POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is nationalism considered so bad? The ones who often scoff at nationalism are totally on board with every other group taking pride in their country (or even skin color oddly) and are also on board with open borders.

It's a great marketing plan though. Call anyone who is against America becoming a third world toilet where Muslims dominate, a "racist" and act like there's something wrong with knowing that the U.S. Is better than most of the world.

Why is nationalism considered so bad? The ones who often scoff at nationalism are totally on board with every other group taking pride in their country (or even skin color oddly) and are also on board with open borders.

It's a great marketing plan though. Call anyone who is against America becoming a third world toilet where Muslims dominate, a "racist" and act like there's something wrong with knowing that the U.S. Is better than most of the world.
Actually, those that scoff at nationalism don't limit their scoffing to American nationalism. I can assure you that the same level of scoffing is done against European nationalists as well. The American media participates in it (witness the hysteria from the MSM over Brexit, and that's going to pale in comparison to the reaction that will occur if it really starts to look like France may have its first woman President).

It's been my experience that the people on the left hate upper class white guys. You know they're not going to be reasonable, right? They're coming after your money. This SJW stuff isn't going to stop until a HUGE chunk of your paycheck is going directly to them.

A poor liberal will hate a CEO earning 3.5 million a year but cheer wildly for 12 million dollar running back who refuses to stand for our anthem. Go figure. No, the poor and bitter left, the mass body that Hillary needs the most, they hate middle class wealth more than all other forms. They hate the 35 year middle class man in his 35k pick-up going home to his 3500 sq. ft. home on 35 acres, and his 35 dollar an hour skilled labor job.

Why is nationalism considered so bad? The ones who often scoff at nationalism are totally on board with every other group taking pride in their country (or even skin color oddly) and are also on board with open borders..

This is a very good question with an answer difficult to both provide and understand on American terms alone. And on American terms, in my opinion, nationalism is not necessarily bad for this reason: because it is almost one in the same with American culture. However, that is changing. Most unfortunate, indeed.

Many years ago, when I first began working in Europe, I was surprised at how regularly European people (particularly mainland, western European people) would go out of their way to make me aware that in their communities (they might say "in our places") they would never fly the flag. French, Germans, Dutch . . .particular point of voluntary emphasis from them. Reason - to do so would be to symbolize an importance of government over the culture. In western Europe, culture is #1.

What is our culture without our nation? That might be a starting point for how to answer the question, because your question is very European rooted, speaks to how a continent began arming itself, primed for two great wars.

Nah...still plenty of venison in the freezer, canned veggies in the basement, 2K rounds of ammo, and a well-stocked private lake at the in-laws'. Word of advice (not that I expect someone of your superior intellect to take it): You might want to rethink disparaging hayseeds like myself so flippantly....a neutered liberal such as yourself will need a friend like me to carry your ass when the SHTF.
I have lived in and still have family in the very poorest regions of Eastern Kentucky and the military was my ticket out of there. You're not carrying me anywhere. I don't need you, your government cheese, nor your hilljack beer drinking stories.

This is a Kentucky board. Probably 90% of the posters here know their way around the woods. Another half of those are ex-military. You've got nothing to sell here, Turtleman. Especially frozen food while bragging about how prepared you are for when the "SHTF"... LOL. What a tool.

G8-PA5KA.jpg

I'm humbled by all the visitors to our thread showing appreciation for the greatest Secretary of State we've ever had. Your patronage is appreciated and thank you once again for making this such a successful and well visited thread. One of our greatest ever. Thank you.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
well, the voter registration deadlines for Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan have now passed. Since Trump's entire path to 270 hinges on previously unengaged white voters in those three states suddenly coming out of the woodwork for him, he'd better be praying to all that is holy that they knew to register before today...because his campaign sure as hell wasn't out there helping them do it to any great degree.

We should see preliminary numbers by the end of the week.

Reactions: Nuke99m
http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/10/democrats-were-worried-about-rand-pauls

Hillary was afraid of Rand's appeal to young people and minorities. Too bad the Republicans just *couldn't* nominate anyone other than Trump, lest they lose the general election. Nominating a principled small government conservative might have sent the wrong message that the party isn't just about nationalism and labor grievances.

Again, this electoral loss for the Republicans is SOLELY at the feet of the big government nationalist strain of the party. You guys did it to yourself

Rand Paul -- What to undermine: the idea he is a "different" kind of Republican; his stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color.

Young people don't vote and Republicans are never going to get the black vote. I wish it weren't true, but Republicans don't like Rand Paul. They just don't. He would be framed as a dangerous, racist, and naive. His positions are very nuanced and he would follow that objectivist rabbit down the hole.

The best chance the Republicans had (outside of Trump) was middle of America, unobjectionable "regular Republican" . . . like Paul Ryan. It's seems weird that he didn't run, instead choosing to stir shit in October. What is that all about?

Im sure that in 2024 we'll look back fondly at Her presidency, have a state-sanctioned laugh and have wonderful discussions about Dearest Madame President. We'll sort through photos of Her trips to visit East Korea to survey earthquake damage when She stood on the Golden Gate Bridge: Brought to you by Sinopec and declared that, "while Mother Earth might open her loins and swallow our citizens, she shall never swallow our pantsuits. Allah Ackbar." We will also reminisce about the loss of Greatest Presidential Daughter who was lost in a horrific dental catastrophe and Most Reverend First Gentleman who succumbed to internal bleeding after Dearest Madame President allowed all women of the US to land one solid kick to the balls. As She leaves the Vulval Office and transfers power to Dearest Madame President Obama, we will all stand with laurels in our hair and orchids in our hands as tears of joy stream down our faces.

This "Russia hacked us to influence the election" stuff is seriously dangerous. If it were true, why has the evidence not been thoroughly communicated to the public? I think even the most ridiculous Alex Jones nutbar might accept that if the CIA or FBI or NSA or whichever letters are responsible held a detailed presser and said "Yes it is the Russians tampering with the election. Here is how we know. We should probably go to war".

Hell, even if I were Hillary and legit thought Russia was tampering with the election . . . I would be standing on the moderator's desk yelling at the American people. Off-handed comments aren't enough for claims this serious.

Without this kind of thing, it is just warmongering.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="ckwils2, post: 5250376, member: 3778" Off-handed comments aren't enough for claims this serious.

QUOTE]

This whole election on both sides is nothing but "off-handed comments"

Have been hearing these ads from Rand Paul, and man he just pisses me off.

Willy, man, this guy has been in office how long? On his ad he's talking about "I'm for you Kentucky, I'm for bringing coal back, establishing family farms, and I really care about families..."

That's insulting as hell. That shit left this state decades ago. It was written a long time ago. What did you do about it Rand?

Any politician that was in office during KY's fall needs I kindly stfu, imo. It's a kick in the nuts.

Also, care about your own family. Go help your son, idiot. You're a surgeon, politician, gtfo. You ain't helped KY, so maybe just help your family and help your patients.

I know one man can't do shit, but we need gatherers and leaders and people to inspire other politicians and get a movement going. Rand is fn lame. He can't do that shit.

Atleast he isn't gay af.

Reactions: screwduke1
The Clinton Foundation was taking money from Saudi Arabia BIG LEAGUE at the same time they knew SA was funding ISIS. Neat.

This should be a YUGE national story. We shall see how much air it gets.

Last edited:
I think I speak for everyone when I say Trump is far more dangerous with all his documented instances of pussy grabbing as Clinton is with the documented instances of the same people who fund terrorist organizations finding it appropriate to fund Clinton.

Or maybe Russia is supposed to be the made up boogeyman here, not the pussy grabbing. Tough to keep track.

Reactions: Bill Derington
This "Russia hacked us to influence the election" stuff is seriously dangerous. If it were true, why has the evidence not been thoroughly communicated to the public? I think even the most ridiculous Alex Jones nutbar might accept that if the CIA or FBI or NSA or whichever letters are responsible held a detailed presser and said "Yes it is the Russians tampering with the election. Here is how we know. We should probably go to war".

Hell, even if I were Hillary and legit thought Russia was tampering with the election . . . I would be standing on the moderator's desk yelling at the American people. Off-handed comments aren't enough for claims this serious.

Without this kind of thing, it is just warmongering.

Russia isn't behind the hacks, that storyline came out immediately after the first hack half heartedly, and they're running with it now.

It's simply an excuse to try and get folks to ignore whats in the actual emails.

Why is nationalism considered so bad?
Because in practice it always puts the collective above the individual. Being proud of your country is not nationalism. Nationalism is collectivizing your citizens and "asking" that they put the interest of the whole above their own needs for the good of the country.

Nationalism, in practice, is no different than a cult. Give all to the group and you can bask in the reflected glory of the cult/nation/etc.

Ok, so globalism is better! Got it.

Rand Paul should have been Trump's VP. Pence was a great pick but Rand knows his stuff and if Trump would have listened then Rand could easily crush Hiliary on policy.

If Trumps strategy with Bill's victims work then the next two weeks he could easily bounce back.

This campaign was never ever going to be about policy & was always going to be about giving personal approval of The Donald, or not

Exact definition no clue, but basically it spreads America's corporations/jobs all over the damn world while bringing in more 3rd world cast offs that want out of their country so bad but want to change America to the exact same environment.

I'm sure that isn't the definition but that's basically what it is becoming.

I wasn't saying you were saying it, just people in general since obama/Hilliary etc are all for it and people vote for them regardless.

You are right about Rand, but it would have been best for both.

At a minimum, Nationalism rails against a new world order.

Here is the real problem and the reason things like the Bible and Nastrodomus etc predict the 1 govt rule over people or 1 global currency as being the end of time. Because it is easy to see, and once you limit yourself to a local level income you cap out. But if you can legally expand then you force more revenue and more profits. Those extra profits create greed and competitions want that for themselves and the next thing you know no one wants to settle for the local capped out business model. Opening those doors seems to really benefit the corporations and maybe employee, but long term it creates exactly what those that believe the end of the world will come.

But like old Bob Marley said we have to fulfill the book!

Lexington is trying to ban pan handling, or something. Idk how that's possible, or why govt is worried about this. They recommend giving money to non-profits instead of pan handlers. LMAO. I think they cited the Clinton Foundation...jk.

I mean, why is this a problem. I don't like looking at fat women in small clothing, and feel very strongly that issue is more of an eyesore and nuisance than the occasional panhandler you might see.

I say just start building walls around thr rich. Section off the parts of town you don't want poor people, and that's that. It's inevitable. Might as well get started.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
Because in practice it always puts the collective above the individual. Being proud of your country is not nationalism. Nationalism is collectivizing your citizens and "asking" that they put the interest of the whole above their own needs for the good of the country.

Nationalism, in practice, is no different than a cult. Give all to the group and you can bask in the reflected glory of the cult/nation/etc.

Lmao

Then reduce it down to localism.

Over the past few years, the panhandling problem in Cincinnati has gotten horrible.

You just have to act like they don't exist.

Drive on 3rd street after dark and you can see all the Obamavilles.

I'd happily pay for a street car that drives them straight to Florida as opposed to that stupid figure 8 I'm paying for.

Reactions: jamo0001
Here is the real problem and the reason things like the Bible and Nastrodomus etc predict the 1 govt rule over people or 1 global currency as being the end of time. Because it is easy to see, and once you limit yourself to a local level income you cap out. But if you can legally expand then you force more revenue and more profits. Those extra profits create greed and competitions want that for themselves and the next thing you know no one wants to settle for the local capped out business model. Opening those doors seems to really benefit the corporations and maybe employee, but long term it creates exactly what those that believe the end of the world will come.

But like old Bob Marley said we have to fulfill the book!

Trotsky and Lenin believed that for communism to really work, it had to be world wide. Radical forces of Islam want a world-wide caliphate. Etc, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT