ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino/UofL on Donovan Mitchell is sickening

Mitchell will still have ample opportunity to test the waters. Would be a fool if he did not.

Nobody puts a gun to these player's heads. Pitino is not a slave master and cannot make Mitchell do anything. He can certainly advise him and I have no doubt he will advise him to stay. But if Mitchell doesn't test things out, then it becomes obvious he wants to stay.

Edell is the better player and much better upside player for the NBA, IMO. I think he would get drafted for sure.

Most likely that they all return. UL will be a top tier team in that case. At least during the regular season.

If a player can move from the 20s to top 10 the next year that is a significant amount of money (~$5-7m) and you will likely get playing time. Mitchell is not in that category. Late teens/early twenties is his ceiling. He is not a PG and is done growing.

Reactions: sefus12
Every thing I've read and listened to about him over the last few days from UofL fans is just hilarious. I keep reading about where he just needs 1 more year to develop and that being a late first round pick is all the more reason to come back one more season.

I remember Harrell coming back for 1 more season even though he was projected pretty high in 2014, and he ended up becoming a 2nd rounder. Russ Smith wasn't a first rounder, but the 2013 draft was very weak. One more year really did not change anything for him. The Louisville fans act like they've experienced this a lot and know for a fact how to develop NBA players, and Mitchell just needs 1 more year to be a top 5 pick. Their only top 20 picks recently were Rozier and Dieng, who were both sophomores.

You said that this year, last year and every year. Look I told you they sucked and they'll suck next year.

Same story with you. Every damn time and you agreed with Seth in saying we'd be out on the first weekend.

Also got ya on USC beating Duke, the same ul football sucked you said they would run the table after beating Fl St.

Your a troll or suck at this
I admire the way you post, Sir.

If a player can move from the 20s to top 10 the next year that is a significant amount of money (~$5-7m) and you will likely get playing time. Mitchell is not in that category. Late teens/early twenties is his ceiling. He is not a PG and is done growing.
apparently, Pitino said on the radio yesterday he views the PG slot as a competition between Snyder and Mitchell. Implication being Mitchell should come back because he'll play the point. Louisville fans are happy about this - the best they played this year was when Snyder was out and Mitchell played the point. This would allow VJ King to get off the bench.

Is this real, or is it just RP telling Mitchell something to entice him to return?

apparently, Pitino said on the radio yesterday he views the PG slot as a competition between Snyder and Mitchell. Implication being Mitchell should come back because he'll play the point. Louisville fans are happy about this - the best they played this year was when Snyder was out and Mitchell played the point. This would allow VJ King to get off the bench.

Is this real, or is it just RP telling Mitchell something to entice him to return?
Told Russ the same thing....didn't happen. Liars lie.

Reactions: Mojocat
Mitchell isn't a PG and never will be just like Russ Smith. UL fans think players can just decide to start playing a different position and become an NBA player at that position because they want to. Mitchell is a 2 guard and if he can get drafted in the first round he would be an idiot not to go. Pitino will lie to him though to get him to stay.

I work with a UL fan who told me today if Mitchell came back he would be a top 10 pick. Wtf is wrong with these people.

This year is guard heavy, next yr would be a better draft for Mitchell. He will be phenomenal next year, may be best guard in ACC. So yes, it makes sense for him to return. Like with Briscoe this draft, he should stay at UK another year. When we win #9 at the beginning of next month, Briscoe may reassess. Love these Cats!!!Go Big Blue!!!

Yeah? What happens if he shreds his knee?

I can think of more than a handful of guys who hurt themselves by not leaving when they did.

Chris Marcus
Brett Nelson
Chris Duhon
James McAdoo
Terrence Morris

All of those guys were projected first round and some even lottery and every single one of them hurt themselves by coming back.

Well if he wants to go back to that crap of a team, then I guess so.

With him they'll be a top 34-40 team next season just like they where finished this season..
Ah Pitino is getting tired of hearing/seeing crap from Rhodes, Zipp and Steelers. And being out done by Petrino...

That would be an extremely rare case. There are a ton of examples where a kid lost millions by not striking will the iron was hot, whereas there are very few cases where it helped coming back.

Not true. Not that definite anyway. We have no idea how many guys left too soon and hurt their careers in the process. We don't know how many stayed and it made them. Maybe steph curry wouldn't be himself had he gone after his sophomore year. Every player is different. People should use common sense and stop undervaluing a diploma every instance. Maybe he comes back and climbs 10 spots and becomes a better player physically AND mentally because of it. No one knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT