ADVERTISEMENT

Pj's treatment...

how can you have over 2600 posts and only 29 likes? that seems impossible.

not judging

I dont want you to judge lol..I used to post often years ago but its too much for me most days so I just browse for information etc. This was before the days of "likes"...lol. I wouldnt want to post for likes ANYWAY! I was just thinking out loud and wondered if it would be better to have cast on or off.

I dont want you to judge lol..I used to post often years ago but its too much for me most days so I just browse for information etc. This was before the days of "likes"...lol. I wouldnt want to post for likes ANYWAY! I was just thinking out loud and wondered if it would be better to have cast on or off.
Yea I’m not sure exactly when the “likes” started, but I too have been on this board going on ten years now and rarely post. I don’t think they started adding the likes until the past year or two. Someone that hangs out on this board more than me would know though.

thanks...it just looks so odd

hindsight, "not implying anything" may have better wording

Reactions: uk#1alltime
I know the old R.I.C.E. protocol that was used for so long for sprains is now considered passe.

Seems everything I've heard recently was that more aggressive approaches worked much better, like ice treatments followed immediately by forced joint manipulation for one.

Putting a hard cast on seems to be a reversion back to older, less-effective methods.

I dont post too much but just been thinking about PJ and his foot. I think it would have been wise to keep the boot on so he could still take that off and get almost round the clock treatment. With the cast we waste days with treatment...just a thought.
I guess you know better than his doctor. Where did you get your degree in medicine?

Reactions: 420grover
I dont post too much but just been thinking about PJ and his foot. I think it would have been wise to keep the boot on so he could still take that off and get almost round the clock treatment. With the cast we waste days with treatment...just a thought.
My understanding is that the hard cast is the treatment. But I’m not a doctor, maybe you are.

Yea I’m not sure exactly when the “likes” started, but I too have been on this board going on ten years now and rarely post. I don’t think they started adding the likes until the past year or two. Someone that hangs out on this board more than me would know though.

Been about two to three years.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Hard cast promotes faster healing.

I know the old R.I.C.E. protocol that was used for so long for sprains is now considered passe.

Seems everything I've heard recently was that more aggressive approaches worked much better, like ice treatments followed immediately by forced joint manipulation for one.

Putting a hard cast on seems to be a reversion back to older, less-effective methods.

A "sprain" of the bottom of the foot is NOT the same as ankle. The tendons of the bottom of the foot and the fascia are super sensitive to touch and movement. That's why a "hard cast" is called for to limit both to a point that healing can be CONSTANT.

The thing that will be important once it's healed to the point that the pain is tolerable is the atrophy that has occurred over the week that the cast has been on the foot. Physical therapy will have to be for at least 48 hrs previous to him playing. That's why Cal, Kenny and PJ have set a target for Tuesday or early Wednesday as the day to remove the cast and test the foot.

I'm praying for healing.

A "sprain" of the bottom of the foot is NOT the same as ankle. The tendons of the bottom of the foot and the fascia are super sensitive to touch and movement. That's why a "hard cast" is called for to limit both to a point that healing can be CONSTANT.

The thing that will be important once it's healed to the point that the pain is tolerable is the atrophy that has occurred over the week that the cast has been on the foot. Physical therapy will have to be for at least 48 hrs previous to him playing. That's why Cal, Kenny and PJ have set a target for Tuesday or early Wednesday as the day to remove the cast and test the foot.

I'm praying for healing.
sounds impressive and correct
did you stay at a holiday inn last night?

I guess you know better than his doctor. Where did you get your degree in medicine?
His Dr definitely knows best. A hard cast will keep it completely imobile and will promote faster healing of the injury (depending on what the actual injury is, we aren’t even sure which ligaments are sprained).

However, being in a hard cast for even 7 days will take about a week just to get your total range of motion back after removing. When they went hard cast, in my mind, he wasn’t playing this weekend or next...guess we’ll see

You sir is why I dont post much. Nobody can ask a questioin without being ridiculed smh. I never said I was a doctor...duh. I was just asking a question. I dont know how a cast can speed up healing vs around the clock treatment. As I said I was speaking out loud. Where did you get your degree in the "lighten up department".

You sir is why I dont post much. Nobody can ask a questioin without being ridiculed smh. I never said I was a doctor...duh. I was just asking a question. I dont know how a cast can speed up healing vs around the clock treatment. As I said I was speaking out loud. Where did you get your degree in the "lighten up department".
That guy is being a douche. But he has a point. I’m sure PJ is getting the absolute best medical treatment. There may be no real “treatment” to do, other than let it rest.

Reactions: kl40504
What would you do to it to "treat" it?

Are you a doctor? The medical staff at UK knows what they're doing.

I hope this thread gets merged with the other 62 PJ threads

Ya this account is much older than the likes feature but i really wasn't very active until it was a thing honestly. I made this account when i was 15 for me and my dad, and we were more into reading for info as well. Most people even read the site a decent amount of time before even making usernames. We started around the Tubby situation and made a BS name right around the BCG saga and I've had it since

They put him in the cast because they are waiting to cut off his foot until his prosthetic foot is ready. Check back in a few days for my next report.

I'm praying for healing.
Thanks -- that explains why they're not being as aggressive with the treatment.

I'm assigning you one of the all-important "likes" for your post. Apparently that's what matters to some so I will help you in their eyes.

To all: can we all please go to the OP's original post and "like" it whether it's truly "likeable" to you or not? Wouldn't want some on here to look at him as a 'loser.'

Reactions: catben
He is getting around the clock treatment by the cast being on..The cast IS the treatment...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT