ADVERTISEMENT

Player that gave you the most pleasure

downthehatch

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
This year, #1 is Oscar. Tied for second are Jacob, Wheeler, Collins, Livingston, Reeves.

All-time #1 is Ulis. Tied for second are SGA, AD, Wall, Kenny Walker, Harrison twins, KAT, Bam, Tony Delk.

This year, #1 is Oscar. Tied for second are Jacob, Wheeler, Collins, Livingston, Reeves.

All-time #1 is Ulis. Tied for second are SGA, AD, Wall, Kenny Walker, Harrison twins, KAT, Bam, Tony Delk.
I am somewhat disappointed with Oscar. The thing that Oscar wanted to do well in which is rebounding he did extremely well, but his defense was simply not there. It was a little frustrating at times watching Oscar blow a defensive assignment only to raise his hands palms up as if someone else failed to do their job. I think Oscar at times was more concerned about being positioned for rebounds than playing defense. He would at times runover his own teammates for rebounds that he should have clearly seen would be rebounded by others.

Two top ones: John Wall and Tyler Ulis. Then, Anthony Davis, Jamal Mashburn, and Kenny Walker. Wall was so reckless and Ulis was so in control. Davis, Mashburn, and Walker were just preposterous talents.

Thats Hot GIF by Paris Hilton

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Tell us more
schitts creek what GIF by CBC
Funny stuff.

Revealing story. We were walking through downtown Lexington the summer before Ulis's freshman year when we passed a (semi-)famous Lexington restaurant. Through the window, we could see that several tables and been pushed together to accommodate many of the UK players. Even then, before a single game had been played, it looked as if Ulis was just holding court. If my sister's grandson doesn't become president one day, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler Ulis does.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I’ve had my faves in my 40 plus years as a fan. I went to UK in the 90s and knew some players personally that brought me great joy as a fan. However, for it me it might be Chuck Hayes. I feel like he gave everything he had and maxed out his ability. He left nothing on the table. He played so hard and sacrificed a ton. He deserved a final 4. He’s not even in my top 5 faves, but I was so proud of him. I could always count on him to wear that jersey the way it should be worn and represent what UK should be in basketball.

I guess he just never disappointed me on the floor!

Sam Bowie and Kenny Walker.

It was tough watching Sam go through the injuries. When healthy, he was amazing.

Kenny was explosive and so fun to watch.

Reactions: Cychologist
John Wall for me. I was at the UNC game that year and UK basketball was back and that arena was loud! He’s my all time favorite wildcat even with only 1 year and no chip.

The Unforgettables. I knew back then that I'd never get to enjoy Kentucky basketball quite the same.
Both UK and Arkansas were a lot of fun to watch back then. This plow-horse garbage that UK plays now, not fun. To anyone paying attention, this year it's going to be better athletes and shooters, doing the same plow-horse offense and not playing zone. Calipar is not going to adjust what he teaches based on his personnel.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
I think it started out as Oscar then shifted to Reeves and finally Livingston. They all had their ups and downs this year.

I wish the question was asked a different way. But...
1 Mashburn
2 Ulis
3 Kenny Walker
Actually I'm not sure if Ulis or Walker is 2.
Then there is a dropoff to 4.

Reactions: RVCAT84
Where the Anderson and Mercer fans at? I would expect Delk and Mash to be very popular answers here.

Dan Issel for me. Mash, Macy, Dampier are probably tied for second. Meeks was always fun, as was Ulis.

Too numerous to mention for this long-time fan, but I'll try. I'll start from the beginning (for me) when I first was old enough to pay attention to the Cats. I really liked watching these wildcat stars on the court...some for skill, some for shooting, some for ball handling & passing, some for being great ambassadors as well as players.

Grevey, Jimmy-Dan, Goose, Blonde-Bomber, Robey & Phillips (twin towers package deal), Macy, Lee (what a slam), Charles "Atlas" Hurt, the Blur, Bowie & the Dipper (twin towers part 2 package deal), Winston, Rex, Sky, Pelphry & 'Haus (unforgettable package deal), Ford, Mash & Dent (Mash 'em & Dent 'em package deal), Wayne the wojo-killer, Delk & Epps (sharp shooter package deal), Ron & 'Antoine (return to glory package deal), Nazzi, DA, Magliore, Shep, Tayshaun's 3s, Rondo, Chuck and Pat Pat....not as many under Cal because the one-year stay-time wasn't enough to really to build the relationship but I do reflect fondly on Wall, AD, Ulis, MKG, Boogie, Bucket, KAT, De'Aaron, Bam! and most recently....Oscar.

I'm sure I missed more than a few, but I am juiced thinking through OP's assignment.

Thanks for the memories Wildcats!

GBB!

Players from 1969 to 1992
Issel, Ronnie Lyons, Epps, Davender, Chuck Hayes, Goose, James Lee, Robey, Phillips, Macy, Bowie, Melvin, Sky, Harden, Casey, Pratt, Tom Parker, Jim Andrews, Grevey, Jimmy Dan, Mash and the Unforgettables.

Prior to 1975, Cawood brought these players to life to me via his wonderful descriptions over the radio with me keeping my own “scorebook” of every game for 3 years from 1971 thru 1974. Also the wonderful Mr. Wildcat, Bill Keightley!

Reactions: TheJuddDome
In all seriousness though, I would say some of the long term players like Patrick Patterson, Darius Miller, Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, PJ Washington, and Immanuel Quickley, and most recently Oscar. Among the one and dones, it would be Wall, Davis, KAT, Randle among others.

A quick story from the late 70s, early 80s. I can't place the year exactly, but am guessing based upon the age of my youngest son, who is now 52. I took my two sons to the UKIT, which was the easiest way to get tickets back then, because the students were all home for break and the rich people were all in Florida. We were beating the hell out of someone, Pepperdine if I remember correctly, and we had pretty much emptied the bench. We had 4 white guys in the game, with one white guy left on the bench. Remember that this was a time not too long after the game had gotten fully integrated. I think the lone white guy on the bench was Troy McKinley, but I'm old and my memory may be failing me, but I remember distinctly that the crowd started chanted the lone white guys name to get him in and have 5 white guys on the court. Eventually, Joe B. put him in at a break and the crowd went wild. Not necessarily a great moment, but one I remember.

Both UK and Arkansas were a lot of fun to watch back then. This plow-horse garbage that UK plays now, not fun. To anyone paying attention, this year it's going to be better athletes and shooters, doing the same plow-horse offense and not playing zone. Calipar is not going to adjust what he teaches based on his personnel.
When UK is good, cals teams aren't plow horse. No good coach runs zone majority of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT