.

Exactly

What about all the people in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza that Israel controls but don't have those rights? The apartheid isn't in reference to Israeli Arabs...

The thing that he will never realize or admit is the so-called "christians" that he despises ... is actually him and people who think and behave like him.

Exactly. For most liberal people it's like that. They merely project their own sins, desires, and failings onto others and hate them for it. Liars think everyone lies. Thieves think everyone steals. Racists call people racist on the regular.

They hang themselves in effigy every chance they get

Donald Trump is about as Republican as "I" am.

That's the other part of this whole charade that is comical. It's also how you know they're a cult of "true believers." Dems are only condemning themselves when they decry the Donald. He was one of them for decades. They're like scientologists and other religious groups like them when someone leaves the org.

He was like them before he ran for president. And that's what they condemn him for.... Nothing new ever comes up that holds any water. Just how he behaved when he was a Democrat donor.

NEWSFLASH: Created Demands Creator Also Be Created. Time and matter bound demands Creator also be so bound. Man in a box, demands box confine all.
Whether bound by time and matter or not, the same question applied to the origin of the universe can be applied to the origin of a Creator of the universe.

Reactions: sambowieshin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT