ADVERTISEMENT

Please explain to me

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
How Louisville can consistently attract outstanding quarterbacks and other than Tim Couch and Andre Woodson we seem incapable of doing so. We outrecruit them at most other positions which is why we have won five straight over them . But they always seem to have always have better QBs . Louisville for Pete’s sake . Not Georgia , Alabama of Texas . Louisville! how do they identify the top QBs ? how do they recruit them. I really really just don’t get it .

Can our coaches not spot talented qb’s ? Is our reputation for the type of offense we run an impediment to recruiting a quality QB? Is there some other factor ? I just don’t understand it . Would some one please explain to me what we are doing wrong or perhaps not doing at all ?

How Louisville can consistently attract outstanding quarterbacks and other than Tim Couch and Andre Woodson we seem incapable of doing so. We outrecruit them at most other positions which is why we have won five straight over them . But they always seem to have always have better QBs . Louisville for Pete’s sake . Not Georgia , Alabama of Texas . Louisville! how do they identify the top QBs ? how do they recruit them. I really really just don’t get it .

Can our coaches not spot talented qb’s ? Is our reputation for the type of offense we run an impediment to recruiting a quality QB? Is there some other factor ? I just don’t understand it . Would some one please explain to me what we are doing wrong or perhaps not doing at all ?
You’re not giving J Lo enough credit. RIP.

Levis his junior year is the only decent throwing QB we have had in a decade. That should tell us all we need to know about the overall coaching philosophy. Without a STUD running back,Stops coaching philosophy is bankrupt. We have a decent running back this year and one that MIGHT have been but he doesn't get enough touches to know

Maybe it’s not the QB but an offensive system that’s hard to learn, easy to defend, and hard to recruit to.

Maybe it’s not the QB but an offensive system that’s hard to learn, easy to defend, and hard to recruit to.

Brock regressed since the beginning of the season. Early in the year he had nice pocket movement, didnt panic, and nicely went through progressions.

Also the offensive play calling regressed. No more tempo (partly because we insanely rotate qbs), very few route combos that stress a defense, and we refuse to stick with whats working in any given game. Our offense is good at one thing, which is inside zone and pin/pull but we refuse to run it. Whens the last time we saw pin/pull that was so effective for us the first 4 games? Why do QBs get so many carries when our most explosive player in the backfield gets limited touches?

I was underwhelmed by bush's resume when he was hired but remained open minded. when he said the right things, it sounded positive. Now i van clearly make the decision he is a poor fit.

We just lack identity, lack a coherent plan (in game or across games), and continue to focus on touches instead of results (the latter is definitely a stoops thing as we saw this persist through the last two ocs too).

We could've and should've made a much better hire especially given what we paid hamden. That's on stoops. He needs to fix it and i think he should be given that opportunity because the last three guys he hired were all good or great.

Reactions: ManitouDan
When the offense ends up being a problem every single year, and you've changed OCs most years, the problem is elsewhere.

Reactions: K_TIME
We could've and should've made a much better hire especially given what we paid hamden. That's on stoops. He needs to fix it and i think he should be given that opportunity because the last three guys he hired were all good or great.
Man..hard sell to give Stoops yet another OC he’ll fire in one year. Dawson, scangerello and Bush all would get axe in year one 😳

Unless it’s a situation Ky can’t fire Stoops (which may be the case) the head coach has to wear this one.

But j agree Bush has been very underwhelming with his decision making.

To imagine all we lost off the offense last year was Leary (didn’t blow me away), Ray Davis (really good rb), Flax (decent tackle) and Tayvion Robinson (third best Wr) and brought everything else back with portal upgrades….and we’ll score 20 pts a game this season va 29 pts a game last season. Unbelievable decline

Don’t forget Oregon. Man those guys just reload every year. They have stupid Ducks on their shoulders and yet superstars flock to them.

It’s stoops 1976 approach .. attempt to run run run run , then put in a QB to run — like on 3rd and 7 … wildcat their ass , works every time , right ? Yes the OC has sucked , but only 1 common denominator in this entire equation, Stoops .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT