ADVERTISEMENT

Plane Headed Back to Waco?

Not sure what the weather looks like up there today but yeah, this time of year and the winter is a hard sell and can be kinda meh some days. But Waco can be 120 and in the summer and still gets cool/cold in the winter.

It all depends on the persons perspective
Don't forget the potential for violent tornadoes down there

Reactions: EliteBlue
Do these people not realize there’s this thing called Zoom?

If there really is already a second Craft flight to Waco, it shouldn’t be for any reason other than to bring our new head coach to Lexington.
No Zoom if you want to show you mean business and pony up a bunch of cash.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Why would his wife come alone? Such a big move you’d think they’d do the visit together.
My first thought too but it’s probably a simple answer. Something like Drew had prior obligations that if he remains the Baylor coach he can’t blow off. Or simply an appearance thing where if they haven’t decided to come they were trying to keep
It under wraps and He being here would be obvious. His teeeted picture was clearly to show he was in Texas and an attempt
To keep rumors down as he posted it once the plane info came out. Seemed orchestrated.

They don’t get many, but when they do get them, they can be terrifying. The Jarrell tornado was something of nightmares.
295MPH but barely moved. Stood still and grinded everything. Horrible. They had to ID the bodies through teeth.

Waco ain’t in West Texas.
You aren’t wrong. I was taking liberty. It’s south of Dallas but FtWorth is considered the gateway to West Texas if you’re familiar w that area. Waco is down that centerline from the old cattle drive route days from south Tx to Oklahoma (w FT Worth being one of the last stops before moving into OK). Everything west of that centerline starts to get less populated w the exception of elpaso

Reactions: RunninRichie
Is the plane staying there for the night to take Drew back to Lexington tomorrow if he accepts
I would guess so. It's reported his wife and agent were on the plane. That makes 0 sense because he supposedly was eating lunch with his long time friend today

Comparatively to Waco… a lot. There isn’t much in West Texas. Lexington is a beautiful city intertwined with horse farms that still feels intimate and isn’t overwhelming from a size standpoint. There’s significantly more shopping, craft restaurants, activities than Waco. Now if you’re a big city person that prefers Chicago, LA types then Lexington will feel small and you probably won’t enjoy it.

I fly all over the country for a living. There are only a handful of airports that are more scenic to come into on a nice day than Lexington and most of those are coastal or tropical areas

If that sh1t restaurant was where rich people went for lunch, lifestyle should be an easy sell.

I love Texas but that was a bit shocking

Don't forget the potential for violent tornadoes down there
Yeah, but Waco has the Dr Pepper Museum, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and a live Bear in a cage with green lights at the entrance to campus . I was impressed. The Branch Dividian massacre happened after I visited there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT